Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Stafford threw 3 picks and still had 350 yards passing. That should be enough to tell you why the game ended up the way it did.

Stafford threw 3 picks and still had 350 yards passing. That should be enough to tell you why the game ended up the way it did.

I was looking for something deeper than that. Numbers only tell so much. I'll be more specific. How were the Rams WRs looking? O-line? Defense?

Jenkins and Finnegan looked good for them. Just read an article on PFT that their o-line came out banged out from the gm...fairs well for the Dline if true.

Lost in all the RGIII hoopla was how good the defense played yesterday. The 32 points that were given up don't even tell the whole story. Brees was off his game due to the constant pressure of the front 7 and the physicality of the DBs. Dejon Gomes was ballin yesterday. Only guy on the entire defense I wasn't too happy with was Madieu Williams. Brandon Meriweather can't come back soon enough.

Lost in all the RGIII hoopla was how good the defense played yesterday. The 32 points that were given up don't even tell the whole story. Brees was off his game due to the constant pressure of the front 7 and the physicality of the DBs. Dejon Gomes was ballin yesterday. Only guy on the entire defense I wasn't too happy with was Madieu Williams. Brandon Meriweather can't come back soon enough.

Yeah man Williams was out there playing Madden Ball or something. Pass Interference and too many helmet to helmet hits. Dude needs to smarten up.

Yeah man Williams was out there playing Madden Ball or something. Pass Interference and too many helmet to helmet hits. Dude needs to smarten up.

His hit on Jimmy Graham though....Merriweather would have done the same exact thing :lol:
Williams was probably mad that Jimmy Graham was destroying us early. He made 2 insane catches with Fletcher all over him. His TD catch was into triple coverage.

Last edited:
His hit on Jimmy Graham though....Merriweather would have done the same exact thing :lol:
Williams was probably mad that Jimmy Graham was destroying us early. He made 2 insane catches with Fletcher all over him. His TD catch was into triple coverage.

He will most likely be suspended for that hit and he will definitely be donating some funds for it. With all that concussion talk this off-season, I saw so many helmet to helmet hits and dudes launching themselves. Folks need to start adapting to the rules.

You can be mad and deliver a big hit without it being a cheap shot.

He will most likely be suspended for that hit and he will definitely be donating some funds for it. With all that concussion talk this off-season, I saw so many helmet to helmet hits and dudes launching themselves. Folks need to start adapting to the rules.

Random....but do you ever think we'll see the day when offensive players will be fined for leading w/ the crown of their helmets when trying to truck?

I could definitely see that with the way the league is focused on player safety right now. They will probably try to control as much as the hitting/contact as it can to attempt to reduce injuries and improve the long term health of players. The NFL doesn't like getting sued.

Random....but do you ever think we'll see the day when offensive players will be fined for leading w/ the crown of their helmets when trying to truck?

This is such a good question. Is the rule launching yourself or is it a defenseless receiver? Technically the defender shouldn't be defenseless right?

But did you see what Trent Richardson did to that Eagles DB. Crown of helmet into his face sent helmet flying off. I just never agreed with the rule at all. As you can tell by my AVI. I think football is a brutal sport in general and there are inherent risks to be taking when you play. You get paid a lot of money to go out there and put your body on the line. But receivers allowed to come across the middle on high passes and catch it with no recourse makes dislike the sport a little. I use to live for those plays when you see that high pass coming and you knew Taylor or Landry was back there you knew what was coming....

And i understand you can make a big hit legally but in a bang bang play you can catch the receiver in the head and i don't think you should be fined and suspended for it all the time. Williams hit was pretty late on Graham so i think that was a little unnecessary but its a fine line and it seems to lean toward if you hit some one hard...your getting 15 yards.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...-griffin-iii-first-rookie-qb-win-week-1-award

Hopefully the first of many first RG III is able to accomplish. :smokin

I'm so ******g heated right now....

3 turds (in order)

1. Josh Morgan

2. Jim Haslett

3. Danny Smith

Last edited:
The **** was Josh Morgan thinking? Straight up retarted. I mean, I don't even know what to say. :smh

The refs were ATROCIOUS! They should be ashamed!

Sucks to lose that. Big game to drop if we are looking at a playoff run. I thought they were off to the races after the being up 21-6.

I take solace in the fact that we have a legit QB though.

PS : Wonder what excuse Danny Smith will throw out there this week :lol:

Seriously the whole game was horribly officiated. We benefited from a lot of the early bad calls (minus the Fletcher late hit....that wasn't a late hit). Still confused on the Jenoris Jenkins hit on fred Davis. I don't really think it was helmet to helmet but he was def defenseless right? Might be team bias...it could have been clean lol.

Our defense looked terrible most of the game. Newsflash....Bump Amendola at the line!!! he was getting free release after free release. We did it vs the Saints.

Special teams....what can i say....2 weeks...2 blocked punts.

This felt like a typical ******* game to me except the only difference was you could tell RG3 wanted to win. He did everything he could to try to get us there. Then Josh Morgan happened. But his 15 yrd scrambles putting his body on the line. But never fails that something stupid keeps us from a win.

And not to blame the officiating or say we shouldn't have had a 15 yrd penalty for Morgan....but there were a lot of games around the league that got real chippy. Ravens vs Eagles they were punching each other the whole first quarter and a lot of no calls and a lot of offsetting double personal foul calls. Please just pay the real refs. Oh and i hate Cortland Finnegan :lol:

Small Observation: Seems like RG3 was forced to use his legs more in W3. Good to see Hank grab a TD in Garcon's absence. Davis has been ghost on targets. W3, got Cincy at FedEx.

Rak and Carriker out for the year.

I like the way Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson had been playing in place of Rak in the preseason and well, am hoping both can do a good job manning the fort while Rak is out.

Carriker is pretty good at his job and am hoping Jarvous Jenkins/Golston do a good job stepping up.

Last edited:
Small Observation: Seems like RG3 was forced to use his legs more in W3. Good to see Hank grab a TD in Garcon's absence. Davis has been ghost on targets. W3, got Cincy at FedEx.

So fun watching RG3. Easy to see why the team gave up so many picks to move up to draft him. Kid is REAL special and it's good to know that there will be some stability at QB for a while here in DC. He needs weapons tho. Team needs to concentrate in drafting some absolute playmakers going forward.

One thing I dont like is all these runs that are drawn up for RG3. He's going to get killed taking all these shots week after week. If it makes any sense, he's a LIGHT 217 pounds. He took a pounding yesterday, and I worry he won't be around past week 6 if K.S. doesn't do more to protect the investment.

*As far as Rak/Carriker - losing both SUCKS. But why do I feel like Rob Jackson is going to make the most of this opportunity? He's shown flashes in preseason, so let's see what he can do.

I love Orakpo but Rob Jackson is more than a sufficient backup.

Honestly, Jenkins need to become more of a factor now.

Oh and Brandon Banks. One of these games, his fumbling issue will cost this team a game :smh:

So, it was leaked out that Mike Shanahan stripped Jim Haslett of defensive playcalling duties in the 4th quarter vs. the Rams. Raheem Morris was given the keys to the car. VERY interesting. Also, I never thought about it this way but, it's weird how Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, and Dan Snyder all wined/dined Morris over the summer. A bit much for a DB coach, right? Noticeably missing from that group that went out to dinner - Jim Haslett :nerd:

^Folks in the know on ES have been saying for quite awhile that Raheem was told he would take over as DC next year and they wouldn't re-up Haslett. Its part of the reason why he was willing to take a job as a position coach here.

^Folks in the know on ES have been saying for quite awhile that Raheem was told he would take over as DC next year and they wouldn't re-up Haslett. Its part of the reason why he was willing to take a job as a position coach here.

According to Chris Russell, he spoke to players and said they have denied this report.

For what it's worth, the defense did play better in the 4th quarter :nerd:.

Whatever, it doesnt really make sense for this kind of move to happen so early in the season. So I don't actually buy into it.

Back
Top Bottom