Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say warriors were the bigger upset because the lakers weren't a historically great team. And Malone was hurt

Idk, man. I remember thinking Detroit had less than a 0% chance to win. Even after game 1. I think a lot of people thougt the Cavs could beat the Warriors.

In more important news. Barbosa lost his dog today :frown: You Arizona NTers need to help him out.

View media item 2218097

soon as bogut went down, the odds against the cavs went down..

far from the biggest upset in the NBA playoffs.. debatable in the finals

Orlando was pretty heavily favored over Houston '95, I think

lakers were pretty heavily favored over the pistons in '04
You mention Bogut's injury & completely gloss over Malone's
laugh.gif

He was actually hurting them more by suiting up because he couldn't move at all.

'95 Magic were led by a 22 yr old & 23 yr old and were in their first finals appearance.
'95 magic took out the bulls.. and if though rockets were the defending champs, they were the 6th seed I think

and even with Malone's injury, most people had the lakers pretty heavily favored.. think most assumed it would be like any other finals in the '00s where the west would walk in and win

mavs were favored over the heat too

bomani going in right now about that Durant article.. and then the whole Durant and westbrook relationship dynamics

Idk, man. I remember thinking Detroit had less than a 0% chance to win. Even after game 1. I think a lot of people thougt the Cavs could beat the Warriors.

In more important news. Barbosa lost his dog today
frown.gif
You Arizona NTers need to help him out.
+1... exactly. 

It's a team sport when LeBron's team wins, but when his team loses it's a stain on his legacy. Got it.

youre in your feels for no reason. this aint new. its the same for all the greats. thats all sports is, wins and losses. players talk about chasing other players for the amount of rings that player has, not the teams they played for.

It's a team sport when LeBron's team wins, but when his team loses it's a stain on his legacy. Got it.
can run it back the opposite way.  

when he wins he gets all the credit and does it alone. as a person stated here  like a half hour ago on here . 

when he loses its his team fault. 

its a team game. im on that tip, no one does ish alone. 

Last edited:

can run it back the opposite way.  

when he wins he gets all the credit and does it alone. as a person stated here  like a half hour ago on here . 

when he loses its his team fault. 

its a team game. im on that . 
SO running with that arguement

Championships aside

cause championships is a TEAM accomplishment

Comparing INDIVIDUAL ACCOLADES

LeBron > Magic

SO running with that arguement

Championships aside

cause championships is a TEAM accomplishment

Comparing INDIVIDUAL ACCOLADES

LeBron > Magic
i never seen magic play. i cant really  judge magic aside from numbers and boxscores but i dont do that. its dumb to me.

ive seen lebron play so of course i think lebron is better then magic.  

Last edited:

youre in your feels for no reason. this aint new. its the same for all the greats. thats all sports is, wins and losses. players talk about chasing other players for the amount of rings that player has, not the teams they played for.
No one's in their feels, you're just not making sense.

'95 magic took out the bulls.. and if though rockets were the defending champs, they were the 6th seed I think

and even with Malone's injury, most people had the lakers pretty heavily favored.. think most assumed it would be like any other finals in the '00s where the west would walk in and win

mavs were favored over the heat too

The Bulls who still hadn't replaced Horace Grant & MJ who came back for 17 games before the playoffs? We're going to act like that squad is even comparable to the '96 & '93 Bulls? They got Rodman & MJ got a full offseason to train, full reg season to get in shape & ORL got swept the very next season :lol:

and even with Bogut's injury, most people had the Warriors still pretty heavily favored. He got hurt in G5. Right after that game a $100 bet still got you nearly $400.

The Bulls who still hadn't replaced Horace Grant & MJ who came back for 17 games before the playoffs? We're going to act like that squad is even comparable to the '96 & '93 Bulls? They got Rodman & MJ got a full offseason to train, full reg season to get in shape & ORL got swept the very next season
laugh.gif

and even with Bogut's injury, most people had the Warriors still pretty heavily favored. He got hurt in G5. Right after that game a $100 bet still got you nearly $400.
still not going to post the odds before game 1 .got you .

you seem to not understand the difference between biggest comeback , and biggest upset. 

Last edited:
A comeback w/ those odds..... is an upset, no?
two totally different things .... when you down 3-1 of course the odds are going to be crazy... 

biggest upset is before the series starts, and like i and a few people have been stating , many thought the cavs had a shot. 

cavs have biggest comeback in finals history. not debatable. biggest odds before the series started=biggest upset. 

Last edited:
LeBron can and has played well and won with his team playing well

LeBron can and has played poorly and lost with his team playing poorly

LeBron can and has played well and lost with his team playing poorly

LeBron can and has played well and won with his team playing poorly

And even in 2011, LeBron can play poorly with his team playing well enough to win and lose.

All can be true.

The Cavs were +825 to win the Finals after G4. I am highly doubtful there was ever a series price that got that high on the winning side. DET started '04 as +400 which is probably the highest in the last 20 years to start a series. CLE was +180 to start the series last year which at least since 2004 is the 2nd highest to win.

And the Mavs were not favored over Miami.

Last edited:
Kareem has more MVPs, chips, all time leading scorer in history, most unstoppable move of all time. Wash ya face and put some respeck on his name.
Kareem a better writer than Bron is a basketball player too.

Last edited:

She probly the reason he airballed that free throw. Saw her face and the ball just slipped

Jeff Teague shooting 7% from 3 for us this season 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Yikes 
sick.gif

OKC was a better team than GSW and Clipshow would have eliminated GSW, though.

These 3-1 leads don't mean **** anymore though. 

When humans see something can be done, it tends to start happening more and more and more.

Cubs about to add to that 3-1 Joke

Give a man hope and watch him change the World.
Very true point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom