OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

I think Im not mad because I knew the serie was over after game 6. I don't care how good a team is, it's hard to come back after blowing a huge lead like that at home.

I agree that Golden State would have washed us but blowing 3-1 lead is worse than getting swept lol. I feel bad for my bot Wavey. We wasted no time in breaking your heart :lol: :smh:

At least I can root for Bron to get another ring. Sorry lawdog.

No time at all lol.

I do remember being pissed at game 5 last year as a neutral observer b/c I thought the refs did a cluster**** job, but this one really got to me fellas.

This was a great opportunity. Just have to move along. The "core four" (Cp3, Blake, JJ & DJ if he resigns) are as good as any core in the league. It's the "others" who are pretty bad. To put it in 2K roster terms..the team looks like this on paper.

Cp3: 93 overall
JJ: 81 overall
Barnes: 70 overall
Blake: 90 overall.
DJ: 83 overall

Bench:
Jamal: 72 overall
Austin: 67 overall
Big Baby: 63 overall
Hawes: 62 overall

The perception that the Clips are "stacked" is false...they have some work to do. Particularly on the wing and bench.

Blake has improved, and hopefully he continues but against the elite, in the trenches, you really see how unrefined his 1 on 1 offense still is. Wayyy too much caca when it matters.

Clips really have far too many players who our success depends upon. Like, matt barnes JJ redick Jamal Crawford swift regression over the past 3 games cost us the series. The issue with that is that over the postseason, how good we were started to get tied to how good they were, and its a recipe for diaster when you have to depend on those guys against the elite.

As erupt pointed to, CP was there. Blake had a horrible g7 but still is obviously one of the top 10 players in the league and had an incredible postseason. Beyond that it gets bleak. Not saying JJ and Matt cant be vital members to the team next year, but they just arent good enough to carry thag much weight.

And crawford has to go.

Just giving my 2 cents..I'm really disappointed in Blake down the stretch man. He went from being the MVP of the playoffs to just folding under the pressure. It was incredible to watch smh.

I know he'll get better from this though.

Just giving my 2 cents..I'm really disappointed in Blake down the stretch man. He went from being the MVP of the playoffs to just folding under the pressure. It was incredible to watch smh.

I know he'll get better from this though.

Yep. He's got the skills now. Just needs to hone the killer instinct. Kind of like what LeBron went through. He's going to be better for it. Question is will CP3 be decking when that happens.

Blake is really incredible until 1) he gets fatigued and 2) he gets scared

Both of which produce some terrible decisions from him, like cringeworthy post moves, live ball turnovers, ignoring the open shot and trying to go with what he's most comfortable with : crazy layup attempts at the basket, etc.

Some things I noticed: Blake no showed down the stretch. CP3 was great, but you know how NT is.

It really came down to: when rivers Redick Barnes and Crawford played well, yall won. When Ariza brewer smith and jones played well, we won.

Blake is really incredible until 1) he gets fatigued and 2) he gets scared

Both of which produce some terrible decisions from him, like cringeworthy post moves, live ball turnovers, ignoring the open shot and trying to go with what he's most comfortable with : crazy layup attempts at the basket, etc.

He was looking kind of shook the whole games. 2 turnovers on inbounds plays? Are you ******* kidding me?

Some things I noticed: Blake no showed down the stretch. CP3 was great, but you know how NT is.

It really came down to: when rivers Redick Barnes and Crawford played well, yall won. When Ariza brewer smith and jones played well, we won.

No question. This series was won (and lost) by the role players for each team. I didn't think ours could no show for 3 games straight, but they proved me wrong.

The number of pages in this thread is an indication of how small the clipper fan base is. Ballmer needs to move them to Seattle and bring the sonics back

Never been out the second round, no banners no retired jerseys, no tradition that they would leave behind

Thanks for your contribution to the thread. Stop by any time.

Let's just not talk about that game anymore...LOL.

Been a great season and it sucks for it to end the way it did. But if being a Clippers fan has taught me anything is to keep your head up and hope for the best. Just remember how far we've grown and how much more we have to grow. Just because we're competing now doesn't mean we have to have our heads up are arses. Remember when breaking 30 wins in the season was considered amazing?

man i'm a laker fan but i felt bad for you guys.

without sugarcoating it, they choked, but beating san antonio was huge for them, despite this loss putting a damper on things.

to the clippers credit though, it does seem like their trying to do things the right way as an organization and they'll be in the mix of things next year.

Let's just not talk about that game anymore...LOL.

Been a great season and it sucks for it to end the way it did. But if being a Clippers fan has taught me anything is to keep your head up and hope for the best. Just remember how far we've grown and how much more we have to grow. Just because we're competing now doesn't mean we have to have our heads up are arses. Remember when breaking 30 wins in the season was considered amazing?

Great perspective, man. Repped.

"I want to fix it," Rivers told USA TODAY Sports. "I want to win. That's why I came here. I knew when I came here that roster-wise it was going to be very difficult. The first thing I did before I took this job, I looked at the roster and we laughed. I was like, 'What the (expletive) can we do with this?' It was more the contracts. But we have to try to do it somehow. I don't know how yet, but something will work out."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-chris-paul-blake-griffin-playoffs/27495223/

This ***** is delusional.

Last edited:
In all honesty if DeAndre re-signs (it's a likely chance), the roster will basically stay as is.

No pick this draft.

CP3, DeAndre & Blake = $60.3mil, make it an even $60mil.
Hawes (who you can't trade, no one will take him) is $5.5mil

So you have $1.6mil in cap space. All eaten up by stretching Farmar, Delfino & Raduljica ($1.4mil)

Crawford & Barnes are non-guaranteed to the tune of $2.5mil, but cutting them loose serves no benefit. So that's $9.2mil

CP3, Blake & DeAndre
Crawford, Barnes & Hawes
Farmar, Delfino & Radujica (no longer on the roster)

= $76mil (probably a couple $100K more)

Add in JJ Redick, who you could trade, but it would be the same thing as cutting Crawford or Barnes, you'll need to replace them, and fill a hole elsewhere, and it isn't necessarily worth it when your depth issues are all over.

76 + 7 = $83mil

The luxury tax is supposed to be $85.1mil, which if you cross that, you cannot use the $5.7mil Mid-Level Exception (if you do use it, you are hard capped as well for that season).

So really you guys have to hold out with this roster, with a minor addition, and turn your eyes to 2015-2016 where you'll have close to $30mil in cap space (if you can then unload JJ & Hawes)

Now having this roster isn't bad news. You likely still have a top 4-5 seed. And if things go your way in playoffs, you make it to WCF. But it will be largely the same roster next season.

Last edited:
"I want to fix it," Rivers told USA TODAY Sports. "I want to win. That's why I came here. I knew when I came here that roster-wise it was going to be very difficult. The first thing I did before I took this job, I looked at the roster and we laughed. I was like, 'What the (expletive) can we do with this?' It was more the contracts. But we have to try to do it somehow. I don't know how yet, but something will work out."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-chris-paul-blake-griffin-playoffs/27495223/

This ***** is delusional.
DELUSIONAL. He really is throwing excuses at the wall and seeing what sticks. You cant have the person whos doing the most talking for the team at this point grasping at straws in such a manner.

In all honesty if DeAndre re-signs (it's a likely chance), the roster will basically stay as is.

No pick this draft.

So you have $1.6mil in cap space. All eaten up by stretching Farmar, Delfino & Raduljica ($1.4mil)

Crawford & Barnes are non-guaranteed to the tune of $2.5mil, but cutting them loose serves no benefit. So that's $9.2mil

CP3, Blake & DeAndre
Crawford, Barnes & Hawes

Add in JJ Redick, who you could trade, but it would be the same thing as cutting Crawford or Barnes, you'll need to replace them, and fill a hole elsewhere, and it isn't necessarily worth it when your depth issues are all over.

76 + 7 = $83mil

The luxury tax is supposed to be $85.1mil, which if you cross that, you cannot use the $5.7mil Mid-Level Exception (if you do use it, you are hard capped as well for that season).

So really you guys have to hold out with this roster, with a minor addition, and turn your eyes to 2015-2016 where you'll have close to $30mil in cap space (if you can then unload JJ & Hawes)

Now having this roster isn't bad news. You likely still have a top 4-5 seed. And if things go your way in playoffs, you make it to WCF. But it will be largely the same roster next season.
Thanks for the input g, appreciate it. No sarcasm, this was insightful.

DELUSIONAL. He really is throwing excuses at the wall and seeing what sticks. You cant have the person whos doing the most talking for the team at this point grasping at straws in such a manner.

Yeah, Doc has moved to the very top of my Clippers **** list. He needs to ****.

No pick this draft.

CP3, Blake & DeAndre
Crawford, Barnes & Hawes

76 + 7 = $83mil

Good stuff. With all the limitations we're facing, somehow, some way, we need to get a long, versatile wing defender. That's the most glaring need, IMO.

Good stuff. With all the limitations we're facing, somehow, some way, we need to get a long, versatile wing defender. That's the most glaring need, IMO.
What do you think about a sign and trade with someone for DJ? I don't know who we could get to replace what he brings, but perhaps we could get a serviceable big in place of him and use the extra money on a Demarre or a Danny Green?

Back
Top Bottom