OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

h3at23 h3at23 champcruthik champcruthik @eracism suavamente suavamente nomnom nomnom @RyGuy45 stick stick xxpizzo xxpizzo @Retroballer bigpat630 bigpat630

I made a post on our yahoo message board regarding some things about the league.

We are gonna keep it at $35.00 buy in and would like to have all dues paid before we draft on the 24th of this month. I posted my paypal in the message board.

I think we are going to limit transactions to 5 per week BUT I need everyone to go ahead and vote so if you can respond here in this thread with YAY or NAY I would appreciate that.

Looking forward to getting the season started with ya'll again.

h3at23 h3at23 champcruthik champcruthik @eracism suavamente suavamente nomnom nomnom @RyGuy45 stick stick xxpizzo xxpizzo @Retroballer bigpat630 bigpat630

I made a post on our yahoo message board regarding some things about the league.

We are gonna keep it at $35.00 buy in and would like to have all dues paid before we draft on the 24th of this month. I posted my paypal in the message board.

I think we are going to limit transactions to 5 per week BUT I need everyone to go ahead and vote so if you can respond here in this thread with YAY or NAY I would appreciate that.

Looking forward to getting the season started with ya'll again.

Got the email :smile: will pay the weekend of draft!

Also, YAY

Have my draft scheduled for 3/20 or 21st. I won the 'ship last year so I'm ready to defend & repeat :pimp: .

Well we’ve got 7 who’ve voted YES in here or through our message board so that’s something that will be new this year.

5 transactions per week!

Have my draft scheduled for 3/20 or 21st. I won the 'ship last year so I'm ready to defend & repeat :pimp: .
I have a live draft on March 24th. The Saturday of the round of 32 of the NCAA Tourney. Can't wait should be a great time. Gonna be keeping Bellinger/Snell/Vlad Jr/Eloy.

anyone ever do auction for fantasy baseball?

doing one this year and i’m probably gonna spend 20% on trout lol

any tips?

Had my draft last night (10-team league, 3rd pick). Forgot we are required to have one bench batter so will be dropping Pivetta, Smith, or Lucchesi. :smh: Who should I drop and overall thoughts?
upload_2019-3-20_11-29-21.png

I’ll be sending later.

Had the 2nd pick in a draft last night. Went Mookie, Bregman, Baez. What you think?

Great come up :sick: you drafting with children? :lol:

My draft is tn, 10th overall. I kept Yelich (round 3 value), Merrifield (R7), Mikolas (R19) & Wheeler (R20).

I went Stanton & Machado b2b, with Yelich kept in the 3rd. After that, it was a brutal draft. I just goofed on a few picks in a row :smh: . Already dropped two players and have claims in due to clear Saturday morning for three.

At least I have two saves from Strickland already. Drafted last night but rosters were added in time for today's game + yesterday's stats are accounted for.

0F83582B-FE2C-4CF6-9117-BF6ACE8519CC.png
F53C2E61-92F0-4453-8606-9A0A26C4E584.png
09D0A69D-4BF5-423D-B228-791C48DCD261.png
1E291457-2F20-4256-B576-F4B3280A7840.png
Drafted for my fiancé innher work league. 9th pick, pitching settings are ridiculous. 3 points per inning, 10 point wins, 5 point quality start, 10 point saves, 1 point per k. So there was a pitching run right away.

Had to moneyball the offense in order to take advantage of the dwindling pitching.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm , congrats on the engagement, brotha.

Stacked on pitching to compensate for your league settings. Bit unlucky with Scooter Gennett. Out up to 3 months with today's ST groin strain. Whitley could be "Baby Thor." James is one of my top candidates for AL ROY. Quad will set him back in a minor way to begin the season. Gained valuable experience in the playoffs vs. Boston. Correa is one of my main 'bounce back' guys for 2019. Will post my full list this week.

Edit:
Franmil gonna be a beast in SD. Diggin' the Tatis Jr. stash too. Will do his Mets father proud in the majors.

If you need a sneaky alternative to Voit and/or Alonso, I like Christian Walker from the D-backs.

Last edited:
My draft is tn, 10th overall. I kept Yelich (round 3 value), Merrifield (R7), Mikolas (R19) & Wheeler (R20).
Yelich will regress slightly from his NL MVP season, even though his swing suits Miller Park. But you're getting good value because Yelich is going first round in 12-team leagues. Merrifield is a top-25 fantasy producer. Mikolas and Wheeler both top-25 SP, the latter with crazy upside.

Back
Top Bottom