Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

See what's impressive with GGG is, I know Brooks won't have the strength to bother him. So he's gonna keep coming forward. I've seen GGG take punches too, and it doesn't phase him.

Honestly, which is why I think if Floyd does come back to fight GGG. He'll lose, he doesn't have the strength to bother him, and if he's cornered up, he'll be eating body shots from a strong strong middle weight!

I would love to see GGG vs Floyd....but Floyd is the greatest defensive fighter of all time (imo). He just doesn't get hit. And even when you think some one who has impressive punch output numbers (ie Pac) can tag him up a little....nothing.

I can't see GGG beating Floyd

See what's impressive with GGG is, I know Brooks won't have the strength to bother him. So he's gonna keep coming forward. I've seen GGG take punches too, and it doesn't phase him.

Honestly, which is why I think if Floyd does come back to fight GGG. He'll lose, he doesn't have the strength to bother him, and if he's cornered up, he'll be eating body shots from a strong strong middle weight!

I would love to see GGG vs Floyd....but Floyd is the greatest defensive fighter of all time (imo). He just doesn't get hit. And even when you think some one who has impressive punch output numbers (ie Pac) can tag him up a little....nothing.

I can't see GGG beating Floyd
man let TBE stay retired, he's about to be 40 in a couple of months Geez [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
exactly floyd is enjoying that retired life... and to be honest he didnt look that great against a weak berto so i hope he stays retired... but if floyd was still young like 34-35 right now theres no doubt in my mind he can beat GGG... hes doesnt have the power but hes the best defensive fighter ever and his counter punching is impeccable and would make GGG less aggressive

Being a great defensive fighter don't mean **** when it comes to size and strength/speed.

With that logic, Floyd would beat Tyson... and we all know that **** would never happen.

Tyson's head/body shot combo would disrupt Floyd's Philly Shell.

GGG is bigger, stronger, can take punches, great footwork, and longer than Floyd.

FYI, I think SOG would dismantle GGG. Why? Because Ward is the bigger fighter, stronger and defensive minded like Floyd.

Last edited:
Being a great defensive fighter don't mean **** when it comes to size and strength/speed.

With that logic, Floyd would beat Tyson... and we all know that **** would never happen.

Tyson's head/body shot combo would disrupt Floyd's Philly Shell.

GGG is bigger, stronger, can take punches, great footwork, and longer than Floyd.

FYI, I think SOG would dismantle GGG. Why? Because Ward is the bigger fighter, stronger and defensive minded like Floyd.

Yeah but if the fight ever took place you know floyd would dictate a lower weight and see what he could get GGG to commit to. Floyd is a 147lb fighters GGG is fighting brook at what 176?

Obviously the heavier the weight the more it would be to GGG advantage

Yeah but if the fight ever took place you know floyd would dictate a lower weight and see what he could get GGG to commit to. Floyd is a 147lb fighters GGG is fighting brook at what 176?

Golovkin could easily make 154.

He was 165lbs 30 days out, it was the welterweight Kell Brook that weighed 176lbs 30 days out.

Golovkin could easily make 154.

He was 165lbs 30 days out, it was the welterweight Kell Brook that weighed 176lbs 30 days out.

GGG could make 154, it's the rehydration clause that will play a factor.

Anyway I think GGG will have trouble with Brooks in early rounds, fighting someone smaller, quicker and good jobs.

But just like Khan, he'll ending up getting caught. Keep banging them shoulders, arms will eventually go down.

GGG will break the smaller man down. Brook hasn't really fought anyone great at Welterweight, let alone prepare for a hard hitting Middleweight.

Like HAWAII 50 said, I see this as Canelo Khan 2.0. Brook will come out sharp and accurate. Have people thinking "he might just do it." Give it a few rounds. Golovkin will close the distance and cut the ring off more and more. I see Brook going down on a body shot and then a stoppage.

I personally don't think a rehydration clause would be an issue for Golovkin. He appears to stay close to on weight constantly which is likely due to his 300+ fight amateur career and his desire to fight 4 times a year. He doesn't blow up at all and I highly doubt he cuts weight for the 30 day and 7 day weigh ins, meaning he isn't getting massive rehydrating.

Canelo is a good example of a huge weight cutter that could have issues with a rehydration clause, not Golovkin.

I actually expect Brook to be the heavier man in the ring this Saturday.

exactly floyd is enjoying that retired life... and to be honest he didnt look that great against a weak berto so i hope he stays retired... but if floyd was still young like 34-35 right now theres no doubt in my mind he can beat GGG... hes doesnt have the power but hes the best defensive fighter ever and his counter punching is impeccable and would make GGG less aggressive

Was just about to say that. Floyd at 34-35 it would def work but him at 40? Nah he would be playing with fire going up against GGG :lol:. If he did pull of a W though well damn...

Bernard Hopkins was an elite to very effective fighter well into his 40s. Floyd keeps himself in top shape so I don't see any issues with him continuing to do what he's done. His punch output would definitely decrease, but he's never been one to let his hands go anyway.

Even at his peak I don't see Floyd dealing with GGG. He was amazing against Canelo but Canelo is also has slow feet and doesn't cut the ring off the way GGG does. Then add GGGs power, it's an entirely different fight.

Like somebody said earlier I think Ward would beat GGG just because he has the size to handle his shots as well as the technical ability. But Floyd vs. GGG is basically Floyd testing the limits of how big of a guy and/or puncher he can deal with, and I think GGG is a little past his limit because of his combination of size skill and power.

Was just about to say that. Floyd at 34-35 it would def work but him at 40? Nah he would be playing with fire going up against GGG :lol:. If he did pull of a W though well damn...

Floyd at 34-35 is not gonna see GGG in his current state. Aside from the size and power difference Floyds hands would betray him in this fight, because in this fight he would have to earn GGG respect in the power category. If he cant do that no way he wins

GGG is just to big, 12 rounds of you slipping punches will only last so long before GGG starts going at that body. Floyd would have to be on his bike all night now letting GGG be able to sit down on punches which honestly is inevitable.

What separates GGG from the rest of the fighters is his patience, footwork, and lack of frustration. Canelo is not GGG by any means and should they ever fight we will all see that

Bernard Hopkins was an elite to very effective fighter well into his 40s. Floyd keeps himself in top shape so I don't see any issues with him continuing to do what he's done. His punch output would definitely decrease, but he's never been one to let his hands go anyway.

this and all of this.

To bad the division he is in is washed. Its a big drop off from #TBE to the #2 welter

I'm not sure how to judge GGG vs Floyd due to the fact that we haven't seen GGG fight anyone ELITE yet. Which isn't completely his fault, but it's hard to judge from him knocking out good, but not great fighters. Floyd's retired though. So let's leave that alone. I'd rather see Canelo vs GGG due to them being closer in size & GGG facing more power & skill than he's faced.

I am not saying that Mayweather isn't capable of fighting at an elite level into his 40's. But keep in mind that Hopkin's game doesn't revolve around speed and reflexes as much as Mayweather. B-Hop's footwork is very economic, he slides just inches enough to frustrate his opponents. Hopkin's also lives a very clean lifestyle maintaining a very strict diet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom