OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Worst case scenario, Gio steps up to occupy your RB2 role.

Once Gronk returns, you have elite production at the TE position only matched by Jimmy.

Gates becomes expendable. Any good available RB's on the FA wire?

no :lol:

only person i picked up was Bell

i dont even understand how the waiver wire works. I tried picking up Thomas after that big game and lost out..

someone dropped Vick for some odd reason but didnt try to pick him up

Same package of Tavon and Thomas for MJD, Murray, McFadden, Gore.

You probably will have to part with Garçon, but I'm trying to help you keep your best players.

If all four owners reject, buy Ridley or Miller super low. Both can be had on the cheap from an impatient owner.

Drop Dalton for Vick.

Your waiver priority is last because you picked first. Typically reverse order.

Lol so how did the guy with the #2 pick get Thomas even tho someone who had a later pick tried to get him as well? thats why im confused.

I also sent out Mendenhall and Jennings for D. Wilson

most likely getting declined.

no idea what to do to get a second RB but i dont want to give up Gronk either unless im getting someone very good but no one in my league is sending out trades

Wilson, Ridley, Miller the three RB's to buy low right now. MJD soon to be added with another lackluster performance in W2.

Leveon Bell, Gio Bernard will both have impacts as the season progresses.

trade already got rejected :lol:

and put waiver claim for Vick but not expecting to get him. My brother already put a claim for him the other day and i bet others might have as well.

Ok, so I'm contemplating trading for a QB. I have Brady and its not looking good thus far.

Looking to trade for Stafford. Dude has Ryan as a starter and Stafford as a backup (1 qb league)

He's in need of a flex and I'm thinking of offering either:

T. Smith (currently my WR 2 in a 2 WR league)

or

Sproles (currently my flex)

or

Boldin (currently on my bench)

Would you move Brady and another player for Stafford or Ryan?

I'm the patient type. I own Brady in a two QB start league. Romo is my QB2. Yet I'm staying put unless a high value offer presents itself.

I would dangle Q before this Seattle matchup. Those corners can handle his type of receiver.

Sproles is valuable in PPR. Torrey hang onto if he's your WR2.

Smitty.

Q's matchup is unfavorable. Big, physical corners.

Seattle struggles with smaller, speedy receivers. That's not Q.

Would you move Brady and another player for Stafford or Ryan?

I'm the patient type. I own Brady in a two QB start league. Romo is my QB2. Yet I'm staying put unless a high value offer presents itself.

I would dangle Q before this Seattle matchup. Those corners can handle his type of receiver.

Sproles is valuable in PPR. Torrey hang onto if he's your WR2.
I wasn't really planning to. I guess I'll just ride it out and see what happens.

I picked up Brandon Jacobs but now I see Vic Ballard is done for the yr. Do I stick with BJ or try and pick up Donald Brown?

Should I start
Marlon brown vs cle
Greg Jennings vs chi
Or
Andre Roberts vs det
Or Fred Jackson vs car for my flex pot
I'm leaning forward super sleeper marlon brown since jacoby jones is out and Haden will cover Torrey smith

Last edited:
which TE should i start?

Gates, Cameron, or Julius Thomas

which RB should i start?

Frank Gore or Daryl Richardson

I picked up Brandon Jacobs but now I see Vic Ballard is done for the yr. Do I stick with BJ or try and pick up Donald Brown?
For now, Brandon Jacobs. At the very least, he'll pass protect and receive goal line carries (leading to short TD's). He apparently knows most of the playbook already.

However, with Ballard done and Bradshaw made of glass, you may find yourself picking up Donald Brown in a couple weeks. He's serviceable as bench RB depth.

For RB2
Code:

Frank gore v sea
A Bradshaw v Miami

Non ppr . Rice rb1
Gore despite the matchup.

Bradshaw is a nice Flex option with Ballard out. But he must prove to Pagano that he can handle Ballard's missed pass protection. I see Luck throwing a lot this weekend against Miami.

Should I start
Marlon brown vs cle
Greg Jennings vs chi
Or
Andre Roberts vs det
Or Fred Jackson vs car for my flex pot
I'm leaning forward super sleeper marlon brown since jacoby jones is out and Haden will cover Torrey smith
I still prefer Jennings despite Ponder being terrible. He wasn't completely made by Aaron Rodgers. So Jennings over Brown, who is more valuable in deeper leagues (think 14-16 teams).

Andre Roberts or Fred Jackson? Roberts. Fitz is battling a bad hammy. Roberts and Floyd will benefit, especially if Housler can't go. PP might even gets reps at receiver. That's how thin Arizona is at the position.

Freddy had a solid W1 showing, but CJ's still the man. Marrone seemed to trust Manuel throwing the football quite a bit in the hurry up, no huddle offense. Carolina's front seven is super stout against the run, exhibited against Beast Mode.

In order: Roberts (if Fitz doesn't play), Jennings, Brown, Jackson. For Week 2.

which TE should i start?

Gates, Cameron, or Julius Thomas

which RB should i start?

Frank Gore or Daryl Richardson
Cameron, Thomas, Gates. Gates is a shadow of his former self, Rivers isn't trustworthy. Thomas' performance in the opener is a fluke until proven otherwise. Defenses saw the tape on him. Baltimore got hit with the shock factor, and Peyton spreads the wealth.

Cameron was my sleeper TE stud. Chud and Norv will get him the football consistently. Gordon's out another game. Weeden has no other weapons.

PPR League..Who should I start?

Decker
A.Brown ( I have Cinci's D)
M.Williams
Conventional wisdom says start Antonio Brown in PPR formats. But you have to factor in the lack of protection for Big Ben, lack of a run game, and no trust between Ben and Haley. Pouncey's injury kills the team.

I'm taking a risk and recommending Decker. He'll redeem himself after a weak opening performance. Defenses are definitely looking for Demaryius. Welker will get the dink and dunk receptions, but another receiver will have to step up.

Just a hunch J. Thomas (TE) goes like 2/27 after such a big opening week performance. Hard act to follow.

Mike Williams isn't a bad Flex play, but I worry about Schiano and Freeman. The offense didn't look good against the Jets. Schiano likes to pound the rock with Dougie.

Conventional PPR wisdom: Brown, Decker, Williams.

My take with risk: Decker, Brown, Williams.

Conventional wisdom goes out the window for me. I'm starting Antonio brown so my MNF would be more enjoyable

I've been high on Antonio Brown last year and even this season. He's only let me down so far as a WR2.

Lloyd dropped the ball for me as well last season.

Back
Top Bottom