Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

I wouldn't necessarily take too much out of this game, although I think it's something to build off of. I really think the Eagles are that bad :x:x:smh:

We still have the most penalties in the whole league and a lack of discipline. Some questionable playcalling (3rd & 1, 4th & 1).

Dallas doesn't have the best o-line in the world either, so we need to get some sacks and few turnovers, because we know what happens when the defense can't get to the QB.

Meriweather and Garcon are big pieces to our team (although it didnt show on the stat sheet, Garcon finally gives RGIII some opportunity to spread the ball around and keep defenses honest).

I wouldn't necessarily take too much out of this game, although I think it's something to build off of. I really think the Eagles are that bad :x:x:smh:
We still have the most penalties in the whole league and a lack of discipline. Some questionable playcalling (3rd & 1, 4th & 1).
Dallas doesn't have the best o-line in the world either, so we need to get some sacks and few turnovers, because we know what happens when the defense can't get to the QB.
Meriweather and Garcon are big pieces to our team (although it didnt show on the stat sheet, Garcon finally gives RGIII some opportunity to spread the ball around and keep defenses honest).

Skins aren't a good team, but they have a history of playing down to their opponents levels. Going into the game I would have said it was a toss-up because of that factor.

Going into the game vs. Dallas, you're 100% right. The defense needs to step up and get to Romo. That's going to be the key to winning on Thursday.

College style offense..
Told ya.

LOL.

Ah...heartstopper but in this case, sweet as hell. A win over those clowns on Thanksgiving.

If Only the team and defense could play an entire game like they did that beatufiul 1st half.

RGIII!!! Can't wait for MNF vs NY for the divsion lead tie. :smokin

LOL.
Ah...heartstopper but in this case, sweet as hell. A win over those clowns on Thanksgiving.
If Only the team and defense could play an entire game like they did that beatufiul 1st half.

No joke, but how good has D-Hall been these past two weeks? :wow:

DezBryant_original.gif

LOL.

DezBryant_original.gif

LOL. Are you serious champ?? Anybody is going to look good when you play somebody bad. The Skins have played 2 really bad teams the last two weeks.....hence why the Skins have looked good the last two weeks. Nothing more to it.

LOL. Are you serious champ?? Anybody is going to look good when you play somebody bad. The Skins have played 2 really bad teams the last two weeks.....hence why the Skins have looked good the last two weeks. Nothing more to it.

Sure.

DezBryant_original.gif

Yep. Maybe Mike Jones should piss him off every week :lol:

LaVar brought up this theory during the week that maybe the others were going to be inspired after watching how physical Meriweather was and I believe that to be the case for DHall. Damn shame Meriweather is out.

Nothing better than seeing the Skins stomp all over the Cowgirls in the first half. Romo's facial expressions of utter failure are always amusing.

Look forward to another beatdown in December.

Not sure if you're serious or you can be taking seriously at this point in the trolling :lol:

You are quick to down play the level of competition we have faced the past two weeks, but you don’t want to comment or pay attention to detail.

The offense has been clicking since we can back from the bye, and everybody’s actually executing their assignments. Sometimes playing bad teams can give you all the confidence you need going forward. Trust me I have watched teams beat us to get their season started or turned around for years!!

I am going to leave you with this, the throws that RG3 are making with pin point accuracy and zip has nothing to do with the level of competition we are facing that’s all him "champ". I guess the type of year that Alfred Morris and the O-line are having as a unit is due to the level of competition we are facing as well too right?

Once we get the wounded back and put together a back end for our defense we will be contenders. Only one or two years away from being consistent contender in this league. We got the blueprint and foundation (RG3) we just have to finish building the house.

Not sure if you're serious or you can be taking seriously at this point in the trolling
laugh.gif

You are quick to down play the level of competition we have faced the past two weeks, but you don’t want to comment or pay attention to detail.

The offense has been clicking since we can back from the bye, and everybody’s actually executing their assignments. Sometimes playing bad teams can give you all the confidence you need going forward. Trust me I have watched teams beat us to get their season started or turned around for years!!

I am going to leave you with this, the throws that RG3 are making with pin point accuracy and zip has nothing to do with the level of competition we are facing that’s all him "champ". I guess the type of year that Alfred Morris and the O-line are having as a unit is due to the level of competition we are facing as well too right?

Once we get the wounded back and put together a back end for our defense we will be contenders. Only one or two years away from being consistent contender in this league. We got the blueprint and foundation (RG3) we just have to finish building the house.
First off, the Skins have won the past 2 weeks so I will give them credit for that.  It's not like the ******** just have to show up and they automatically give the victory, they still have to play and win the game so the Skins have done that convincingly.  However, you and any other Skins fans should still take into account who you are playing before you dudes beat your chest like anything has been proven these past 2 games.

The Eagles for example will be replacing their head coach next year or maybe before this season is over and not due to early retirement on Andy Reid's end.  The Eagles have been flat out awful this year............just awful.  I'm not sure how much stock you can take into account by beating a team such as bad as them.  As far as the Cowboys go, they have been average, maybe even below average this year, but I know all division games can be tough and any Skins vs. Cowboys game is always a hard fought game no matter what the records indicate just because of the rivalry.  The Cowboys just like the Eagles may have a new coach before the season is over or if not by the beginning of next season.  That for example should tell you just how bad both the teams are. 

As far as RGIII goes, the boy can play and has been getting the job done.  Be it with his arm, or with his feet.  He is s dual threat and is to be taken seriously.  RGIII has put this team on his back and carried them this far even with a Skins defense that obviously has its issues.  Personally I'm more interested to see how the Skins play the next 2 weeks against the Giants and Ravens.  Let's see how the Skins play against 2 good teams and then measure them from there.  For now, once again I'll give the Skins credit where credit is due which is why they are currently in the playoff hunt, so good for them and you Skins fans.

Doesn't matter how bad you think the Cowboys/Eagles are...fact of the matter is if the Skins lost those games, you'd be in here w/ the quickness instigating. They don't need "credit" from you of all people for how they've played.

Doesn't matter how bad you think the Cowboys/Eagles are
Yes it does matter how bad your opponent is.  Why would you think you can fairly measure yourself as a team if your playing against bad squads, that accomplishes nothing in the long run.  That's like the Knicks right now being happy or hyped about beating the Washington Wizards. 
fact of the matter is if the Skins lost those games, you'd be in here w/ the quickness instigating
"Fact of the matter" huh.  That's a strong assumption on your end champ.  The fact of the matter is the Skins have lost games this year and I haven't said anything disparaging about the Skins in the process.  Once again, it's good that the Skins won the past 2 games but for beating two sorry lackluster teams like the Eagles and Cowboys, there's simply no need to get hyped off of those games.  Especially you talking about how well D.Hall has been playing lately.  This is the same dude that cussed an referee a few games ago.  Let's see how Hall and the rest of the Skins do against the Giants or Ravens, two good teams. 

Yes it does matter how bad your opponent is.  Why would you think you can fairly measure yourself as a team if your playing against bad squads, that accomplishes nothing in the long run.  That's like the Knicks right now being happy or hyped about beating the Washington Wizards. 

"Fact of the matter" huh.  That's a strong assumption on your end champ.  The fact of the matter is the Skins have lost games this year and I haven't said anything disparaging about the Skins in the process.  Once again, it's good that the Skins won the past 2 games but for beating two sorry lackluster teams like the Eagles and Cowboys, there's simply no need to get hyped off of those games.  Especially you talking about how well D.Hall has been playing lately.  This is the same dude that cussed an referee a few games ago.  Let's see how Hall and the rest of the Skins do against the Giants or Ravens, two good teams. 

No need to get hyped off these games? You serious? Skins are right in the thick of the NFC East, but we got no reason to be excited here? We're 2-1 in the division...**** we were VERY close to being 3-0 if it wasn't for Eli/Cruz. But yea...let's temper our enthusiasm.

Also, how dare I compliment Deangelo hall for playing well when he cussed out a ref 5 weeks ago! What was I thinking?

The young man, who will not turn 23 until after the Super Bowl, just threw eight touchdown passes in a span of five days. More importantly, he won two games in those same five days, against division rivals. Robert Griffin III, the quarterback savior for whom the Washington ******** giddily traded three first-round draft picks and a second-round pick back in the spring, is sowing the seeds of the biggest of football dreams.

Could RG3 Be MVP?

Lol @ "lets see how y'all do against the Giants." Uh we already played them on the road and outplayed them most of the game. If not for a lot of uncharacteristic turnovers we would have won.

Clearly the Giants are still a better team, but I think we've shown that if we play well we could beat them next week @home. I still think we go 8-8 with a loss to the Ravens, but that's pretty good considering the injuries we've had this year and the piss poor defense.

Lol @ "lets see how y'all do against the Giants." Uh we already played them on the road and outplayed them most of the game. If not for a lot of uncharacteristic turnovers we would have won.
Clearly the Giants are still a better team, but I think we've shown that if we play well we could beat them next week @home. I still think we go 8-8 with a loss to the Ravens, but that's pretty good considering the injuries we've had this year and the piss poor defense.

With an AVERAGE defense, this team would be over .500 right now. I truly believe that.

Defense has to be the focus this offseason. Hopefully Adam Schefter is right in that the Skins will get some form of cap relief and not have to pay the full penalty.

With an AVERAGE defense, this team would be over .500 right now. I truly believe that.
Defense has to be the focus this offseason. Hopefully Adam Schefter is right in that the Skins will get some form of cap relief and not have to pay the full penalty.

It's not even a stretch to say that though. The Giants game would have been a win, as would the Rams and Bengals. We were up 21-6 against the Rams and lost. That's 3 games right there, which would put us at 8-3. Even though the offense isn't perfect and has some holes, it's been more than good enough for a contending team provided the defense was average.

I'd also venture to say if Garcon was fully healthy all year we would have 1-2 more wins.

It doesn't matter who we COULD'VE beaten because we didn't win those games for a reason, all we need is for the defense to come out and play Monday night like they did in the first half against the Cowboys and keep that same sense of urgency throughout the whole game. Eli Manning is not Tony Romo, if we come out stomping the Giants and then take our foot off the pedal we will lose. But if we come out like we did in the first half against the Cowboys and maintain that sense of urgency the game is ours. I also want to see Aldrick Robinson getting some action on returns, I'm tired of seeing Brandon Banks do absolutely nothing positive. We also need to target Josh Morgan more in the red zone. Hopefully Keenan Robinson's injury isn't season ending and London can use these extra days to rest up. Trent Williams also needs to get his head out of his *** and play like a first rounder. Hail.

It doesn't matter who we COULD'VE beaten because we didn't win those games for a reason, all we need is for the defense to come out and play Monday night like they did in the first half against the Cowboys and keep that same sense of urgency throughout the whole game. Eli Manning is not Tony Romo, if we come out stomping the Giants and then take our foot off the pedal we will lose. But if we come out like we did in the first half against the Cowboys and maintain that sense of urgency the game is ours. I also want to see Aldrick Robinson getting some action on returns, I'm tired of seeing Brandon Banks do absolutely nothing positive. We also need to target Josh Morgan more in the red zone. Hopefully Keenan Robinson's injury isn't season ending and London can use these extra days to rest up. Trent Williams also needs to get his head out of his *** and play like a first rounder. Hail.

Wait...what???

Dude has been nothing short of dominant this year.

I think we have a good chance to beat the giants. If somehow the defense can just come to play. They did ok until the end in the first game.

And believe me win or lose the skins gonna put close to 200 yards on the ground against the Ravens.

And Trent has been balling I think he is having an excellent year.

Wait...what???
Dude has been nothing short of dominant this year.
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the last few games RGIII has gotten blasted a couple of times because of Williams missing assignments, I might be wrong though.

Just watched the film, it's been Kory Lichtensteiger that's been missing assignments. However Williams did have a mediocre game against Dallas.

Great win on Thursday. Got a little too conservative a little too early there and let them back in it, but the RG3 and the offense did well to kill the game. Always nice to beat the 'girls.

Trent's been great. Pass blocking has been good, but the mobility to get out and make blocks in the run game is what sets him apart. Definitely some other areas in the O line that can and will be upgraded.

Will be rooting hard for the Pack today.

Hail.

Last edited:
Check these stats out:

LL ‏@HTTR24_7

Of the Cowboys 458 yards of offense, 166 of it came courtesy of Josh Wilson. Romo targeting JW.7/10 166 (16.7 avr), and 2 Tds..152.2 QBR
Expand

LL ‏@HTTR24_7

Hall did guard other WRs but either wasn't targeted or was a run play.
Expand
2h LL LL ‏@HTTR24_7

Hall vs Dallas covered: Cole Beasley 2/5 21 yards, 1 int.. Andre Holmes 1/1 4 yards, Lawrence Vickers 2/2 11 yards
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

3h LL LL ‏@HTTR24_7

HALL vs Philly covered: Stanley Havili 1 target/ 0 receptions, Riley Cooper 2/2 12 yards, D.Jackson 1/0, B.Celek 0/0 1 Int.
Expand
3h LL LL ‏@HTTR24_7

Im curious to see how D.Hall plays this week vs The #Giants. The past 2 weeks has been targeted 1 time while covering a starting calibar WR.
Expand

Wilson has been FOOD all year.

Back
Top Bottom