Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You analytics nerds are ruining basketball :smh:

You nerds would've said Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Jerry Stackhouse, Gilbert Arenas were all empty stats guys back in the 2000s.

Booker is a good young player with a very bright future, but anything more than about 24M a year I would have told him to kick rocks.

He probably would not have gotten that type of dough from anyone else on the open market either.

Those type of bad contracts set franchises back for years, I know Phoenix isn’t a free agent destination, so those guys have to draft well and sometimes over pay guys but nah I couldn’t do it.

You analytics nerds are ruining basketball :smh:

You nerds would've said Ray Allen, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Jerry Stackhouse, Gilbert Arenas were all empty stats guys back in the 2000s.

Only one of those names you listed was a contributor on a championship team.

Kristaps Porzingis is eligible for the same extension. And I feel like nobody would think it was "crazy" if he got $155 M's for some reason.

With the cap steadily increasing these guys are going to keep getting crazy contracts.

It will get to the point where if a player can get around 30M a year he probably won’t even care as much about the max.

He brings more to the table than Devin Booker tho

Whatever. He's in the same exact tier of player. Devin Booker is an ELITE scorer. You guys can act like that's "only one thing" but there aren't exactly 21 year olds growing on trees that can do that one thing.

He's putting up "empty stats" based on the fact his team hasn't won...just like the Knicks haven't won ****.

It's the max extension he was eligible to sign after his 3rd season. For comparison, Kobe signed his for 6 years, $70 million after his 3rd year. The maximum allowed under the CBA at the time for his extension. The "analytics" would have said he wasn't worth that.

Booker is good and his skills translate to a good team. He's like Kyrie pre-Lebron.
giphy.gif

Given the circumstances, I think it would have been idiotic for the Sun's not to give Booker that money.

It should be common sense :lol:. They can't afford not to. If you draft a player, and that player becomes your franchise player it's protocol to sign him the maximum extension. I think fans don't understand inflation and are being wowed at these big numbers. They see a number like "$150 million" and instantly think that's reserved for the KD's, Bron's, etc.

We see this overreaction every summer now.

CJ McCollum getting his $100 million extension
Embiid getting 148
(It's looking bad so far but) Wiggins getting his 146.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom