Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Joined up in the league
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I'm going with What Up on this one. We're depleted everywhere.

We didn't re-sign Aubrayo Franklin, but we didn't draft Nick Fairley.

We cut Nate Clements, but we didn't draft Prince Amukamara.

Then we didn't go after top tier free agents, not even 2nd tier free agents. Our Plan B, Jonathan Joseph, signs with Houston and a day later we give up on Plan A, Nnamdi Asumougha. This front office doesn't make it hard to be a 49ers fan, but they damn sure make it very frustrating. It literally feels like this free agency class was like a party where they have giveaways, and the 49ers were the last to the party and now there's nothing for them. Everybody got something good, but not us.

Fairley isn't a 34 nose, you just proved to everyone you don't know what the %*%+ you're talking about. He's strictly a 1 gap player.

I personally would have taken Prince but the fact HOU passed on him with the worst secondary in a while says something as well. Nnamdi was never a realistic option, he wanted Philly. He wanted to play for a winner, which you have admitted the Niners aren't.

Neither is Franklin, genius. Both are undersized DTs, but guess what? Franklin was effective. And who's to say Fairley wouldn't have been? You don't have to be big you just have to be quick off the line, and Franklin was. So did you just not watch Nick Fairley play last year? And Houston passing on Amukamara doesn't say anything about him, them drafting Watt says they want to have a monster D-line. Being able to defend the pass starts up front! And that's what Houston is doing. Sounds to me like you're hating because I'm agreeing with What Up.

Yet you want to preach building through the draft, team success doesn't solely rely on the draft. Teams need veteran players with experience to help mentor the young players, dummy. Getting Nnamdi wasn't an unrealistic option, he said before he wanted to stay in Oakland. They just decided to not re-sign him. Or do you not remember that? It's clear to see you would fail as a GM. And fail miserably.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I'm going with What Up on this one. We're depleted everywhere.

We didn't re-sign Aubrayo Franklin, but we didn't draft Nick Fairley.

We cut Nate Clements, but we didn't draft Prince Amukamara.

Then we didn't go after top tier free agents, not even 2nd tier free agents. Our Plan B, Jonathan Joseph, signs with Houston and a day later we give up on Plan A, Nnamdi Asumougha. This front office doesn't make it hard to be a 49ers fan, but they damn sure make it very frustrating. It literally feels like this free agency class was like a party where they have giveaways, and the 49ers were the last to the party and now there's nothing for them. Everybody got something good, but not us.

Fairley isn't a 34 nose, you just proved to everyone you don't know what the %*%+ you're talking about. He's strictly a 1 gap player.

I personally would have taken Prince but the fact HOU passed on him with the worst secondary in a while says something as well. Nnamdi was never a realistic option, he wanted Philly. He wanted to play for a winner, which you have admitted the Niners aren't.

Neither is Franklin, genius. Both are undersized DTs, but guess what? Franklin was effective. And who's to say Fairley wouldn't have been? You don't have to be big you just have to be quick off the line, and Franklin was. So did you just not watch Nick Fairley play last year? And Houston passing on Amukamara doesn't say anything about him, them drafting Watt says they want to have a monster D-line. Being able to defend the pass starts up front! And that's what Houston is doing. Sounds to me like you're hating because I'm agreeing with What Up.

Yet you want to preach building through the draft, team success doesn't solely rely on the draft. Teams need veteran players with experience to help mentor the young players, dummy. Getting Nnamdi wasn't an unrealistic option, he said before he wanted to stay in Oakland. They just decided to not re-sign him. Or do you not remember that? It's clear to see you would fail as a GM. And fail miserably.

What was the point in taking Kapernick this year if you're arguably going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL?

What was the point in taking Kapernick this year if you're arguably going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL?

Looks like the only player left out there for us is Cromartie..hope we don't try and overpay for him

...another 6-10 season coming up. god damnit

Looks like the only player left out there for us is Cromartie..hope we don't try and overpay for him

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

No idea? We even traded up for him.

If we have the #1 next year do we go with Luck? If so, then we wasted a pick on Kapernick?

If we have the #1 next year do we go with Luck? If so, then we wasted a pick on Kapernick?

Originally Posted by srvballer

grin.gif
I don't even think they're going 6-10. More like 4-12 or 3-13.

Originally Posted by srvballer

grin.gif
I don't even think they're going 6-10. More like 4-12 or 3-13.

Originally Posted by obie21

Thats exactly what I was thinking the way things are going now, but I am almost definite they would take Luck... Just like the Panthers picked up Jimmy Clausen last eyar, then Cam Newton this year... Maybe they will just trade CK for a pick in the draft, who knows the way the office is running this team

Originally Posted by obie21

Thats exactly what I was thinking the way things are going now, but I am almost definite they would take Luck... Just like the Panthers picked up Jimmy Clausen last eyar, then Cam Newton this year... Maybe they will just trade CK for a pick in the draft, who knows the way the office is running this team

We'll end up with Matt Barkley at best. Maybe take a frail outside linebacker again? Can't have too few of those.

We'll end up with Matt Barkley at best. Maybe take a frail outside linebacker again? Can't have too few of those.

Perhaps, but as Tim Kawakami stated earlier (and for me to even remotely agree with him is painful) first year coaches and GM never attempt to tank in order for the following years draft.

To me, the lack of direction over the years, the stadium distraction, and the fact that they've stuck with Alex Smith basically show they have no clue as to what they're doing or what type of team identity they want to have.

It does remind me of the Warriors the more I think of it....

Perhaps, but as Tim Kawakami stated earlier (and for me to even remotely agree with him is painful) first year coaches and GM never attempt to tank in order for the following years draft.

To me, the lack of direction over the years, the stadium distraction, and the fact that they've stuck with Alex Smith basically show they have no clue as to what they're doing or what type of team identity they want to have.

It does remind me of the Warriors the more I think of it....

49ers fans don’t have to like or agree with any of these reasons, and I don’t agree with several of them myself.

In fact, 1 or 2 of them theoretically contradict each other, though the 49ers’ brass probably doesn’t utter it that way inside closed doors. (To be clear: These are mostly my interpretations of why they’re doing this, not necessarily their stated explanations.)

End result: The 49ers are experiencing far more free agent losses in the first F/A week than they are picking up gains, and this was not an extraordinarily talented roster to begin with.

So the 49ers fan wrath is not a shocker, though Twitter sure has made it more raucous.

But there are explanations for why 49ers management has taken such a–in their own words–

49ers fans don’t have to like or agree with any of these reasons, and I don’t agree with several of them myself.

In fact, 1 or 2 of them theoretically contradict each other, though the 49ers’ brass probably doesn’t utter it that way inside closed doors. (To be clear: These are mostly my interpretations of why they’re doing this, not necessarily their stated explanations.)

End result: The 49ers are experiencing far more free agent losses in the first F/A week than they are picking up gains, and this was not an extraordinarily talented roster to begin with.

So the 49ers fan wrath is not a shocker, though Twitter sure has made it more raucous.

But there are explanations for why 49ers management has taken such a–in their own words–

Back
Top Bottom