Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story w/@ramonashelburne, via ESPN sources, has Lakers conceding for first time sign-and-trades must be considered if Dwight indeed bolts

IMO the only one of those deals that was a slam dunk good decision was the Dwight deal.
how is trading pau for cp3 a bad decision?
or draft picks for nash? 

both would have worked out well if not for really bad luck (veto and nash being hurt all year)

Chris Paul, Kobe and some bums would have worked out?

Signing a 40 year old point guard to a 3 year deal was good?

Depending on said 40 year old point guard to have to carry a heavy load isn't bad luck its stupidity because you signed a 40 year old to be one of your top producers.

And the biggest mistake is the freezing out of Phil Jackson and his assistants which brought the horrible coaching situation that the Lakers are in now.

IMO the only one of those deals that was a slam dunk good decision was the Dwight deal.

I know u don't like the lakers but seriously how many decisions by GMs are a slam dunk ?

It's all a high stakes dice game and most crap out.

90% of these GMs plans fail anyway because at the end of the season only 1 team holds that trophy up.

All I said was LA > Houston in terms of management and u respond by asking what we've done since Buss passed the torch. If u disagree why not start by telling me how the rockets have better management than the Lakers ?

Because they never hired Mike Brown or Mike Dantoni

True

But the lakers never cut an average player only to see him overachieve in a over saturated media market, and proceed to sign him to a ridiculous contract as he comes back down to earth.

Yup those Rockets front office guys never miss a beat :rolleyes :rofl:

Last edited:
I was iffy on the Rockets/Warriors rosters, but I think the Rockets being 3-1 against them that year says something.

I beg to differ, the warriors had a better record this year then the Rockets and also went further in the playoffs. Also the Warriors young core of Curry-Klay-Barnes is better then Lin-Harden-Parsons. That isn't even considering David Lee the teams first all-star since Sprewell.

Sure the Rockets beat the Warriors 3-1 in the regular season, but so did the Nuggets.

I know u don't like the lakers but seriously how many decisions by GMs are a slam dunk ?

90% of these GMs plans fail anyway because at the end of the season only 1 team holds that trophy up.

All I said was LA > Houston in terms of management and u respond by asking what we've done since Buss passed the torch. If u disagree why not start by telling me how the rockets have better management than the Lakers ?

True

But the lakers never cut an average player only to see him overachieve in a over saturated media market, and proceed to sign him to a ridiculous contract as he comes back down to earth.

Say what you want but the Houston Rockets front office has made better decisions since Dr. Buss died. I'm not saying their great or flawless but here lately they are better than Lakers.

If Mark Cuban died tomorrow you don't think people would question the Mavs' front office?

Would have never thought GSW would be a frontrunner for D12, I always thought they had the last piece of the pie...

True

You do realize Steve Nash and Jeremy Lin put up the same numbers last year right?

They have pretty much the same contract too.

Last edited:
how is trading pau for cp3 a bad decision?
or draft picks for nash? 

both would have worked out well if not for really bad luck (veto and nash being hurt all year)
Chris Paul, Kobe and some bums would have worked out?

Signing a 40 year old point guard to a 3 year deal was good?

Depending on said 40 year old point guard to have to carry a heavy load isn't bad luck its stupidity because you signed a 40 year old to be one of your top producers.

And the biggest mistake is the freezing out of Phil Jackson and his assistants which brought the horrible coaching situation that the Lakers are in now.
cp3 kobe and some bums would work out better than kobe pau and some bums, and you can build with cp3 cant say the same about pau

signing of nash (yeah the contract is a bit long) was more for the leadership than to carry a heavy load. its not like we have ever (in the kobe years) had a good pg, so its not like nash was signed and expected to play like its 06-08

i agree about the phil thing, but he was asking for a bit much. as bad as it is, it has been made to look a lot worse than it should be because we hired dantoni over phil. if we were to go with someone like brian shaw, even with the same season results, the backlash for not picking phil would be a lot less.

True

Say what you want but the Houston Rockets front office has made better decisions since Dr. Buss died. I'm not saying their great or flawless but here lately they are better than Lakers.

If Mark Cuban died tomorrow you don't think people would question the Mavs' front office?

Wow so the Rockets have been the better management team since Feb 2013, well with such a long history of transaction and trades to draw from I could see how you'd come to such a conclusion.

Dr. buss aint been gone 6 moths and you already saying since Dr Buss died, :x :smh: don't you think it's a little early to play that card ? At least give it a few seasons before you need to use that one.

And Cuban ain't gotta die to be questioned, isn't he the owner who beat the big 3 only to break up the championship team right after by not keeping the heart and soul of that defense?

I like Cubans style though but not keeping Tyson Chandler was an obvious mistake.

In my opinion for the Warriors it's not worth doing a sign and trade for Dwight Howard. They'd be giving up Barnes or Thompson who both had very bright moments in the playoffs last year. Both of those guys can play. Also you'd give up a first round draft pick. It's not worth it to get Howard who has been a cancer to every team he's been on. He's a certified head case. Guys got talent but too much of a head case. Just keep developing the pieces you have in place and picking up other role players.

True

Wow so the Rockets have been the better management team since Feb 2013, well with such a long history of transaction and trades to draw from I could see how you'd come to such a conclusion.

Dr. buss aint been gone 6 moths and you already saying since Dr Buss died, :x :smh: don't you think it's a little early to play that card ? At least give it a few seasons before you need to use that one.

And Cuban ain't gotta die to be questioned, isn't he the owner who beat the big 3 only to break up the championship team right after by not keeping the heart and soul of that defense?

I like Cubans style though but not keeping Tyson Chandler was an obvious mistake.

I should have said since Dr. Buss stopped making basketball decisions. I apologize.

I would have loved to keep Tyson keep and I think they could have repeated, truthfully I don't know if I'll ever forgive him for not even giving them a chance to repeat.

However look at the core of that team and how they played this year.

It was going to be Miami in 2007 all over again and they all would have had contracts that lasted for two more years.

Last edited:
i agree about the phil thing, but he was asking for a bit much. as bad as it is, it has been made to look a lot worse than it should be because we hired dantoni over phil. if we were to go with someone like brian shaw, even with the same season results, the backlash for not picking phil would be a lot less.

But he brought LA 5 championships, he should be allowed to ask for whatever he wants. I think it was the fact that Dantoni was hired before even hearing Phil's answer is why the organization is catching so much heat. Phil said so himself, he thought he had until monday morning to think it over and was surprised to get a call sunday night telling him they hired Dantoni.

Last edited:
i doubt he makes a decision by tomorrow. dude is really gonna hold up the free agency for some of these teams/players.

Oblivion eh??!????

WELCOME TO CLEVELAND EARL CLARK!!!!

:pimp: :pimp:
Wait, what?

I thought son loved LA and wanted to stay, even in his exit interviews he was talking like he would signed for 3 piece chicken and large coke, did Lakers not want him?

this. dude was acting like he loved LA. he was posting mad pics on instagram of lakers stuff and sayin that he doesnt care bout money but he wants to win and stay

Dwert and Kirby.
laugh.gif

Damn I forgot how Dantoni got hired in relation to Phil being interested.

Can't tell me that **** wasn't personal. :smh:

I hate the Lakers but I always loved Dr. Buss and how he ran the team, I hate the Cowboys but I feel the same way about Jerry Jones.

dwight is deciding where he's gonna play for the next 4 years, and we're upset he hasn't made a decision in less than a week :lol:

A lot of trades and signs in the last few weeks, gonna change the scope of the NBA this coming season, yet the team that EVERYBODY was saying that needs to make trades hasn't made one yet... Heat.

I think? They haven't done anything yet, right? :lol:

Are they really gonna keep their squad the same?

Last edited:
A lot of trades and signs in the last few weeks, gonna change the scope of the NBA this coming season, yet the team that EVERYBODY was saying that needs to make trades hasn't made one yet... Heat.

I think? They haven't done anything yet, right?
laugh.gif

Are they really gonna keep their squad the same?
It's not even the end of the first week of July. Settle down, lol.

Every team is waiting for the dominoes to fall. Once Dwight picks a place, other free agents will fall in line and trades will start up. Miami still has plenty of time to get things done. The Spurs need to adjust their roster just as badly. Marco was a decent start but simply keeping things status quo won't do them any good. Overpaying to keep Splitter and Manu was unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom