Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

Obj is hurting us. Regardless of what the other teams are doing you got to keep your head and focus on your job. Dude be losing his mind out there on the field. He lost it earlier this season against Buffalo and was fined. He's also dropped some key catches in games including not laying out for that catch at the end of the game the week before then kicking the ball getting a penalty. He was too worried about fighting then catching balls against Norman and if he would have caught that early TD on him I'm sure a lot of the fighting wouldn't have happened. This dude got 3 personal fouls playing WR. That's crazy. He's placing himself and his issues above the NY Giants and we don't need that ****. Someone needs to get him together. He ain't the first sweet receiver we've had and he won't be the last. Eli makes em sweet.

Obj is hurting us. Regardless of what the other teams are doing you got to keep your head and focus on your job. Dude be losing his mind out there on the field. He lost it earlier this season against Buffalo and was fined. He's also dropped some key catches in games including not laying out for that catch at the end of the game the week before then kicking the ball getting a penalty. He was too worried about fighting then catching balls against Norman and if he would have caught that early TD on him I'm sure a lot of the fighting wouldn't have happened. This dude got 3 personal fouls playing WR. That's crazy. He's placing himself and his issues above the NY Giants and we don't need that ****. Someone needs to get him together. He ain't the first sweet receiver we've had and he won't be the last. Eli makes em sweet.
Like a few people are saying, if the refs got to both players when they first started going at it and threw flags and warnings, things may have played out differently.

I'm 100% certain that the NFL execs told these refs to let things play out. Look at all the publicity the NFL is getting off this bullcrap.

But also, I am afraid that we're letting Odell go down the dark-side. Someone needs to get that boy in check. Tuck, Pierce, or Strahan would not let any of this ish happen.

ODB is a diva like all wide receivers are, he doesn't back down so I don't mind most of it, he is a superstar player and the only legitimate offensive weapon Eli has.

Offensive line can't run block for the past few years and it's frustrating, pass protection looks better but then again Eli is throwing the ball in 2-3 seconds, so it's difficult to judge.

Leadership on the defensive end is lacking.

On a side note, can't believe how good Harris has been for the team, especially on special teams.

Anyone think there is truth to the notion that Beckham Jr took the homophobic slurs so seriously because he's gay?

Hahahaha, I seriously have no idea if he is gay. He's been getting targeted every game. Norman threw him on the ground and then he burned him and dropped an easy TD catch. I think it was everything just adding up but the TD drop changed it all. He makes that catch, I think we win and it's a different story.

I have no clue either, but it was brought up on WFAN yesterday morning with Boomer & Carton. Overall I think Odell just really lost his composure out there and we can only hope this is a learning lesson for him, not that there's anything wrong with that...

View media item 1840293

Last edited:
Welp, officially another year out the playoffs for us. Rough season, so many winnable games, a waste of a SuperBowl-caliber offense and a prime year for Eli the Gawd.

Really let a Cousins led team win the division, lost 6 games in the final ten seconds of games because the defense couldn't get a stop when it mattered.. Organization should be ashamed of themselves.

Get back to basic, keep developing the pass rush and get a damn running game.

This season was similar to 2011 in which Eli had zero rushing attack and one of the worst rated defenses, but at least that defense/pass rush got stops when it mattered most down the stretch and during their playoff run. This season, the opposite. Still surprised at how well Eli has done this season considering those circumstances and just one real offensive threat. People that continue to discredit his abilities make me laugh.

Doing this with options like Preston Parker for a few weeks and Rueben Randle, and no run game.

View media item 1844608

Last edited:
I hope we win
F tanking, it doesnt work in the NFL unless theres a QB prospect
A higher draft pick isnt going to fix this team

I agree I hate watching a team tank.

I'm surprised the Vikings are even playing zone defense but they have three picks. Having to worry only about Newhouse and Randle on defense, must be salivating.

We are not tanking, just saw a glimpse of what we look like minus out best player against a playoff team. Shows we are missing a handful of pieces.

Hope the giants lose. With a loss giants could be as high as 9 in the draft and a win as low as 17. Big difference.... this team needs a lot of help only one player making the pro bowl, horrible. Oline still sucks need to either draft tackle or sign top one.

we will have at least 50 mil in cap space. better sign wilkerson, LT Glenn of bills. prince and jpp at a good price and a guard. maybe megatron?

Last edited:
Definitely hoping for another L this Sunday. There are so many holes on this roster, I don't even know where you start to spend $ or draft. But we definitely need a:
RT: assuming that Beatty will be cut, unless he can be massively restructured and wants to play RT or backup T
RG: assuming we likely cut Schwartz, though ti's possible that we restructure
TE: I think Tye has a future, so this isn't 100% necessary, but at the least we need one vet TE who can block.
WR2: I pray to God that Reuben Randle isn't on this team next year. I wouldn't take him at the NFL minimum.
slot/WR3: I think Cruz might be cut, especially if Reese is fired (though unlikely). Either that or a massive paycut/restructure

I'm going to assume we franchise JPP. I think he probably wants a long term deal, but won't get one from anyone until there's more clarity on if he will ever be able to grip and tackle w/ his right hand.

DT: Cullen Jenkins is old, Bromley hasn't shown enough. Would be great to get a plus DT next to Hankins (and Hughes, who i'd retain if possible)
DE: I'd bring back Ayers, and hope Owa has a future, but in if JPP isn't ever the same, we could use a pass rushing/3rd down DE w/ potential
OLB: Might need 2 depending on Kennard's health, but Casillas/JT are not starters on a good team.
MLB: Brinkley is a competent backup, but we haven't even had an average MLB since Antonio Pierce.
CB: Prince is a good guy, but doesn't make plays, isn't aggressive, and will demand a lot of $. Wouldn't be surprised if our 1st pick is a cb.
FS: We literally have no one here. Idk what Berhe/Thompson/Jackson can do, but I wouldn't depend on any of them to come back and perform at a high level. The 2 best of those 3 can be the 2 backups behind whoever we sign (hopefully Berry or Weddle but unlikely) + collins.

It's actually amazing to me we had this many holes on this roster (many of which were filled in by guys off the street like Dahl, Nicks, Coefield, Brinkley, who were starting for us since the bye. And those guys couldn't even make rosters, let alone start in the NFL). This has probably been one of, if not the worst rosters that Coughlin's had in his time here. I didn't even list where we need backups (G, WR, DT, LB, CB).

We also have to keep in mind that cap room has to be saved in the future to resign Beckham and Hankins, so I don't see more than 1-2 big $ signings being made but I'd love to sign Brandon Marshall (Broncos MLB) and either Eric Berry (probably not leaving KC for us tho) or Eric Weddle (at the right price, he's getting old). I think we can draft a CB, DE, G to contribute next yr, and use FA for the rest of the holes.

Back
Top Bottom