Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Frank will be the perfect catalyst for the tank. If he's our pick it will at least show a commitment to rebuilding from scratch. Our history at the 8th spot is just bad juju :lol: we needed that 10 or 11 spot since we couldn't get top 5..

we won 4 out of our last 10 games and prior to that we had the 4th worst record in the league... so we shoulda had philly pick which was #3... all that is hypothetical and doesnt matter anymore but man it sucks that we won meaningless games and now have to pay for it... reminds me of the year we missed towns but at least we got KP... hopefully we can pull off the same luck this draft
Pretty much 100% correct, I was so mad when anybody would say you don't lose on purpose. Yes you do this is the result we went from potentially the #3 pick to the #8, now everything is relative but i'd gamble on a #3 vs. a #8 pick any day of the week especially since the season was over and we had no reason to win any games. The garden sells out every game win, lose, or draw so what is the point of winning????

We're not even the only team to move down :lol:

After Fultz, every prospect has a pretty big flaw. Ball has no inbetween game. Fox & Jackson struggle to shoot. Monk is undersized. Smith has had 2 knee surgeries. The list goes on.

Unless we take a big man (Phil already said we're not) we are fine.

Last edited:
Pretty much 100% correct, I was so mad when anybody would say you don't lose on purpose. Yes you do this is the result we went from potentially the #3 pick to the #8, now everything is relative but i'd gamble on a #3 vs. a #8 pick any day of the week especially since the season was over and we had no reason to win any games. The garden sells out every game win, lose, or draw so what is the point of winning????

Bc the players don't care about draft picks....idk why that's such a hard thing to grasp. Even if we cut everyone and signed a bunch of DLeagures, they're still trying to win. If you are an athlete, you don't lose on purpose.

I'd say the majority of us here are between ages 21-30, maybe even more.

It should start sinking in your head Knicks will win nothing in our life, maybe in our kids lifetime when Lebron is done.

Bc the players don't care about draft picks....idk why that's such a hard thing to grasp. Even if we cut everyone and signed a bunch of DLeagures, they're still trying to win. If you are an athlete, you don't lose on purpose.
That is why the coach and GM if they are worth a crap will not let that happen, D-League's would've tried but they are in the D-League for a reason....

Iono why yall can't see it but embracing the tank is what effed up the tank. Alllll season Long, minus the first 20 games, we tried to win and lost. When the team was finally eliminated from playoff contention and we decided to tank and it all went wrong trying to do right :lol: #superteam

Last edited:
Damn, Franks rating in 2K next season probably gon' be like a 72 or something to start cause he a euro 
mean.gif

He better ball out quick to get that up

In addition to UNC's Tony Bradley, the Knicks' workout today included Kobi Simmons, Kasey Hill, Tyler Dorsey and Omer Yurtseven, per ESPN sources. It was the first day of workouts for the Knicks, who have the eighth pick in the draft and two second-round picks.

Saw a debate today asking if the Cavs/Warriors are ruining the nba, didn't even watch. Garbage teams like the knicks that are highly valuable and perfectly fine with putting a **** product out that can't compete with those teams are ruining the league. Don't be upset at the ones at the top, build something to beat them.

Saw a debate today asking if the Cavs/Warriors are ruining the nba, didn't even watch. Garbage teams like the knicks that are highly valuable and perfectly fine with putting a **** product out that can't compete with those teams are ruining the league. Don't be upset at the ones at the top, build something to beat them.
The Knicks definitely aren't fine with it, it's just that Dolan doesn't actually know how to run an organization.  His wants and desires always overtake doing the correct thing.  Additionally, he's easy to manipulate by people who want to use him for their own purposes and he's totally lacking in sense or capability.

(parallels to Trump are ******** uncanny, man.)

Last edited:
In addition to UNC's Tony Bradley, the Knicks' workout today included Kobi Simmons, Kasey Hill, Tyler Dorsey and Omer Yurtseven, per ESPN sources. It was the first day of workouts for the Knicks, who have the eighth pick in the draft and two second-round picks.

I wouldn't mind getting Hill in the 2nd

Back
Top Bottom