Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Oklahoma City Thunder announced play-by-play commentator Brian Davis' contract will not be renewed for next season, according to The Oklahoman's Brett Dawson.

The decision comes two months after the Thunder suspended Davis for controversially claiming Russell Westbrookwas "out of his cotton-picking mind" after a stellar assist by the All-Star. He was suspended for Game 1 of the Thunder's Round 1 Western Conference playoff series against the Utah Jazz for the comment.

No more "Thunder on the high side"

The Oklahoma City Thunder announced play-by-play commentator Brian Davis' contract will not be renewed for next season, according to The Oklahoman's Brett Dawson.

The decision comes two months after the Thunder suspended Davis for controversially claiming Russell Westbrookwas "out of his cotton-picking mind" after a stellar assist by the All-Star. He was suspended for Game 1 of the Thunder's Round 1 Western Conference playoff series against the Utah Jazz for the comment.

No more "Thunder on the high side"
Damn dude lost his job over that :lol:

If I were a Celtics fan I’d be so annoyed by how cryptic Kyrie tries to be about staying with them next summer every time they bring it up.

If I were a Celtics fan I’d be so annoyed by how cryptic Kyrie tries to be about staying with them next summer every time they bring it up.

Well prepare yourself now...because Klutch Sports Ben Simmons will damn sure be operating with the same playbook when it's his time for Free Agency. Don't think he won't be setting up those post-rookie extension contracts any differently than what the new trend is.

Blame Bron. He changed the league for the players. That's one thing I'ma always give him props for.

Well prepare yourself now...because Klutch Sports Ben Simmons will damn sure be operating with the same playbook when it's his time for Free Agency. Don't think he won't be setting up those post-rookie extension contracts any differently than what the new trend is.

Blame Bron. He changed the league for the players. That's one thing I'ma always give him props for.

I highly doubt we’ll have much of a problem signing him to the max on his next deal. Pretty much zero players turn that down after their rookie deals are up. He’s on a team that has a chance to be really, really good for a long time with another HOF talent right beside him. And his coach was even his dad’s coach and is his country’s national team head coach that he plans on playing on.

Whoever the next GM is would have to really **** **** up for our team to have a chance at that happening.

I highly doubt we’ll have much of a problem signing him to the max on his next deal. Pretty much zero players turn that down after their rookie deals are up. He’s on a team that has a chance to be really, really good for a long time with another HOF talent right beside him. And his coach was even his dad’s coach and is his country’s national team head coach that he plans on playing on.

Whoever the next GM is would have to really **** **** up for our team to have a chance at that happening.

That's not the point. The new name of the game is doing what you want. . I also said "post-extension" contracts. Meaning we know he'll probably re-up for the 3-4 year max after the rookie deal. Those are the 6-7 years a team can own a player if the player is prioritizing his financial future.

But don't think the deal he signs after that they will be the 4-5 "I'm going to be in Philly for my prime" deal. He controls his own destiny after that. If in 7 years, Ben Simmons decides he wants to go play for the Lakers or some ****....there won't be absolutely anything the Sixers can do about it. He'll be doing those new short deals KD and Bron are doing.

All I'm saying is...don't be surprised if you see Ben Simmons on TV not exactly pledging his loyalty to the SIxers one day. ESPECIALLY him :lol:

Coach , GM, mascots etc don’t mean Ish if the product on the court isn’t good.
Aside from his contractual dealings, philly gotta hope embiid doesn’t get hurt again

Simmons seems like the kind of guy to want to force his way out of things if they go south.
He’s got the right team around him for it

Coach , GM, mascots etc don’t mean Ish of the product on the court isn’t good.
Aside from his contractual dealings, simmons gotta hope embiid doesn’t get hurt again

Embiid went down with the eye injury and we won like 18 straight games. I think the product on the court will continue to be good.

And the relationship dynamic between Brett Brown and Simmons is unlike basically anything we’ve seen. Not only has Brett known him since he was a baby and coached his own dad but if Ben ever wants to represent his country then Brett would be the guy coaching him.

Coach , GM, mascots etc don’t mean Ish of the product on the court isn’t good.
Aside from his contractual dealings, simmons gotta hope embiid doesn’t get hurt again

Word. Even Kyrie said that the honest truth is that all of these dudes are friends and they do talk about playing with each other all the time. So the new name of the game is setting up the business so that they can control their own destinies as much as possible. They understand it's a partnership now. We don't work FOR you, we work WITH you.

Maybe Embiid can't stay healthy and Ben says **** this ****...maybe one day they start beefing. Maybe Fultz becomes better than both of them and they all start feuding. And honestly...Ben Simmons is the dude that would have the "unpredictable" tag in 2K. He's an interesting guy :lol:. He's going to bump heads with somebody one day.

Not trying to scare you buc em buc em but don't think **** all sweet over there :lol: We saw what happened in OKC.

Embiid went down with the eye injury and we won like 18 straight games. I think the product on the court will continue to be good.

And the relationship dynamic between Brett Brown and Simmons is unlike basically anything we’ve seen. Not only has Brett known him since he was a baby and coached his own dad but if Ben ever wants to represent his country then Brett would be the guy coaching him.

So embiid will be the one to bounce then

I brought it up before the season started, between embiid, simmons and Fultz (granted he’s still in the team going forward) someone gonna be mad they ain’t getting the last shot of a game

you know what...now if you think about it. Embiid, Simmons, and Fultz are a weird dynamic personality wise :lol: I can 100% see this **** going left as they grow. I also see them winning alot of games regardless.

They Petty. Bron finna Sue fo using his likeness. 20mil. He'll own their whole business then sell an IPA called brons tears lol

God damn all this negativity for the closest knit Sixers team I’ve ever seen in my life.

None of this has a chance at happening anyway over the next 5+ years unless the new GM that comes in completely destroys everything.

So embiid will be the one to bounce then

I brought it up before the season started, between embiid, simmons and Fultz (granted he’s still in the team going forward) someone gonna be mad they ain’t getting the last shot of a game

Well we know for sure Ben ain’t getting that last shot... and he’s definitely aware of that as well lol

God damn all this negativity for the closest knit Sixers team I’ve ever seen in my life.

Durant-Harden-Westbrook.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom