OFFICIAL 2015 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS OFF-SEASON THREAD (Lance, PP, Josh Smith, Aldrich - pretty nice l

What do you think about a sign and trade with someone for DJ? I don't know who we could get to replace what he brings, but perhaps we could get a serviceable big in place of him and use the extra money on a Demarre or a Danny Green?

I'd be open to it. I like DJ and he's much better now than I ever expected, but I really think he's hit his ceiling. And given his offensive limitations, I don't think it would be that hard to replace his other production. But it would have to be a good deal

I don't know how yall deal with the NBA thread. It's ******* terrible.
I'm in class so I need to pass time 
laugh.gif

But its tough. Almost lost it yesterday. People and their obsession with wanting stars to fail, without trying to incorporate the other players on their team who are vital to their success.

That's sports culture though.

TBH, I'm staring to find it fascinating/amusing how obsessed some of the people in there are with slandering players and forcing their favorite narratives on everyone else. For example, if it's really that important to Chester that everyone thinks CP is a loser - which it seems to be - I'm not going to fight him on it. I don't get celebrating in someone else's failure, but whatever.

Its not that bad once you learn what narratives to pick and choose. I myself need to get past the whole "never repeated" one and then I'll be good.

Its not that bad once you learn what narratives to pick and choose. I myself need to get past the whole "never repeated" one and then I'll be good.
That argument is so poor. Spurs have won 5 rings, and have had a chance to win every year since  99.

The fact that people use the back2back thing as an argument of SAS just proves how much people don't value winning, and having an actual chance to win. 

I assume you don't let sea manup's Tim Duncan slander bother you since it's basically just ridiculous. Right?

TBH, I'm staring to find it fascinating/amusing how obsessed some of the people in there are with slandering players and forcing their favorite narratives on everyone else. For example, if it's really that important to Chester that everyone thinks CP is a loser - which it seems to be - I'm not going to fight him on it. I don't get celebrating in someone else's failure, but whatever.

Chester is an admitted troll. I barely take anything he says seriously. He cited CPs 3 point shooting in game 6 as to why they lost. Didn't mention he had 31/10 and 26/10. Just that he shot poorly from 3. Cant stand dudes who can't concede anything and have to be right about everything.

the not going back to back is a legit criticism of the spurs though.     it doesn't take away from their 5 titles and being in the mix every year since 97-98, and pretty much except  for 96-97, being a playoff team every year since the 89-90 season.

but that said, the lakers went back to back in 87 and 88,  the pistons in 89 and 90. 2 bulls 3 peats between 91 and 98 mixed in with a rockets back to back, a lakers 3 peat and back to back in the 2000's and the heat repeated.    it's been doable since 88.  8 championship runs in this time period resulted in either a back to back or a 3 peat. 

the spurs are probably the best ran nba team but the failure to repeat is a blemish on their record imo

That argument is so poor. Spurs have won 5 rings, and have had a chance to win every year since  99.

The fact that people use the back2back thing as an argument of SAS just proves how much people don't value winning, and having an actual chance to win. 
Winning twice> Everything else clearly. So many of those repeating teams imploded soon after, and then fell out of contention for a period, whereas the Spurs are in the mix every year. I will take what we have done with no qualms. But I wont argue against it, people seem to honestly buy into the theory and I respect it.

I assume you don't let sea manup's Tim Duncan slander bother you since it's basically just ridiculous. Right?
Insanely ridiculous.

Tim and kobe are the pillars of the post MJ generation. The two guys embody greatness and winning

You know, every now and again, I still have trouble accepting how the season ended. Like, we're we really one quarter away from the WCF and blew it? That couldn't have really happened. But it did

Just looking through the offseason thread, and now the CP3 thread, man people are weirdos on here at times man.

They legit devote time and energy to slander him at all cost and try to make sure that their opinion is shared and known by everyone. I don't understand it.

If I didn't like a player I for sure wouldn't be devoting full on threads to them. Just don't get it.

Just looking through the offseason thread, and now the CP3 thread, man people are weirdos on here at times man.

They legit devote time and energy to slander him at all cost and try to make sure that their opinion is shared and known by everyone. I don't understand it.

If I didn't like a player I for sure wouldn't be devoting full on threads to them. Just don't get it.

It truly is kind of bizarre.

You know, every now and again, I still have trouble accepting how the season ended. Like, we're we really one quarter away from the WCF and blew it? That couldn't have really happened. But it did

At least we saved ourselves from getting swept by Gs :lol:

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner · 2h2 hours ago
Clippers will play in Orlando Summer League in July. Clips had played in Las Vegas Summer League last 9 years.

Sadly, this might end up being the most interesting offseason news we get...

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner · 2h2 hours ago
Clippers will play in Orlando Summer League in July. Clips had played in Las Vegas Summer League last 9 years.

Sadly, this might end up being the most interesting offseason news we get...

You think this will be more interesting than us trading Blake for KD and Ibaka?

I don't know if Austin will get more than the 3 million that we can give him on the open market. 

However, I wouldn't mind bringing him back next year. I saw some really good things from him in the 2nd half of the season, especially in the postseason. He's a player that appears a lot more confident in LA. We didn't see as much CP / Austin as I would hope for, as we did when Doc went with the CP / DC backcourt. Austin is a pretty good spot up shooter and it would have been cool to see a 2 guard with size play with CP in that 2nd unit.

Which leads me to another point, that I'm probably alone with. Jamal Crawford has to go. If we're going to bend our 2nd unit to an inefficient chucker, then at least bend it for someone who can get to the basket better than Jamal, a better spot up guy, and a guy who can defend miles better in Austin. 

That being said, neither Austin or Jamal Crawford is the answer moving forward, and no real championship teams have these kind of ball dominant chuckers,coming off the bench but because of what Jamal Brings on offense and what he doesn't bring on defense, we can do without him and if need be, just let austin fulfill that role because although he isn't as good as Jamal, he can manufacture offense and he can defend. He's also much younger.

Back
Top Bottom