Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Lebron and CP3 are good friends and have expressed interest in playing with each other, but I don't think their games fit. Both need to be primary the ball handler to be most effective. Same goes for Westbrook.

Just like I think CP3 would fit with Spurs I think he'd fit with LeBron. The Spurs/CP3/LeBron are all way too skilled with elite basketball IQ's to not be able to tweak their games and make it work extremely well. Bron and CP3 are two of the smartest, most efficient players of all time and there would be a variety of dangerous things they could do working off one another.

If I had to play devils advocate with Russ its just a pure talent standpoint. He's essentially an inefficient mini version of LeBron. My first thought would be to be wary Russ doesnt play like he would with Durant. And it would just be another episode of that. But when I think about it I dont think there's a player in the league that LeBron couldnt make "fit" with him. He'd actually talk to Westbrook instead of having silent competition during the game like he did with Durant. Westbrook obviously had the greenest of green lights to do what he did this season which is why I think he was so inefficient. Had nothing to lose trying and there was no reason for anyone to stop him. But pair him with Bron, he'd know before the season started that he could win a ring so he wouldnt be hell bent on averaging triple doubles and do things like play defense at the level hes capable of. LeBron would work with him, and in the end opposing teams would have to almost deal with 2 LeBrons constantly attacking you.

Last edited:
I did say its so unlikely its almost not even worth mentioning lol. The only options the Cavs have outside of keeping the same team to beat the Warriors are wild ones. Very few of them. And that's just one id like to see of the wild options available.

For the record, I think LeBron leaving is just as likely as those wild trades if he wants to win.

Last edited:
meh, 3/10.

i do hope lakers good again soon though.
:lol:  damn 3/10 though? How about 2.4/8 

But 2.4/8? 
I've been waiting all morning to use anal-fingered.
I thought I was coming in hot with that one.|I

use it on one of those bron fans. :lol:. Revised. 4/9 for effort.

Rectum checks are serious b. Rectal examination is an important part of the abdominal examination and genitourinary examination. It is important in examining for gastrointestinal disease but also for the detection of disease in other pelvic organs. It is an intimate physical examination which should be conducted correctly for detection of disease and patient comfort. Findings should be accurately and correctly recorded. aint no fingers in my booty hole b.

I did say its so unlikely its almost not even worth mentioning lol. The only options the Cavs have outside of keeping the same team to beat the Warriors are wild ones. Very few of them. And that's just one id like to see of the wild options available.

For the record, I think LeBron leaving is just as likely as those wild trades if he wants to win.
IMO bron leaving is FAR FAR FAR more likely than those wild trades just for the simple fact that he'll be a free agent after next season and there's been a ton of people that have alluded to it so there's at least something tangible there.

All bets were off with Bron once he won a chip w/ the cavs. There's a reason why he didn't commit long term to the Cavs.

My personal hot take is that the Cavs will make minimal improvements roster wise this summer, won't make it out the east next season and that'll push bron out the door. I guess that's not so hot lol but yeah.

cavs are ultra stuck. snowstorm with bald tires. its a wrappington. and bron gonna be 33 in 6 months. and that team as a whole is old. young dudes are kyrie and kay felder. they tossed Liggins for dauntay jones. Just a series of awful decisions for 1 man. but when he folds or leaves or retires of get completely washed washed..then what? then you're stuck permanently. And the team looks exactly how they did in 2014.

bet bread bronze last game he aint dropping 60. might try and statpad that triple double though. the stat pad is his finishing move.

Just like I think CP3 would fit with Spurs I think he'd fit with LeBron. The Spurs/CP3/LeBron are all way too skilled with elite basketball IQ's to not be able to tweak their games and make it work extremely well. Bron and CP3 are two of the most efficient players of all time and there would be a variety of dangerous things they could do working off one another.

If I had to play devils advocate with Russ its just a pure talent standpoint. He's essentially an inefficient mini version of LeBron. My first thought would be to be wary Russ doesnt play like he would with Durant. And it would just be another episode of that. But when I think about it I dont think there's a player in the league that LeBron couldnt make "fit" with him. Westbrook obviously had the greenest of green lights to do what he did this season which is why I think he was so inefficient. Had nothing to lose trying and there was no reason for anyone to stop him. But pair him with Bron, he'd know before the season started that he could win a ring so he wouldnt be hell bent on averaging triple doubles. LeBron would work with him, and in the end opposing teams would have to almost deal with 2 LeBrons constantly attacking you.
Throughout Lebron's career player's have had to fit in with him by moving off ball and letting him run the offense. Even Wade had to so, and CP3 isn't the slasher and athlete Wade was.  If Lebron were to move off ball and let CP3 handle things which I doubt he would, then you've taken Lebron's biggest strength (his playmaking) away from. I agree they are two of the smartest players in the league and they could play with each other, but one of them would have to sacrifice part of their game to the point that it would make you wonder is it worth it to have them playing together. I don't think the Cavs would be better.

When it comes to Russ, I don't see him and Lebron fitting at all. 

To get better I think the Cavs need to another wing defender, hopefully one that can shoot three also. Hope Korver can actually knock down threes next year or find a replacement. But the biggest thing is Bron needs to get in the post. He can playmake out of the post or score there which should conserve more energy on offense as opposed to doing everything off the dribble. Riley and Spolstra forced him to get in the post in Miami and it really helped his game and the Heat. I don't know why he completely abandoned it when he went back to Cleveland. 

But even with the old roster the Cavs will have, are they still the team that ends up in the Finals again?

Yeah I get you, we just talking hoops. Gotta keep ourselves occupied during the off-season. 

bron gonna have to force those old guys to retire to free up spots. Have tonya bust up Jefferson and Deron knees up.

But even with the old roster the Cavs will have, are they still the team that ends up in the Finals again?
To me it's ultimately how you view the cavs last season.

Did you view them as a team that slept through the regular season and turned it on in the playoffs?

or

Did you view them as a team that was piss poor defensively, old, and rode LBJ's Supernova playoff run to the finals?

If it's the latter then IMO they legit may not make it out the east next season because they are old, and Lebron is getting older and while he's still great, elite, etc. if he declines just a little bit and the Raptors, or Wizards, or Celtics or even Bucks improve in some way, then there's serious concern there.

Season just ended and I'm already wishing the next one will start 
ohwell.gif

KD on Bill Simmons podcast for 3rd time today.

First 2 during the season were good if you havent listened.
Enjoyed his AI comments. I'll get killed for it but AI was over rated by a great deal of people.

Season just ended and I'm already wishing the next one will start :\

bro why i feel so mentally and emotionally drained after game 5. Needed that break.

Now I'm fiending again. Bouta f with this wnba. My boy playing in drew league, I was supposed to play too but it didn't end up working with my schedule. So just been watching that.

Who are the legitimate threats? Boston with Fultz? Wizards still need a bench. Will the Bucks take a giant leap and will Jabari be able to come back? If I were a betting man I would bet on the Cavs.

Imagine dis...bron dies and the East is wide open with parity again :smokin

to get devoured by gsw.

The NBA finals is making people forget how easily they ran through the east, and nothing from that finals performance Would make me believe Bron lost a step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom