Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down for Lebron if we can somehow keep Ingram and Ball from getting shipped out. I don't want a repeat of Cleveland where they trade the young gun for a vet to appease Lebron's "Win Now" needs. Granted, with hindsight, we see that Wiggins isn't everything people hoped for and having Kevin Love resulted in a chip.

It still sounds doubtful that he ends up here though. Ah wells, Let's go Lakers!

I don’t think they can afford to re-sign Randle to a potential max contract if they’re signing both Bron and PG to max contracts. And I beg to differ that depending on a front court of Kuzma and Brook Lopez for defense and rebounding on a team with championship or bust ambitions is getting it done.

Well I was assuming they would either try to stretch Deng or attach a first with him to trade him out so they had space. And I would be inclined to say that Lebron would play PF before Kuzma, but there are definitely questions that would have to be answered.

I'm sure if Bron and PG went there then you would get your standard ring chasers to sign for vet minimums and MLEs

I don't think the Lakers can keep Randle if they go for either PG or LeBron. I thought I read it wouldn't work financially.

I think they would have to find a way to get rid of Deng or stretch his contract. I've been wrong before though. That's obviously a big if, but it is in the same boat as getting rid of Ryan Anderson to do a sign and trade for Lebron.

I know this is dominated by Lebron talk.

But what will the Thunder do with Melo? I know he is not leaving 28mill on the table, but also I know they do NOT want him there next season.
Work a buyout?
Trade him for something to match salaries (if he agrees) such as Ryan Anderson? Gallo and a Player to Clips? Deng and Hart for Melo if Bron goes there? Just throwing out ideas.

I could see Ryan Anderson going there since Russ needs floor spacers bad, and Melo is about equivalent to Anderson at this point anyways hahaha

Something other than the lebron talk.

I don't think the Lakers can keep Randle if they go for either PG or LeBron. I thought I read it wouldn't work financially.

It can if you stretch Deng.
Or better, attach some first round picks to his contract and trade it to a team can absorb it. Kinda like Carrol or Dlo to the Raptors last year.

But what will the Thunder do with Melo? I know he is not leaving 28mill on the table, but also I know they do NOT want him there next season.
Work a buyout?
Trade him for something to match salaries (if he agrees) such as Ryan Anderson? Gallo and a Player to Clips? Deng and Hart for Melo if Bron goes there? Just throwing out ideas.

I could see Ryan Anderson going there since Russ needs floor spacers bad, and Melo is about equivalent to Anderson at this point anyways hahaha

They'll probably wait until they see what happens with PG but they should just buy him out and be done with him. he's getting top 10 money while being at best a number 3 option on damn near any team

871ff0b41505181118295dd508c84e7a.jpg

CP3 wants to get paid, Capela probably due and they want Bron. How's that going to work and honestly, would that be enough to topple Golden State especially if you have to gut the roster to make room for Lebron?

CP3 wants to get paid, Capela probably due and they want Bron. How's that going to work and honestly, would that be enough to topple Golden State especially if you have to gut the roster to make room for Lebron?

definitely wouldn't be enough, especially because cp3 will be hurt and harden will more than likely disappear during some stretch in the playoffs. They'll also lose valuable wind defenders and probably replace them with some 38 yr old spot up shooters:smh:

Work a buyout?

They’re stuck unfortunately.

Nobody wants to pay Melo almost 30 mil, and it’d be silly to give away a multiple 1st rounders just for cap relief when they just got beat in round 1 for the 2nd straight year and need all the help they can get.

Melo is also not leaving a cent on the table so they’re probably not even gonna ask his agent about a buyout :lol:

He’s also Iverson 2.0 in that he has zero interest in coming off the bench, so this next stage in his career will be interesting to say the least.

Melo for Deng straight up
Melo for Ryan Anderson straight up

Who say's no in those deals

Those are about the only 2 things I could see happening other than staying in OKC. Salary matches perfect.

If the lakers do not stretch Deng or trade him and get Bron and PG I could see them going for that for a year, but more than likely I could see Houston doing that. OKC would rather have Anderson than Melo at this point to stretch the floor for Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom