Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Even though Fultz is the obvious #1 pick, he doesn't really fill a need for the Celtics. Granted he's going to be the 2nd best guard on the team, they already have Bradley, Smart, and IT. I can see one of them getting traded. What Boston really needs is a wing scorer. On the flip side, the Lakers are definitely taking Lonzo. A rotation of DLo, Lonzo, and Clarkson will be nice. Philly, Sac, Minny, and Orlando are definitely taking guards. Idk about Phoenix though. I can see them taking Jackson for sure, if he's still there. At this point, idc who we draft as long as it's not a big. We already have KP, Billy, and Oquinn on a nice deal. ****, I'd trade Noah and the #8 pick to move back just to get rid of his contract tbh.

Even though Fultz is the obvious #1 pick, he doesn't really fill a need for the Celtics. Granted he's going to be the 2nd best guard on the team, they already have Bradley, Smart, and IT. I can see one of them getting traded. What Boston really needs is a wing scorer. On the flip side, the Lakers are definitely taking Lonzo. A rotation of DLo, Lonzo, and Clarkson will be nice. Philly, Sac, Minny, and Orlando are definitely taking guards. Idk about Phoenix though. I can see them taking Jackson for sure, if he's still there. At this point, idc who we draft as long as it's not a big. We already have KP, Billy, and Oquinn on a nice deal. ****, I'd trade Noah and the #8 pick to move back just to get rid of his contract tbh.
Trade Noah and that pick in a heartbeat if we moved down to 10th or something 

I've accepted that we're not winning for a while. I just want someone who's entertaining to watch. Tbh, I like 8 of the top players in this draft. Had we fallen back even more I'd have been a little upset. I don't like Ntilkina at all, but he seems like a Phil pick.

Fultz/Ball/Jackson are gone
Fox/Tatum are def gone too by 8

So we're going to get one of Monk, Smith, or Isaac. Monk's shooting makes him perfect for this NBA, Isaac has as much upside as anyone - Imagine him and KP in the same frontcourt, and Smith is explosive and can score. Either way, at least we're not the Nets.

No thanks to Isaac. Players like him rarely if ever reach their potential. Dude has huge bust potential. Him and KP frontcourt would get eaten alive too.

We have no damn luck so I wasn't shocked we got 8th.

I think we are taking Frank. Thankfully this draft class is a good one to have an 8th pick. Alot of years would of been a disaster to have the 8th.

**** the Lakers man. Hate them so much
And the stupid *** nets

Celts getting another top pick 2018 too 
sick.gif

I need LeBron to embarrass the Celtics. Can't stand that ****** team.

I love Phil saying we're good at what we do because he's right. We're good at embarrassing ourselves. We're good at being a ****** joke. We're good at losing in every possible way.

Last edited:
we won 4 out of our last 10 games and prior to that we had the 4th worst record in the league... so we shoulda had philly pick which was #3... all that is hypothetical and doesnt matter anymore but man it sucks that we won meaningless games and now have to pay for it... reminds me of the year we missed towns but at least we got KP... hopefully we can pull off the same luck this draft

Still cant believe we moved down. This is a joke that lasted 20 years at this point.

Last edited:
The sky is not falling.

Oh, the optimism of youth.

Regardless of who we get at #8, we're gonna stink.

Then we'll add some more mediocre FAs, that will put us in the exact same boat as last season. Not good enough to compete, not bad enough for a top pick.

We'll continue this way for about 5-7 years or until our young guys get tired and break out to flourish somewhere else.

Wash, rinse, repeat....until we get competent management.

Word on the street is that the Knicks are very high on  Frank Ntilikina. Some say they are expected to pick him.

Back
Top Bottom