Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Dolan gave them what they wanted (Phil Jackson and no involvement) and they still blame him.
I dont think Knicks fans who are also intelligent basketball fans' first choice would have been a pretentious dickhead big name with 0 front office experience, but I do think we all got a little hopeful/excited at Phil's history of success and especially the prospect of no involvement from Dolan (even though he promised this to Donnie Walsh as well before he stepped in). 

I know personally I hated the Phil move when it happened. I hated Phil as a coach and saw the hire as a mere ploy by Dolan to win headlines and get everyone off his back for the disaster of the 2014 season. I would have much preferred Dolan shell out that kind of money to somebody with not as big of a name but a more accomplished front office resume.

Then I read his book that summer and started to get a little intrigued, and then I really started to get encouraged by the complete tank job in 2015 (something I have wanted the Knicks to do basically my entire life as a diehard fan) and I really liked the moves he made that summer (Porzingis, Jerian, Rolo, Afflalo, D-Will, Hernangomez). But everything since then has basically been an unmitigated disaster, more so the way he conducts himself than the personnel moves he has made.

Last edited:

It just sucks that ill be dead before ill ever see a Knicks parade in times square
Unfortunately human existence will also be dead before this happens.
tired.gif

I think we were going to take Frank even if we got 7th, so 8th won't make alot of difference I don't think.

But yeah sucks that we are probably going to be bad again next season.

we won 4 out of our last 10 games and prior to that we had the 4th worst record in the league... so we shoulda had philly pick which was #3... all that is hypothetical and doesnt matter anymore but man it sucks that we won meaningless games and now have to pay for it... reminds me of the year we missed towns but at least we got KP... hopefully we can pull off the same luck this draft

philly actually got the kings 3rd pick...... philly was 5th.... but i guess 5th is better than 8th lol

This is our problem.

I'll give JJ Redick his credit, hes a good player, but we don't need him

We need young proving players.

The Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Philadelphia 76ers all have interest in J.J. Redick in free agency.

While the Los Angeles Clippers have interest in re-signing Redick, media reports have consistently indicated he's their free agent most likely to sign elsewhere.

The 76ers are the team said to be most interested in Redick.

“Brooklyn, the Knicks are teams that have interest in Redick. We'll see how far they're willing to pay,” said Adrian Wojnarowski.

Redick has been connected to the Knicks with the possibility of the Clippers revisiting trade talks for Carmelo Anthony.

Are there any foreign players in this draft ?
Bet ya money that's who phil gonna draft.

That's who we've been talking about this whole time

Where you been man? :lol:  

Bruh, ima be honest, i know nothing of college ball till the draft, and if you aint top 3, i have no clue who is who :lol:

i just know Fultz and Ball right now

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Frank-Ntilikina-77051/

My least favorite from the draft is Frank. And maybe it's just me but I think Jackson and fox are over hyped and not going to be that good. Not garbage but not great either. Monk and Smith Jr is realistic for us and are some good options if either land to us but you know Phil is dumb

Back
Top Bottom