Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you didnt know, WP repeated and rivers dropped 25 and 10 in his last game while larkin only had 10. Stop.
well its hard to argue against the basic arithmetics you've brought to the table 

but winter park winning a state championship has nothing to with initial statement

of "larkin chopped him up" ....larkin is a true pg ...so i wouldnt expect him to put up 30

and nobody else should.....

without the ball 0:28 ......one on one guarded.......scored....blows by him to the basket without the ball

catches it in the post and makes a contested layup

off the dribble 0:32 ....one on one on the perimeter......crosses him up and takes him to the hole....makes

contested layup

perimeter 1:18 shoots a three in his grill , once again contested...bucket

in transition 1:34 ......fully engaged austin rivers gets taken to the hole ...gives up midway

i never said he was better ....my statement was "larkin chopped him up" 

Last edited:
Really hoping Austin breaks out and has a decent/good 2nd year.

He walked into the perfect situation. The starting 2 in N.O. never played, giving Austin all the time he needed to prove himself but didn't :smh:

Needs a burner badly, as well as a tighter handle to be an effective 2.

Coming out of College I thought his ceiling was a OJ Mayo/Eric Gordon type of player and we'll see if that's too high for him.

I agree with the jumper bit but dudes handle is legit i see him constantly get to the rim/ get open shots just has difficulty finishing

Austin has crazy potential he is gonna be 20 point scorer in this league just his finish and outside shooting must improve

After watching him this season he was improving, one thing he desperately needs to improve is his ft % dude would be servicable if he had that
improving from the worst first half of nba basketball in the history of the league

"Austin Rivers is currently shooting 33% from the field, 31% from 3, and 53% from the line. No player in the history of the NBA from the time the 3 point line was established has ever shot at or below those numbers while playing in over 40 games and over 20 minutes a game"

Last edited:
Idk I liked Rivers because of that shot he hit against UNC but I don't see him ever being an effective 2 guard in the league

might pour out a lil liquor and shed a tear its been a good run 
pimp.gif

Idk I liked Rivers because of that shot he hit against UNC but I don't see him ever being an effective 2 guard in the league

A player with his first step will live at the free throw line, he just has to knock em down

In case you didnt know, WP repeated and rivers dropped 25 and 10 in his last game while larkin only had 10. Stop.
well its hard to argue against the basic arithmetics you've brought to the table 
but winter park winning a state championship has nothing to with initial statement
of "larkin chopped him up" ....larkin is a true pg ...so i wouldnt expect him to put up 30
and nobody else should.....

0:28 ......one on one guarded.......scored....blows by him to the basket without the ball
catches it in the post and makes a contested layup

0:32 ....one on one on the perimeter......crosses him up and takes him to the hole....makes
contested layup

1:18 shoots a three in his grill , once again contested...bucket

1:34 ......fully engaged austin rivers gets taken to the hole ...gives up midway

1:39 ....beats him off the dribble....bucket

i never said he was better ....my statement was "larkin chopped him up" 

Your statement is misleading for those that dont know tho. If I think someone got "chopped up" I think that they won the head to head battle, not got destroyed in back to back ships where the guy that got "chopped up" destroyed "the chopper"

Rivers destroyed DP in back to back ships. The kid definitely deserved his ranking as the best hs player in the country.

He only avg 23 mins, i hope they trade eric gordon on draft night because hes gonna stunt austins growth if they keep him

He only avg 23 mins, i hope they trade eric gordon on draft night because hes gonna stunt austins growth if they keep him

23 minutes is a good amount for a rookie (12th most among rookies).. And even in the 23 a game he played.. He was EXTREMELY BAD.

Last edited:
What direction are the Milwaukee Bucks going in? Seriously?

The Bobcats are going to have a brighter future soon after tomorrow night.

If there was any real reason for Love to leave that problem got Flipped.

KKKKKAAAAAAHHHHNNNNN is gone!

He knows Rubio will be good PG in this league. Pek is a beast down low. You have Shved and Chase who are young and can play. AK's game fits perfect with this team and it doesn't look like he will slow down.

I mean he could leave but we're talking two seasons from now who knows what the Lakers will have and all the top guys will be a FA in summer of 2014 or 16 ,Durant and Kyrie up for deals is that what Laker fans are thinking?

Kahn is gone and I think Flip can be some bridge between Love and Taylor

I think if Minnesota can get another piece, they could be a good playoff team

minny future falls on whatever happens to love......the team is stack just need to stay heathy(seems like thats always the case for a team)

Yeah we got hit with that bug last year. I'm sure Jordan and Bobcats fans are hoping they get hit with that injury bug because they need Wiggins next season.

Parker could be a good player for Orlando.

Is it safe to say most of the top to mid picks tonight are going to be good role players for certain teams? The NBA TV mock draft have CJ McCollun to Portland, wouldn't you put him on the bench hoping to be that 6th man for you b/c good lawd that bench horrible.

Miluwakee, Atlanta, Dallas, and Philly are teams I have question about for draft and FA class.

Maybe even Boston now what could they get to "help" Pierce and KG. Lionel Hollins possible as a coach?

i think thats a very good deal for the Wolves IMO

nice young talent, i expect Love to leave in the next 2 seasons anyways.

yea they should have done this but instead they will wait just like other teams have in the past and then love will force the wolves to send him where he wants to go...

never fails

New Orleans blew that pick pretty badly. Rivers has severe limitations and playing him at PG is an even worse idea. The last name really did wonders for him.

Until Rivers fixes that elbow on his jumpshot and gets some upper body strength, he will continue to struggle

Not NBA...but not really thread-worthy either. Didn't know where to put it, so I'll post it here:

:x

Everyone's Favorite Analyst Chris Broooosard has reported that according to his "sources" it is highly unlikely that Dwight returns to LaL

:lol: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom