OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Does Yahoo give pts for pitchers hitting HRs

Thor giving me 6 innings of 2 run ball and hit 2 HRs and only has 9 pts lol

Having a fantasy squad makes these games much more enjoyable
Truer words have never been spoken

Makes me love baseball so much more than I already do 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Saw Andrew Miller was dropped in my league and was ready to pounce, but then realized Chapman is getting Closer duties.
What does Chapman being back mean for Andrew Miller?
Andrew Miller should be owned in every league, closer role or not. He's been one of the best relievers in all of baseball, bar none, the past two seasons. Gives you 100 Ks in 60 innings, ERA hovers just over 2.00. Holds and occasional saves now that Chapman has usurped the closer role.

Glad I didn't entertain a Stroman for Andrew Miller trade that was offered to me (I'd be giving up Stro).
That would be a ripoff working against you. Although Stroman pitches in the AL East and has a small frame, he has the mental ace mentality and approach.

Nothing beats trading for Gray on his worst start of the year :lol:
Worth trying to steal Sonny Gray for the right deal? He's been bad but I think he can bounce back.
I traded Sonny to JRS in the NT Keeper and then proceeded to acquire him from JCMojica24 JCMojica24 in our other NT league. Could've asked for Cueto, but I preferred Gray. He's really been bad his last three starts (Boston, Seattle, Detroit), but I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet. Sonny's never had an ERA over 3.08 in his career, and two of those seasons he was actually sub-3.00.

Good trade, Nick. Colome is a temporary closing solution. Boxberger's return is looming, as you mentioned yourself. Gray at his best, is a top-15 fantasy SP.

Should I stash Trea Turner now? Kind of need the extra utility slot but will be upset if someone else gets him :lol:
Yes. I would and have. Turner's likely going to receive 2B/SS eligibility on Yahoo.

Four reasons he'll be called up for the Nats soon:
1) Espinosa has been nothing special with the bat, and although he's been rather exceptional defensively in years past, Espinosa's fielding percentage and range factor are down from the norm. Trea Turner will likely commit more errors than Espinosa in the field but his range factor will be significantly higher and more impressive.
2) Nats essentially unblocked Turner's path by trading Brendan Ryan to the Angels to be their Simmons replacement.
3) Stephen Drew is not very good as bench infielder to spell Murph and Espinosa. Every reason to call up Turner.
4) Trea's raking at AAA Syracuse. Leads the International League in stolen bases. He's ready for a May call-up.

Castellanos :smokin
His BA is going to come down at least 100 points, but the pedigree is definitely there in Detroit's high-powered lineup.

Trevor Bauer has been money for me in place of Carrasco [emoji]128170[/emoji]
As a Tribe supporter, I've been patiently waiting for Trevor to put it all together. He has the stuff for sure.

Picked up Heyward off waivers in my money league :pimp:
Who the hell would drop J-Hey Kid?

Jackie Bradley Jr or Justin Upton long term? Daily league.
J. Up by far. Easy to become enamored with JBJ, on his 17-game hitting streak. Upton is streaky, we know that. But when he gets hot, he enjoys a power surge like no other player.

Question to everyone in NT Champions League....are we all planning on doing this again next season or nah? Just curious bc I see you can trade draft picks but didnt know if we were renewing again next year
If that league becomes a keeper I'm having a fire sale.
I will be happy to make our league a keeper format for next season. This year would be unfair because all 12 managers would draft, trade, add/drop differently.

Man F Russell Martin I let that bum go awhile ago but not getting much production out of Salty either :smh:
Russ is playing hurt. His neck isn't 100%.

Ian Desmond :smokin :smokin :smokin
The revival. Must have felt bad when he turned down 7/$107M from the Nats.

the kid has been great, 
thoughts on what the rangers gonna do once choo comes back? 
Texas' plan was definitely to send Mazara back down once Choo was healthy, but the kid is playing himself to stay in the majors. Rangers cannot possibly send Mazara down if he continues playing the way he has rapidly for a 21-year-old.

Might be a dumb question but how do Keeper picks work for a player that you didn't draft? I picked up Mazara weeks ago from FA, and if he continues I know he would be great to have next season.
If your league does keeper penalties by round, Nomar Mazara should be your last-round pick because you didn't draft him and acquired the player through FA/waivers.

Champ always coming in the clutch in bulk :nthat: .

Thor got me the QS/W last night. Too bad his HRs don't count :lol: .

One of my friends who has Nomar Mazara on his team changed his team name to "Nomar Comin Yo" :lol:.

Jackie Bradley Jr. was picked up earlier this morning. Had ZERO clue he was even available :wow: .

Last edited:
McCullers is making his debut tomorrow. Should I drop anyone for him or do I drop him? Either way, I'll probably wait till after his start to make a move.

If your league does keeper penalties by round, Nomar Mazara should be your last-round pick because you didn't draft him and acquired the player through FA/waivers.

Asked my commish, we would lose our last round pick.. which I'm very cool with for a kid like Mazara.

Last edited:
i'm in a money league with random people on Yahoo & they're dumb as **** :lol:

i picked up Corey Seager last week and today Andrew Miller & Odubel Herrera were dropped

i'm in a money league with random people on Yahoo & they're dumb as **** :lol:

i picked up Corey Seager last week and today Andrew Miller & Odubel Herrera were dropped

Herrera dropped :smh: Miller was dropped last week in my league. He's still out there, not sure if I want to bother snagging him or not.

Deuces Young Joc, just scooped up Parra. Second stint with my team this season.

Back
Top Bottom