Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who follows the Nets closely they're looking for pieces that'll put them over the top. The FO prolly sees it as they split and took the season series vs most of the EC, so they want vets who can provide.

Last edited:
Funniest quote from Broussard
Broussard: He's serious about leaving but I'm told he'd actually love to stay with the Lakers but he just wants to be happy

:lol:

as sketchy as Broussard is, that is exactly something Dwight would say

I don't disagree. But I don't think it was even remotely as confusing as Broussard is trying to make it seem.

To me it's: Fire D'Antoni, and I'll be back.

i thought of that but Dwight would be an idiot and force that hand and still leave.

honestly, Lakers just need to get Phil back anyway they can and go all out next season. i dont see who the hell can manage that team especially Dwight

Williams

Johnson

Pierce

Garnett

Lopez

I guess that's an upgrade from last year's 5 but their bench would still be awful.

Why on EARTH would Boston take back Gerald Wallace?
Slowest starting 5 EVER.
laugh.gif
A decent team with speed would give them fits.

At least they would finally have some heart though.

Last edited:
Recap of last couple of days:

- Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets.

- There are rumors that LaMarcus Aldridge wants to leave the Trail Blazers rebuilding project and has made it known that he'd like to land in Chicago. Portland wants Joakim Noah, but the Bulls don't want to trade him.

- The Milwaukee Bucks have strong interest in J.R. Smith and have enough cap space to outbid the Knicks. The Detroit Pistons and the Phoenix Suns are interested in him as well.

- The Spurs are finalizing an agreement with Pacers assistant Jim Boylen to join Gregg Popovich's coaching staff.

- Carl Landry has declined his player option of the final year of his contract with the Golden State Warriors and is now an unrestricted free agent.

- The Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers, Utah Jazz, Milwaukee Bucks, Washington Wizards, New Orleans Pelicans, Oklahoma City Thunder and the Toronto Raptors are all interested in Chris Copeland who received a qualifying offer from the New York Knicks yesterday.

- The Los Angeles Lakers extended a qualifying offer to center Robert Sacre for $988,872, making him a restricted free agent.

- Brian Shaw signed a three-year deal with an option for a fourth year with an annual salary in the $2M range with the Denver Nuggets.

- Former All-Star Stephon Marbury said he no longer has the desired to return to the NBA. He describes his ongoing stint playing pro ball in China as more gratifying.

- Trevor Ariza informed the Washington Wizards that he plans on opting into his contract worth $7.7M next season.

- The New York Knicks extended a qualifying offer to Pablo Prigioni, making him a restricted free agent.

- The Los Angeles Lakers want Dwight Howard to re-sign and don't care who knows it. They unveiled a massive banner on the side of Staples Center on Wednesday with a photo of Howard and one message: "Stay." The sign is one of "six or seven" billboards the Lakers plan on putting up in "various key locations" to try to the free agent.

- Orlando Magic's GM strongly refuted reports that his team is on the verge of a trade with the L.A. Clippers that would involve Arron Afflalo and Eric Bledsoe as the deal's centerpieces

A Few things:

-Austin Rivers can't shoot, and that's a huge problem. A 6'4 two guard in the league has to be able to consistently knock down a jumper to be effective. He also has terrible balance, which is why he spends so much time falling on the ground. He has no left hand to speak of, which is another huge problem. He can't shoot off the dribble either, which is why you see him taking so many floaters. His shooting mechanics don't allow him to get a good shot up off the dribble against NBA competition. And he's also a terrible finisher. He's decent at beating his defender, but most of the time it ends up in a floater or some garbage at the rim.

All in all, I think I want Austin to be successful more than I actually believe he will be and wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league in 3 years.

- Brooklyn would have the biggest 1-3 if they get this trade done with Boston. Williams, Johnson, and Pierce is huge. They would definitely be better, and to me puts them as a potential contender in the east. And they have two of the finest closers in the game.

- Boston won't make the playoffs if this trade goes down. Building around Rondo will be a struggle, and I still think Rondo has a lot to prove as far as being a franchise guy that you can build around. As far as i'm concerned, he needs great players to be great.

- Dwight Howard is definitely returning to LA. If they can somehow be healthy this season, they are more than a challenger out west. When they had their starting five, they were flat out dominant at times. (Limited sample size) Nash is still good, I'm assuming Kobe will be back by the start of the season, they still have pau and dwight, they can be very good.

That move makes Brooklyn into what the Knicks were this past season, they'll win 50 games and lose in the playoffs, probably to the Pacers or Bulls

I like the Knicks new alternate.
pimp.gif

Waiting for the Suns to unveil their new unis. Based on their new logo looks like black is going to be a primary color.

Aren't the Rockets supposed to be getting new uniforms next season as well?

Also I wonder which teams are going to adopt the sleeve jersey experiment next season.

Also what on the court reason does Dwight have to stay in LA? Depleted roster with an injured Kobe, another big man who he doesn't play well with and a coach who hates big men who can't shoot.

Also what on the court reason does Dwight have to stay in LA? Depleted roster with an injured Kobe, another big man who he doesn't play well with and a coach who hates big men who can't shoot.

6 kids. 5 babymoms. That alone will make him stay. That extra 30 million plus will come in handy when he retires.

Chris Bosh was pretty awesome on Conan last night, hard to hate on the guy personally.

Does talk about "champagne" getting into his eyes, while sitting on Conan's couch with his legs crossed.

Yes BK would be slow but they would be nasty in the halfcourt.

You got 3 guys who can create their own shots.
A defensive big in KG
Offensive big in Brook.

I would say it's a legit ECF team but their bench may even be worse than last year. :x

Looks like Boston/Nets bout to be done deal.

PP not in a Boston uni... wow

Williams
Johnson
PP
KG
??
6th - Terry

Last edited:
C's need to go all the way and dangle Rondo out in front of a projected lotto team for next year and see if anyone bites (plus whatever else?). Take 2 stabs at Wiggins. He's not going to want to hang around through the rebuilding process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom