Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Thats a sick lineup, offensively and defensively.

But keep an eye out for Lakers, PHI and Kawhi.
I just dont think we have enough to trade for Kawhi unless Kanter resign and we trade Kanter and our pick, which essentially means our pick for Kawhi saying some here want Kanter gone anyway

The Celtics are "scared" of Kyrie Irving leaving when he reaches free agency next summer, Yahoo Sports' Chris Mannix says on his podcast, and the Knicks are a threat to sign Irving in 2019.

Mannix reiterated his comments first made on NBC Sports Boston's "Arbella Early Edition" from Wednesday (see above video).

In a discussion among Yahoo NBA writers about 24 minutes into the podcast, Mannix says of the Celtics: "I think they're scared. I think they're scared and should be scared to some degree of Kyrie Irving walking in 2019. I know he had a great year, but you know there are people in Cleveland that will tell you that the Knicks should be considered a real threat for Kyrie Irving. Because Kyrie had talked about it, about playing with the Knicks with some players in that Cleveland locker room from what I was told.

MORE CELTICS - Gary Tanguay: Sorry, Philly, LeBron's not choosing you over C's
"You know things can change. Obviously, you go to Boston and you become the face of the franchise. You're on a winning team. Maybe the mindset has changed significantly?"

Yahoo's Shams Charania replied: "I know Kyrie Irving's mindset when the trade [from the Cleveland] happened was 'Boston is my home for the foreseeable future.'"

Irving's backup, Terry Rozier, can be an unrestricted free agent in 2019 and there's been speculation about whether the C's would keep Rozier, guard Marcus Smart - a free agent this summer - or both. A commitment from Irving will likely play into the decision on Rozier.

How great does that THJR contract look right now? Knicks have zero talent and zero cap space. What a great ****in contract. We could have missed the playoffs without him.

Kyrie not coming here, we’re a joke and we’ll blow whatever money we got on a bum *** average at best player

It's kind of a big deal that guys really want to work our for us. Perry Mills have done a great job of changing the culture in just year.

These guys are being coached on the right things to say. It's a rare rookie that can say where he'd like to play and where he doesn't want to play. This s NY, home of the slick talk, you guys gotta recognize. Homie gave that whole sound bite thinking "man I hope I don't fall to the knicks" :lol:

THJr is being paid market value

I don’t care if other teams are overpaying bums. I’m tired of the Knicks overpaying bums.

- He eats up cap space

- He isn’t taking us to the playoffs

- He isn’t good enough to attract big named free agents.

- He isn’t good

That was one of the worst Knicks contracts in a long time and that says something cause we lead the league in that category. It would make sense if we were a piece away from contending and he was a perfect fit but nah. We paid a huge contract to a 6th man type player. That’s why other teams laugh at us and will continue to laugh at us.

These guys are being coached on the right things to say. It's a rare rookie that can say where he'd like to play and where he doesn't want to play. This s NY, home of the slick talk, you guys gotta recognize. Homie gave that whole sound bite thinking "man I hope I don't fall to the knicks" :lol:
Nah I think a lot of players genuinely want to play in NYC. Now what their true motivations are for that, that's the true question you got to answer.

Nah I think a lot of players genuinely want to play in NYC. Now what their true motivations are for that, that's the true question you got to answer.
That might be true, some of them prolly haven't followed the Knicks much the last few years depending where they're from :lol:

Seems like the Wendell Carter workout went really well. Unless he's really good right away, not a fan of drafting a big with Kanter, KOQ, Noah, and even Kornet in the mix.

That might be true, some of them prolly haven't followed the Knicks much the last few years depending where they're from :lol:
I always get suspicious when players want to come here because I'm like "You don't give a damn about ball you just want to club don't you?"

Seems like the Wendell Carter workout went really well. Unless he's really good right away, not a fan of drafting a big with Kanter, KOQ, Noah, and even Kornet in the mix.

I've really warmed up to Carter.

Kanter's only here for another year if he opts in & Noah's gone after two. I don't think we should be passing on guys because of current role players.

Like, on reddit someone said we shouldn't take Young because of Burke. :lol:

Yea that’s a good point actually. I actually like him as a player too, but at the same time their development might take a hit those first 2 years with such a log jam.

His major weakness is on switching, only reason I’m kinda hesitant on drafting him. Our strengths are ability to switch 1-3 and 4-5 with Frank and KP. Feel like we need to add someone in that 4 spot who can guard multiple positions and easily switch as well.

I honestly think hes #2 on our front offices board after Trae though.

Yea that’s a good point actually. I actually like him as a player too, but at the same time their development might take a hit those first 2 years with such a log jam.

His major weakness is on switching, only reason I’m kinda hesitant on drafting him. Our strengths are ability to switch 1-3 and 4-5 with Frank and KP. Feel like we need to add someone in that 4 spot who can guard multiple positions and easily switch as well.

I honestly think hes #2 on our front offices board after Trae though.

Yeah I agree with all your points.

Yep definitely like what I’m hearing. Rather workout their weaknesses to see if they got any better since the college season than reevaluate their strengths.

Yeah I agree with all your points.

I mean they have to test out his weaknesses, especially if you're auditioning yourself to be part of the future core with KP as the center piece. If you're playing alongside a 7'3" Porzingis, you need to be able react quickly on defensive switches and help-side contesting.........especially in this modern-day NBA where you've got the Warriors out-running every "2 big men front court" for a NBA Title.

ya stop saying it was market value for timmy... no bro we were the only team dumb enough to pay him that contract same with noah and lee and dont forget that bum ron baker...if it was market value how come atlanta didnt match that contract?

doesnt mean he isnt overpaid, which he is .....

but that happens to be a knick problem

noah contract , ron baker , lance thomas........

Back
Top Bottom