Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I don' know why Marquez won't give Manny another shot. Pac gave him 3 rematches, and he won't let him get one.
mean.gif
Because he legitimately thinks he won all 4 fights 
laugh.gif

There was some buzz that the two camps were talking before Manny settled on Bradley 3.  Maybe JMM will change his mind if the money is right, 

I was just in the gym and was reminded of it. Completely spaced on it. And Canelo next week (moreso for the homie Gab, and Zach Ochoa on the undercard).

would yall really like to see a pac jmm fight for a 5th time? its debatable that jmm won a few of those fights but its just the same thing over and over again... im glad they are not fighting again even though they put up a good fight

It will sell, I can bet on it! They promote the controversy, knockout, steroids, mexicutioner.... ect.

IMO it'll be so easy to sell that fight!

It can definitely do well. But jmm is past his prime and so is pac. I just want to see new fights like pac and Budd or even pac against any of the haymon fighters if arum allows it

It can definitely do well. But jmm is past his prime and so is pac. I just want to see new fights like pac and Budd or even pac against any of the haymon fighters if arum allows it
I rather see Pac-Bud, but outside of that yeah i'd very much like to see it.  All the fights have been entertaining. 

Thurman could be a fun fight but after that I'm not really interested in seeing him fight any of the Haymon guys.  He'd wash Danny and AB.  Spence is too big and would KO this washed up version of Pac. 

Brook lookin fast as hell even wit all the extra weight.

This is why I give Brook the benefit of the doubt, I don't think he'll be dominated like many would think, everyone thinks it's an early KO, but he should have his own moments and win some rounds, but the weight increase will probably take a toll on him. He has fast hands, but they'll probably be fast in the first few rounds. Not to mention GGG will eat them punches and one good hit from GGG to Brook would put Brook in the back pedal.

What color? I'ma live vicariously through you for a minute :lol:

Using some Fighting S2 16oz hook and loop right now.

Black 10oz. with my name printed on them in gold (screen printing is free), I'll be using them for pads and bag work since I already have a pair of 16oz Sabas super softs for sparring.  Luckily I've got a really good friend that owns a gym in Japan and he has a connection so they're 20% off.  

Nice clean combo :smokin

Been using 16's for everything. Thinking of doing the same. Smaller gloves for training. And the requisite bigger gloves for sparring.

Been tempted to splurge on some custom colors. Some of them look so lovely. And screen print with my kids name on it. Or step it up with some images (which I think they can do if you send in).

I think we've had this convo before and as you can see I'm still half stepping :lol:

Thinking about putting $50 down for Cuadras to win $300, Chocolatito is way favored, may need to contact a bookie.

I put down a few bills on Cuadras, let's get it

Do you guys have that much confidence that Cuadras even has a chance?

Gonzalez is the Pound for Pound best boxer in the world for a reason. However, I do not expect this fight to be a walk in the park for Gonzalez. He's entering a new higher weight class albeit 3 pounds higher and against Cuadras who is in his physical prime and has an awkward style. I realistically see Gonzalez winning. But if Gonzalez makes easy work out of Cuadras, I will be impressed. I think that the oddsmakers overpriced Gonzalez so I see value in Cuadras. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
I think Brook makes the fight some what interesting. But i have yet to see anyone get hit by GGG and not get more defensive. If Brook eats a body shot early and he will be walking backwards and jabbing the rest of the fight.

I am a big GGG fan so I obviously have GGG winning by a late stoppage. But i am definitely intrigued by this fight. But i said that about Lemioux too....and Stevens

See what's impressive with GGG is, I know Brooks won't have the strength to bother him. So he's gonna keep coming forward. I've seen GGG take punches too, and it doesn't phase him.

Honestly, which is why I think if Floyd does come back to fight GGG. He'll lose, he doesn't have the strength to bother him, and if he's cornered up, he'll be eating body shots from a strong strong middle weight!

Last edited:
Nice clean combo :smokin

Been using 16's for everything. Thinking of doing the same. Smaller gloves for training. And the requisite bigger gloves for sparring.

Been tempted to splurge on some custom colors. Some of them look so lovely. And screen print with my kids name on it. Or step it up with some images (which I think they can do if you send in).

I think we've had this convo before and as you can see I'm still half stepping :lol:

We might've gone back and forth about it a year ago when I got back from Japan and was kicking myself for not picking a pair up.

And I understand the half-stepping, they aren't cheap. Only reason I'm even getting a pair is my friend asked me to pick up some pricy clothes and ship them out to him, so in exchange I'm getting a pair and a few other things.

And I am pretty sure they'll print a lot of different things. I know ice seen Cotto rocking some with his promotional logo where the winning logo normally is.

And the 10s for pads/bags with 16s for sparring is the way to go. I always did that when I lived in Thailand, but I didn't have to supply the 16s so it was easier than having to shell out for both. yhat way you aren't pounding your sparring gloves all the time making them less protective for your sparring partners.

Back
Top Bottom