OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Might have bit the bullet, but I dropped Lawrie and picked up Tyler White. Need some production out of my Util spot.

Dropping Russell after just 1 week. Potential is cute and all, but not when you're going to hit .230 and batting 8th in the lineup.

My lineup is power heavy, feel it's best to get a high obp guy.

Dropping Russell after just 1 week. Potential is cute and all, but not when you're going to hit .230 and batting 8th in the lineup.

My lineup is power heavy, feel it's best to get a high obp guy.

Russell Martin? I was thinking of dropping him also and just rolling with Realmuto as my only C.

Nah, Addison Russell, though my opponent week 1 has Russell Martin. He's struggling mightily but I still think he'll get it going. Maybe not a .290 hitter like his Pitt days but I like him over realmuto, for sure. A lot of hype for maybe 15hrs and 15 bags.

Snagging grandal tomorrow morning before his debut Tuesday.

Tough loss last week. Went 2-8-2 but could've easily made it out with a 6-6 tie or even an 8-4 win :smh:. Had a slow start but my team really turned it on over the weekend. Got a tough draw with my opponent too, I would've beaten most other teams in a majority of categories.

Nah, Addison Russell, though my opponent week 1 has Russell Martin. He's struggling mightily but I still think he'll get it going. Maybe not a .290 hitter like his Pitt days but I like him over realmuto, for sure. A lot of hype for maybe 15hrs and 15 bags.

Snagging grandal tomorrow morning before his debut Tuesday.

Ah gotcha. I'm thinking of dropping Martin for Grandal but IDK if I actually wanna bother.

Tough loss last week. Went 2-8-2 but could've easily made it out with a 6-6 tie or even an 8-4 win :smh:. Had a slow start but my team really turned it on over the weekend. Got a tough draw with my opponent too, I would've beaten most other teams in a majority of categories.

I was up most of the week and wound up losing 3-8-1 :x . Pitching was eh, but my lineup was trash. I have to get used to H2H.

Last edited:
^ Yeah H2H is annoying at times. You can have a great week and have nothing to show for it. On the other hand you can have a terrible week but get lucky and have an even worse opponent :lol:. I was lobbying to switch ours to a Roto league but nobody else was on board :\.

might look into him as i just had Ender hit the DL and the  only other  OF on my bench is Granderson. 

slot grandy into the OF position, picked up Wang on the FA market and put him at utlity

or drop alcides (who i dropped jose reyes for), slot wang in at 2nd/SS and pick up an OF'er

picked up Dee Gordon somehow off waivers...

still trying to figure out if hes dead and im being trolled 

Last edited:

picked up Dee Gordon somehow off waivers...

still trying to figure out if hes dead and im being trolled 
laugh.gif
That doesn't add up one bit.
i mean i know this is only an 8 team but still....
laugh.gif

Last edited:
This dude Hazelbaker worth an add? Looks like he's in a platoon or something, but stats galore :lol:.

View media item 1989589

might look into him as i just had Ender hit the DL and the  only other  OF on my bench is Granderson. 
slot grandy into the OF position, picked up Wang on the FA market and put him at utlity

or drop alcides (who i dropped jose reyes for), slot wang in at 2nd/SS and pick up an OF'er
Keep an eye on Mallex Smith

Nomar Mazara is a must own if he's still available

^ Mazara is owned already in my league :\. Just put Mallex Smith on my watch list though. Only guy I'd be willing to part ways with for him is David Wright but I'm not sure I wanna drop him yet.

Wright is peculiar. He's finished from an elite output standpoint, but he does possess value as an OBP guy and potential run scorer.

^ Come to think of it, I might cut him loose. Currently going with Moustakas at 3B, but have Jung-Ho Kang on the DL also. No need to have three 3Bs when he's back, and I'm most likely never gonna start Wright over Moustakas in the interim. He's pretty much a lineup filler who offers minimal production.

Johnny, both Mazara and Smith are avail by me still. I'd like to at least add Mazara, but who should I drop - Russell Martin, Alex Gordon or Parra? H2H.

I just like Gordon's upside more. 20 HR, 85 RBI upside whereas Parra is probably like 14, 60, 20 SB. The SB could give Parra the edge, but I prefer Gordon's consistency and reputation in an abundant lineup.

I just like Gordon's upside more. 20 HR, 85 RBI upside whereas Parra is probably like 14, 60, 20 SB. The SB could give Parra the edge, but I prefer Gordon's consistency and reputation in an abundant lineup.

Yeah I remember snagging Parra off FA last season while he was still on the Brewers and he was raking. He went to Baltimore and cooled off big time.

Cervelli is the reason I don't believe in drafting a catcher before the last few rounds. Gives you great production for the position and you can always grab him on the wire after a draft.

Back
Top Bottom