Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When projected first-round pick Jaren Jackson met with the Oklahoma City Thunder, team executives asked him to sell them a pen, a move reminiscent of the Wolf of Wall Street movie (Jake Fishcer, Sports Illustrated)

• The Bulls are interested in moving up from the seventh spot in the draft to the third or fourth spot, likely looking to take Michael Porter Jr. (Vincent Goodwill, NBC Sports Chicago)

• The Kings, who hold the second overall pick, are also developing interest in Michael Porter Jr. (Vincent Goodwill, NBC Sports Chicago)

• Warriors GM Bob Myers shared that Draymond Green is helping scout players for the draft and might be in the team's draft room on Thursday night. (Anthony Slater, The Athletic)

• The Cavaliers won't know LeBron James's plan for free agency by draft night. The team is taking calls from other teams looking to move up in the draft via a trade. (Joe Vardon, Cleveland.com)

• The 76ers are interested in taking Kevin Knox with their 10th pick after his private workout with the team on Tuesday. (Keith Pompey, The Philadelphia Inquirer)
Cavs cant trade their pick

Was able to hang out with Steve Ballmer and some of the Clippers FO yesterday. We had Robert Williams in for a meeting. Good kid. If we don't move up, I fully expect to take Rob.
you like Rob? I'm not too high on him.

In a perfect world, Sexton slips to the Clips and I wouldnt even care what they did with the other pick.

When projected first-round pick Jaren Jackson met with the Oklahoma City Thunder, team executives asked him to sell them a pen, a move reminiscent of the Wolf of Wall Street movie (Jake Fishcer, Sports Illustrated)

• The Cavaliers won't know LeBron James's plan for free agency by draft night. The team is taking calls from other teams looking to move up in the draft via a trade. (Joe Vardon, Cleveland.com)

I'm a big Lebron fan, definitely my favorite non-Lakers player, but I have to criticize him for the way he leaves teams hanging. Management can't effectively build teams about you if you don't communicate your intentions/ideas/timeline AT ALL.

Lebron can't simultaneously say "my GM is incompetent and can't build a good team around me" and also not communicate with the GM at all. All the best stars work with their management to recruit other players, talk about the direction of the team going forward, etc. Lebron needs to realize that his "zero contact until whenever I'm ready approach", hurts the team he's playing for and ultimately hurts him and his legacy because his team is in the dark about their best players intentions and they can't make decisions with all the information. If they knew Lebron were staying, that #8 pick would've been traded months ago, if they knew Lebron were staying they'd probably have Paul George right now.

sean marks cleaning things up and setting brooklyn nets up nicely

dwight being hated in the locker room is more coaches/mgmt wanting him to "grow up"
a lot of his peers enjoy his comedy and antics. probably rubs vets like kobe and nash the wrong way, but there were plenty of guys that sided with dwight as well

I'm a big Lebron fan, definitely my favorite non-Lakers player, but I have to criticize him for the way he leaves teams hanging. Management can't effectively build teams about you if you don't communicate your intentions/ideas/timeline AT ALL.

Lebron can't simultaneously say "my GM is incompetent and can't build a good team around me" and also not communicate with the GM at all. All the best stars work with their management to recruit other players, talk about the direction of the team going forward, etc. Lebron needs to realize that his "zero contact until whenever I'm ready approach", hurts the team he's playing for and ultimately hurts him and his legacy because his team is in the dark about their best players intentions and they can't make decisions with all the information. If they knew Lebron were staying, that #8 pick would've been traded months ago, if they knew Lebron were staying they'd probably have Paul George right now.

It's part of the reason they couldn't get talent in Cleveland the first time around, he wouldn't commit to staying there so guys who may have wanted to go there didn't want to be stuck in Cleveland with no Lebron.

No he’s not. And he’s never been “by far”. Y’all gotta cut that **** out :lol:

Perception man. ****** gonna ride that wave until he's finished :lol: I let them have it. I don't give a **** who the "best player" is anymore. I actually like this super team ****.

Who's trying to build the best team? **** all this top 5 top 10 player ****.

As for the wait vs go all in. There are exceptions to the rule. Normally I'm of the wait argument but top 3 players in their primes just don't become available like this often. Although it seems that way with Bron, KD and Kawhi in consecutive seasons being that way. I think either one of BI or Kuz can and will become all stars in this league, maybe both. But the likelihood of them becoming MVP level talents are slim. There's 3 players I would roll the dice just cause of how good they are now and their ages, that's AD, Giannis, and Kawhi. If you actually have the opportunity to get one of these guys you gotta do it.

Id be alright with the Spurs trading and getting Luka Doncic in the draft somehow. I think Pop could do wonders with him.

I can’t be the only one who remembers Dwight was fairly popular with his teammates in Orlando.

Obviously it all went way, way South.

Who'd want to go back to a bunch of teammates who weren't supportive of you :lol:

Tony talmbout my injury was way worse and I'm already back :lol: :smh:

Nick Young calling for the legalization of cocaine :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom