Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they can from what I heard earlier this week but they would be foolish to and so would he for that matter.

Imagine if dude died out there.. Let it go Chris

Last edited:

(2007) OJ Mayo, Derrick Rose, Kyle Singler.
DBNQSpqXYAArGKd.jpg
And all three washed by 2017...

:lol:

let's not kid ourselves into thinking that singler's career was ever considered good enough at any point to eventually be considered washed

Last edited:

With Adam Silver's latest "one and done" comments, I wonder if he'll push to force kids to go to college for two years or go to the G-League for one year to increase the visibility of the league.

Last edited:
Send them to the G League. College doesn't do anything to prep you for how to play in the NBA, all it does is prep you for how to win college basketball games.

We're about to have 29 G League teams, it's time.

Last edited:
That would be wack as hell if all the top prospects just never played college basketball at all.

No it wouldn't. You would be able to build continuity because there would be less one and dones.

College basketball is drastically inferior anyways who cares.

No it wouldn't. You would be able to build continuity because there would be less one and dones.

College basketball is drastically inferior anyways who cares.

I'm all for skipping college but the G league is basically glorified AAU. The games are cringeworthy, nothing but chucking going on.

No it wouldn't

Do you even know basketball other than the Cavs?

Yes, that would be wack as hell for fans of college basketball or even fans of the draft if we never got to even see any of the top prospects play from now on. Scouts would obviously still have access to seeing the guys play but they might as well be in China as far as our viewing purposes would be concerned. You'd strictly have to either go see them play in one of these little gyms or watch YouTube highlights.

If you've ever watched one of those G-League games the basketball being played in them is also pretty terrible so I'm not quite sure that would help them in the players development.

Last edited:
I'm all for skipping college but the G league is basically glorified AAU. The games are cringeworthy, nothing but chucking going on.
That is an unfair assessment of the D-League.

Maybe the Top 25 Prospects are in a "Chuck-spree" to get that call-up, but to call the entire league that is belittling the function of the league

That would be wack as hell if all the top prospects just never played college basketball at all.
For who? Us? The entertained CBB fan?

Whatever puts those dudes in the best position to make as much money as they can WHILE developing as an athlete, I am all for.

I hate what the NCAA stands for, so anything that can break down that "Non-Profit" ; I am all for it.

That is an unfair assessment of the D-League.

Maybe the Top 25 Prospects are in a "Chuck-spree" to get that call-up, but to call the entire league that is belittling the function of the league

Nah the quality is terrible. I watch it all the time cause I'm a basketball junkie. It's a lower quality than the lower tier basketball leagues in Europe. It's basically what china was a few years ago.

Yeah college ball is kinda awful. At least have the same rules as the pros as well as the three point line same distance

So by silvers comments I'm assuming the NBA is still in bed with the NCAA? Or if he's really trying to push the G league wouldn't that be the opposite and burn bridges with the NCAA?

Nah the quality is terrible. I watch it all the time cause I'm a basketball junkie. It's a lower quality than the lower tier basketball leagues in Europe. It's basically what china was a few years ago.

This 100%

Plus you're going to have a lot of dudes who are going to think they're way better than they really are and going to play in the G-League, fail and not even have a college degree to fall back on. Meanwhile those same dudes could have went to college and got humbled, matured, had amazing experiences for 4 years and got jobs elsewhere.

Reactions: Ube
NBA and NCAA been spooning since forever. Any measure taken will be to the benefit of college basketball

College basketball has been SO bad for a while now. Last exciting years I remember were when JJ Reddick and Adam Morrison were dropping 30 or 40 every night during the season. There have been decent NCAA tourneys since then but I honestly haven't cared for quite some time.

Like when was the last good duke/UNC game? I can't think off the top of my head. Since hansbourough W's there?

Right now one and dones play for like 2 months, miss the tournament, and still get drafted number 1 and we're expected to know anything about them? I miss when 1 and dones had an impact. Steph Curry. Kevin Durant. Kevin Love.

I agree that ANY measure taken would help the college game and I hope it happens.

College basketball has been SO bad for a while now. Last exciting years I remember were when JJ Reddick and Adam Morrison were dropping 30 or 40 every night during the season. There have been decent NCAA tourneys since then but I honestly haven't cared for quite some time.

Like when was the last good duke/UNC game? I can't think off the top of my head. Since hansbourough W's there?

Right now one and dones play for like 2 months, miss the tournament, and still get drafted number 1 and we're expected to know anything about them? I miss when 1 and dones had an impact. Steph Curry. Kevin Durant. Kevin Love.

I agree that ANY measure taken would help the college game and I hope it happens.
STEPH wasn't a 1 and done tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom