Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

I am so sick and tired of hearing that Alex is our best option "because of the lockout."  +$%# that!!!  If something is only our best option because of the lockout, then it ISNT the best option!!!

Get anyone else in here PLEASE!!! I mean, some people seem to think Harbaugh can turn Alex Smith into a good quarterback.  Well why cant Harbaugh turn someone else into a good quarterback?  Thats sound logic right?  Im not crazy for this thought process right?  Theres too much baggage with Alex.  He has had enough chances.  I cant take another year with him.  Get anyone else in here.  Let Harbaugh try to turn that bad quarterback into a good one.

/420rant

I am so sick and tired of hearing that Alex is our best option "because of the lockout."  +$%# that!!!  If something is only our best option because of the lockout, then it ISNT the best option!!!

Get anyone else in here PLEASE!!! I mean, some people seem to think Harbaugh can turn Alex Smith into a good quarterback.  Well why cant Harbaugh turn someone else into a good quarterback?  Thats sound logic right?  Im not crazy for this thought process right?  Theres too much baggage with Alex.  He has had enough chances.  I cant take another year with him.  Get anyone else in here.  Let Harbaugh try to turn that bad quarterback into a good one.

/420rant

The odds of us getting the first pick are very slim and if this organization is really keeping Alex one more year because they hope to get Luck next year, they are completely stupid. I agree with dland, I'm so sick of people saying he is our best option just because there isn't much more out there. I'll take ANYONE not named Alex Smith or David Carr. They seriously can't find anyone else worth giving a shot to? Alex has been given so many chances, it's not even funny. If he played for ANY other team in the league, he would have been cut by now.

The odds of us getting the first pick are very slim and if this organization is really keeping Alex one more year because they hope to get Luck next year, they are completely stupid. I agree with dland, I'm so sick of people saying he is our best option just because there isn't much more out there. I'll take ANYONE not named Alex Smith or David Carr. They seriously can't find anyone else worth giving a shot to? Alex has been given so many chances, it's not even funny. If he played for ANY other team in the league, he would have been cut by now.

Originally Posted by dland24

I am so sick and tired of hearing that Alex is our best option "because of the lockout."  !#@# that!!!  If something is only our best option because of the lockout, then he ISNT the best option!!!

/420rant

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

QsFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sick and tired of hearing that Alex is our best option "because of the lockout."  !#@# that!!!  If something is only our best option because of the lockout, then he ISNT the best option!!!

/420rant

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

QsFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roll.gif
calm down son!

Go back and look at my history, I hate Alex smith, but what you want us to do? Start a rookie w/ no OTAs, mini camps, or training camp? Start Carr? Keeping Smith and using him as a scapegoat while they tank the season, seems like Harbaugh and baalke's plan right now.

I'll take ANYONE not named Alex Smith or David Carr. They seriously can't find anyone else worth giving a shot to?

Who you gonna give the shot to when you cant sign free agents or trade for players?

roll.gif
calm down son!

Go back and look at my history, I hate Alex smith, but what you want us to do? Start a rookie w/ no OTAs, mini camps, or training camp? Start Carr? Keeping Smith and using him as a scapegoat while they tank the season, seems like Harbaugh and baalke's plan right now.

I'll take ANYONE not named Alex Smith or David Carr. They seriously can't find anyone else worth giving a shot to?

Who you gonna give the shot to when you cant sign free agents or trade for players?

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

roll.gif
calm down son!

Get another QB in here.  Why does it either have to be Smith or a rookie?  (dont ask me who please.  any list that you can make will have more capable players than Alex)

We have a decent team in a horrible division.  Even though we have many flaws, good QB play would have made this a playoff team for the past 2 years.  Im tired of our s-word QB holding us back.  Get someone else in here.  If that QB fails, then guess what?  We would end in the SAME position that Alex would have led us to.

roll.gif
calm down son!

Get another QB in here.  Why does it either have to be Smith or a rookie?  (dont ask me who please.  any list that you can make will have more capable players than Alex)

We have a decent team in a horrible division.  Even though we have many flaws, good QB play would have made this a playoff team for the past 2 years.  Im tired of our s-word QB holding us back.  Get someone else in here.  If that QB fails, then guess what?  We would end in the SAME position that Alex would have led us to.

roll.gif
calm down son!

They cant sign or trade for another QB until the lockout is over. So the only option is a rookie they will have no contact w/ until the lockout is over(most likely a couple weeks before week 1), and then they have to get him signed before he works w/ the team or Carr. I'm sure their will be a free for all for free agent QBs when the lockouts over but who's to say who signs w/ us? the 9ers FO is hedging their bets by offering Smith a 1 year deal.

So you tell me how do they "get another qb" within the lockout rules?

roll.gif
calm down son!

They cant sign or trade for another QB until the lockout is over. So the only option is a rookie they will have no contact w/ until the lockout is over(most likely a couple weeks before week 1), and then they have to get him signed before he works w/ the team or Carr. I'm sure their will be a free for all for free agent QBs when the lockouts over but who's to say who signs w/ us? the 9ers FO is hedging their bets by offering Smith a 1 year deal.

We suck with Smith. We suck with whomever they find on short notice.

Except everyone is sick and tired of sucking with Smith.

No #*$#.

We suck with Smith. We suck with whomever they find on short notice.

Except everyone is sick and tired of sucking with Smith.

No #*$#.

roll.gif
calm down son!

Lockout rules?  I think you are missing the point here.  Alex Smith is a FREE AGENT.  There are other free agents.  Get one of them.  Simple.

roll.gif
calm down son!

Lockout rules?  I think you are missing the point here.  Alex Smith is a FREE AGENT.  There are other free agents.  Get one of them.  Simple.

Here's a list of free agent QB's for this year. Who do you want?

Matt Hasselbeck (SEA)

Matt Moore (CAR)

Alex Smith (SF) 

Matt Leinart (HOU)
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
Other Notable Free Agents:
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

I'm not expecting more then 4-5 wins next season so IF Alex comes back on a 1 year deal its not the end of the world for me.

Here's a list of free agent QB's for this year. Who do you want?

Matt Hasselbeck (SEA)

Matt Moore (CAR)

Alex Smith (SF) 

Matt Leinart (HOU)
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]
Other Notable Free Agents:
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

I'm not expecting more then 4-5 wins next season so IF Alex comes back on a 1 year deal its not the end of the world for me.

I would basically take anyone on a 1 year deal and see what happens. If they suck, then we are in the same situation as we were in with Alex.
laugh.gif

I would basically take anyone on a 1 year deal and see what happens. If they suck, then we are in the same situation as we were in with Alex.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kwh3

I'd take Hasselback or I wonder if Harbaugh could do anything with Quinn.

Hasselback's way too fragile, you might as well say "hey lets start carr week 3"

laugh.gif

pretty much. Alex or no alex 9ers are a top 10 pick next year

Originally Posted by kwh3

I'd take Hasselback or I wonder if Harbaugh could do anything with Quinn.

Hasselback's way too fragile, you might as well say "hey lets start carr week 3"

laugh.gif

pretty much. Alex or no alex 9ers are a top 10 pick next year

Back
Top Bottom