Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what i don't understand is why is KD considered "beta" for joining a loaded GSW yet this "beta" label doesn't apply to lebron for joining DWade and then recruiting Chris Bosh or when he joined kyrie and then demanded KLove?

this is the biggest double standard I'll never understand. KD understood that he'd never win in OKC with just Russ in the same way that Lebron knew he'd never win in Cleveland without two other stars...by NT's standards and metrics, Lebron = Beta AF
Simple, if you don't have a ring then you're a beta whose wasted both your potential and career.

If you do have a ring but weren't finals MVP then you were a beta who got carried.

If you have a ring and finals MVP and 2+ all stars on your team then you're all betas who couldn't do it alone.

bbbcrest.gif

what i don't understand is why is KD considered "beta" for joining a loaded GSW yet this "beta" label doesn't apply to lebron for joining DWade and then recruiting Chris Bosh or when he joined kyrie and then demanded KLove?

this is the biggest double standard I'll never understand. KD understood that he'd never win in OKC with just Russ in the same way that Lebron knew he'd never win in Cleveland without two other stars...by NT's standards and metrics, Lebron = Beta AF

Simple, if you don't have a ring then you're a beta whose wasted both your potential and career.
If you do have a ring but weren't finals MVP then you were a beta who got carried.
If you have a ring and finals MVP and 2+ all stars on your team then you're all betas who couldn't do it alone.

bbbcrest.gif

:lol: this needs to be pinned somewhere

Last edited:
Melo loves being in NY so much he's welling to waste his career. Obviously he doesn't care about winning THAT much. You already got your money, it's no reason to stay. :smh:

I mean at the end of the day, it's about your quality of life as a human being.

If getting 20+ million while living in NYC where all your business/social circle is more appealing than going to another team with the "hope" of winning a championship is more appealing to Melo I'm not going to knock him.

All that ring talk is for forums and sports talking heads, reality is Melo is a HOF basketball player who's at the point in his career where his earning power will only go down from an on court perspective.

There's been plenty of phenomenal players who have never won a ring, that doesn't diminish them in the eyes of anybody who actually understands the game and isn't a parrot of that media narrative.

Melo is fully aware that the average sports fan doesn't really understand how easy it is to make the HOF and thus will consider him one of the goats just for being considered. His legacy is cemented and he's taking full advantage

regardless of all that, bet it still makes ppl feel some type of way that even Darko got a ring a melo doesnt

Last edited:
Melo is fully aware that the average sports fan doesn't really understand how easy it is to make the HOF and thus will consider him one of the goats just for being considered. His legacy is cemented and he's taking full advantage

Exactly.

I don't want that bum Shabazz near the Spurs. I'll gladly take Rubio though.

Little too late for Chip to fix his jumper though.

Report: Timberwolves “actively shopping” Ricky Rubio, packaging with with Shabazz Muhammad

Finally. I reaaally wish he ends up in San Antonio. But it seems like they are looking for a PG who will eventually settle as a backup behind Dunn. I don't see how the Wolves put that much faith in Dunn, what has he done so far?

Man, Rubio would be PERFECT in SA.

Chip Engelland could probably even show him how to shoot.
Didn't see this before posting. If he can do that then Chip is the GOAT.

Last edited:
You want Rubio over D'Angelo?

I want Rubio simply to run the 2nd Unit..... Watching Lou & Clarkson is starting to kill the team now as opposed to being an asset earlier in the year

And run a few minutes with Russell.

But for the most part, anybody who says Yes, is nuts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom