Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really acting like KD couldn't have more 40 or 50 point games if he wanted to??

I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he'd rather score 25-30 every single night than go for 40-50.

He's clearly not gunning for that and his teams have consistently won. Im not gonna hold his relative lack of 40 and 50 point games against him.

I actually don't think he could because of precisely what you said he doesn't WANT to (ie he downt have that mentality that I mentioned MJ & Bean had earlier). KD too worried about his FG & TS% to completely annihilate you by scoring like those two would regularly.

READY FOR IT ALL

DkM-rSoU8AAuqJw.jpg:large

Houston’s season boils down to one playoff series against one team, and he can’t share the floor with Harden against that team. Should’ve prioritized Nunnally after Luc left. Nwaba’s a dog too, plays within himself on offense as well.
I agree with your first part (you can probably add a full Celtics squad now though too), however -

They went after Nunnally, but decided on Ennis instead. He's the Luc replacement. Melo is the Ryno replacement. Whoever they try to trade Ryno for, or hope to get in the buyout market with the remainder of the MLE, will be the Ariza replacement. That's how I look at it.

While Nunnally (promising Euroleague stint but who knows?) or Nwaba (I'm not as high on him as some of you guys are on here. I've never been impressed watching him play, but maybe I'm wrong) would probably help, I don't think front office finds them as the quintessential game changer against the Warriors after they added Boogie. Otherwise, they'd been long snatched up with our MLE. Teams aren't throwing bags at those guys. Let's not forget, not just this thread, but nearly the entire NBA fanbase already penciled in the Warriors to repeat REGARDLESS of what any other team did this off-season. The Rockets are trying to target who they think would be difference makers (albeit bad contracts), hence all the trade rumors, such as James Johnson, Batum, Bazemore, etc... It's possible that still might not be enough.

I think it would be asinine to judge the current roster as it is right now though when there's most likely more moves to be made as the season progresses. I'm pretty sure we (and Morey) know the current roster is not enough right now, but they'll still be the 2nd or 3rd best team overall at worst. As of right now, I think the floor is definitely lower, but the ceiling is slightly higher. You hope Melo finds some old form with a team that caters to his strengths and some weaknesses. He's shown nothing but being washed lately, but this is one of the best situations he could have asked for. Of course a championship is the main goal, but the Rockets have been surpassing expectations almost every year Harden and/or Morey have been here. I think some here will be surprised (most likely just keep talking reckless though). Dudes saying they'll be the 5th seed or so-and-so team will be better than them this year probably don't believe it themselves or they'd put large money up at bookmakers (and lose).

I agree with your first part (you can probably add a full Celtics squad now though too), however -

They went after Nunnally, but decided on Ennis instead. He's the Luc replacement. Melo is the Ryno replacement. Whoever they try to trade Ryno for, or hope to get in the buyout market with the remainder of the MLE, will be the Ariza replacement. That's how I look at it.

While Nunnally (promising Euroleague stint but who knows?) or Nwaba (I'm not as high on him as some of you guys are on here. I've never been impressed watching him play, but maybe I'm wrong) would probably help, I don't think front office finds them as the quintessential game changer against the Warriors after they added Boogie. Otherwise, they'd been long snatched up with our MLE. Teams aren't throwing bags at those guys. Let's not forget, not just this thread, but nearly the entire NBA fanbase already penciled in the Warriors to repeat REGARDLESS of what any other team did this off-season. The Rockets are trying to target who they think would be difference makers (albeit bad contracts), hence all the trade rumors, such as James Johnson, Batum, Bazemore, etc... It's possible that still might not be enough.

I think it would be asinine to judge the current roster as it is right now though when there's most likely more moves to be made as the season progresses. I'm pretty sure we (and Morey) know the current roster is not enough right now, but they'll still be the 2nd or 3rd best team overall at worst. As of right now, I think the floor is definitely lower, but the ceiling is slightly higher. You hope Melo finds some old form with a team that caters to his strengths and some weaknesses. He's shown nothing but being washed lately, but this is one of the best situations he could have asked for. Of course a championship is the main goal, but the Rockets have been surpassing expectations almost every year Harden and/or Morey have been here. I think some here will be surprised (most likely just keep talking reckless though). Dudes saying they'll be the 5th seed or so-and-so team will be better than them this year probably don't believe it themselves or they'd put large money up at bookmakers (and lose).

CriminalBouncyHalicore-max-1mb.gif

Higher ceiling.. this is assuming there is absolutely no slippage in vets like Paul, Gordon, Tucker, or even Capela (young but got a bag, good that there's incentives in his deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom