Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm siding with the player 9 times outta 8 during free agency

Me too but I think the fans (especially the fans of small market teams) end up losing. The supermax was put into the CBA to provide overwhelming financial incentive for players to stay with their current teams by making the amount of money a players current team could offer significantly more than any other teams could offer. This was supposed to stop the KD type moves. Under the old CBA, a players current team could offer more money, but not alot more. If this trend continues that players are walking away from max/supermax deals, I don't know what teams can really do to keep players

Look at Gordon Hayward for example. The Jazz did everything right. Drafted an all-star, developed him, get better team wise year after year, offered him more money than any other team and he still left. The Jazz turned out fine but its scary to see that a team can do everything right and players still want to bounce. This hurts small markets b/c you never see players forcing their way to Utah, New Orleans, Memphis, etc.

Durant-Harden-Westbrook.jpg

Possibly the three most iso heavy players in the league that all wanna shoot around 30 times per game with an owner that didn’t wanna pay the luxury tax vs the #1 passing team in the league where the top guy you’re speaking about leaving one day’s problem is he passes TOO much and doesn’t shoot enough. And Josh Harris has already stated he’s willing to go way over into the luxury tax if it means bringing in and keeping top talent.

Me too but I think the fans (especially the fans of small market teams) end up losing. The supermax was put into the CBA to provide overwhelming financial incentive for players to stay with their current teams by making the amount of money a players current team could offer significantly more than any other teams could offer. This was supposed to stop the KD type moves. Under the old CBA, a players current team could offer more money, but not alot more. If this trend continues that players are walking away from max/supermax deals, I don't know what teams can really do to keep players

Look at Gordon Hayward for example. The Jazz did everything right. Drafted an all-star, developed him, get better team wise year after year, offered him more money than any other team and he still left. The Jazz turned out fine but its scary to see that a team can do everything right and players still want to bounce. This hurts small markets b/c you never see players forcing their way to Utah, New Orleans, Memphis, etc.

That's their problem. There's winners and losers in any market right?

The truth is that the owners and those that are pro-owners want to pretend they're getting the short end of the stick and pretend to ignore the fact that the League as a whole is a growing giant and is generating a **** ton of revenue. Bet them ****** wouldn't trade in revenue sharing if it meant "no more superteams".

Can't act like the game ain't fair when you aren't doing what you need to do as a franchise to get it done. We have ****TY franchises being ran in the league right now...both small and large markets...because there ARE owners who don't care about winning. The conundrum is that...it's ALL (most) players care about...because we sit around and base their value on their "legacies" on all this ridiculous ****.

OKC is as small of a market as it gets and got blessed with 3 of the greatest players in this generation...and ****ed it up because THEY wanted to be cheap. They could have simply paid Harden and been the new Spurs. There was no "rule" that prevented them from doing so.

That's why I laugh at ****** who get fake mad at KD because he said "**** ya'll ******, I'ma get these chips and do what I want". And get fake mad at the Warriors for "stacking the deck" even though they sat thru 30+ years of losing and also got blessed with potential stars who maxed out and THEN decided to have some fun in Free Agency with ONE player. :smh:

And that's not for the "fan" **** of hating the villains. That's all for fun.

I'm talking about the ****** who really believe that "unfair" ****.

Another thing...

Gordon Hayward is absolutely a star. But not enough of one to act like losing a player of his caliber was such a "setback" to a franchise :lol:

Burning a ****ing Gordon Hayward jersey? For what :lol: He's not THAT good. That's reserved for GOD-tier ****** like Bron

And as fate would have it they drafted someone younger and arguably better anyway with a late lottery pick

Last edited:
SAS been on a weird creepy scumbag wave lately

Just seen him on the Snoop show or something, saying he's an *** man and a "bottom feeder". "I know I'm employed by Disney but I'm an *** man"

He also makes sure to state who employs him before said sexual comments as well just like that clip

Welp
#youtoo

Just seen him on the Snoop show or something, saying he's an *** man and a "bottom feeder". "I know I'm employed by Disney but I'm an *** man"

He also makes sure to state who employs him before said sexual comments as well just like that clip

Welp

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Her booty was in the other room!

I kid you not, Max Kellerman!

Welp

Think He apologized for that on his radio show iirc

Honestly just waiting on Danny to trade Horford, he played out of his mind this past season, only a matter of time before Danny sees his expiration date :lol:

Honestly just waiting on Danny to trade Horford, he played out of his mind this past season, only a matter of time before Danny sees his expiration date :lol:
Can't get back an equal or better skillset unless it's AD back or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom