Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tyreke's Rookie season is underrated. I know he hunted for that 20 5 & 5, but he was pretty efficient and special. Blake was fun to watch and backed it up with production too.

You know Melo was actually was slightly better in all major statistical categories other than assist and steals when compared to Bron. Even more efficient lol. I think you should look up his rookie season, I believe him to be the better rookie. The media though, robbed him of co-ROY

Carmelo also made the playoffs. I've always stood by the notion that Carmelo should have been ROY that season.
Melo also had more help on his team than LeBron did. Of course he played in a tougher conference, so I guess that cancels things out?

more help? lol

when does that go into voting for the ROY?

just like i said the day it was announced. it was BS, Melo should have won the award, 110%.
Because dmbrhs brought a team achievement into the equation when he mentioned the Nuggets went to the playoffs. So yeah, I'm adding in that Melo had more help that season.

Melo also had more help on his team than LeBron did. Of course he played in a tougher conference, so I guess that cancels things out?
bron had an all star center, a future all star pf, and ricky davis who was buckets at the time.  melo had a one time 3 point shooting champ, basic game, and camby. the help excuse isnt valid here unless your referring to the help lebron got from the media

bron had an all star center, a future all star pf, and ricky davis who was buckets at the time.  melo had a one time 3 point shooting champ, basic game, and camby. the help excuse isnt valid here unless your referring to the help lebron got from the media
Yes, the frontcourt was very good between Z and Boozer. Z only got in because of the positional need of the team and Boozer was still several years away from being an All-Star. But the rest of the team was trash by the time the season ended. Darius Miles and Ricky Davis were jettisoned in the middle of the season to prevent them from poisoning LeBron. In return, the Cavs got Eric Williams, Tony Battie and Jeff McInnis. :lol:

Maybe it's just me, but Miller, Leonard, Camby, Nene, Boykins, Birdman and Barry offered more help than what LeBron had.

Rookie of the Year is not a lifetime achievement award. You implied that it is.

No I clearly said they gave it to Bron strictly for politics because they felt he was the new face of the NBA and that Melo was the better rookie. Reading comprehension my man

No I clearly said they gave it to Bron strictly for politics because they felt he was the new face of the NBA and that Melo was the better rookie. Reading comprehension my man
  u said in the long run they got the rookie of the yr right.  what i think u meant was they chose the rookie from that class who turned out to be best in the long run.
Yes, the frontcourt was very good between Z and Boozer. Z only got in because of the positional need of the team and Boozer was still several years away from being an All-Star. But the rest of the team was trash by the time the season ended. Darius Miles and Ricky Davis were jettisoned in the middle of the season to prevent them from poisoning LeBron. In return, the Cavs got Eric Williams, Tony Battie and Jeff McInnis.
laugh.gif

Maybe it's just me, but Miller, Leonard, Camby, Nene, Boykins, Birdman and Barry offered more help than what LeBron had.
not a big enough difference in talent to use that as a valid argument for lebron.  especially for a rookie of the yr award

If you're saying making the playoffs matters then yes, the quality of their teammates also matters.

BDVxYOACQAAYsZl.jpg

This is funnier than if there was a RotY patch on there. The right decision was made.

If you're saying making the playoffs matters then yes, the quality of their teammates also matters.
there isnt a big difference in the talent of those teams tho.  there is however a big difference in the talent of the two conferences and how hard it is to make the playoffs in each of them.  guess who didn't make the playoffs their sophomore year either? 

If you're suggesting Melo was as good as LeBron in their sophomore year too... then wow.

Rookie year it could go either way. I really don't give a ****.

Last edited:

If you're suggesting Melo was as good as LeBron in their sophomore year too... then wow.

Rookie year it could go either way. I really don't give a ****.
na bron took a big step ahead of melo that year but there is no sophomore of the year award.  rookie yr it was close like u said could have gone either way therefore i feel the guy who got in the playoffs with better numbers should have won.  would u have given it to tyreke evans over melo that year?

na bron took a big step ahead of melo that year but there is no sophomore of the year award.  rookie yr it was close like u said could have gone either way therefore i feel the guy who got in the playoffs with better numbers should have won.  would u have given it to tyreke evans over melo that year?

Roy isnt like mvp, team accomplishments mean nada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom