Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's gonna sign there if Kawhi leaves?
Players were never running to Spurs to play with Kawhi, they were going to Spurs to play for Pop

What I think the secret plan is, is to have OG learn from Kawhi and try to copy his game.

Raptors had 5th best defence in the NBA last year. It can only get better with Kawhi and Green.

I thought it was inevitable if he got a good offer. I was never "fine" with it. Once the FA money dried, up it made it more realistic they'd be able to make a QO for him and bring him back.

Shouldn't come as a surprise that Celtics fans are happy about this. Every Celtics fan I know knew it would hurt their back court D if he dipped.

I'm surprised he didn't sign for 1 year and become a UFA next summer

If they just wanted to get rid of Derozan they could’ve gotten a package with picks or young players. They essentially used him as a salary dump.
But I understand the trade for both teams.

Smart getting a deal from Boston. Boston stacked af. No one in the east is close if they at full strength. 2nd best team in the L and will give the warriors a run for they money , if not just outright beat them.

tumblr_p7xdsaeasa1r2pp2to1_400.gif

Bro I'm talking about the raptors rebuild. Who's gonna sign there if Kawhi leaves? They'll be looking for a player as good as DeRozan near the same age on a similar deal.

Yup. Basically shortened their psedo-contending window by 2 seasons

Bro I'm talking about the raptors rebuild. Who's gonna sign there if Kawhi leaves? They'll be looking for a player as good as DeRozan near the same age on a similar deal.
I'm sure Raptors rebuild would be through the draft and the young core they already have.

Look at Philly and Boston.

Man, that "you're next" tweet to Damian Lillard had me crying at my desk. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure Raptors rebuild would be through the draft and the young core they already have.

Look at Philly and Boston.
Philly and Boston are the teams that it worked out for. There's plenty of other teams that have been absolute ish teams for years where it hasn't worked out .

So out of his 10 minute interview that's what you concluded. His whole rant that 1st was trying to model what BOS & HOU did last year by having multiple guys who can playmake as well as tough minded players with playoff experience. If Lance being able to get his own shot was all you took from that, you weren't listening.

I heard the whole thing. His rationale was poor. Don’t like your bias cloud your judgement.

Raptors took on alot of expiring contracts
Would be smart to flip kawhi at the deadline for picks to dump lowrys contract

I don’t think they dump Kawhi at the deadline. They’re going to try to resign him. No way he declines the $230+m

Lowry is someone they’ll consider dumping. If all else fails, it starts the inevitable rebuild. I’m shocked the Spurs didn’t demand more younger players along with picks.

I don’t think they dump Kawhi at the deadline. They’re going to try to resign him. No way he declines the $230+m

Lowry is someone they’ll consider dumping. If all else fails, it starts the inevitable rebuild. I’m shocked the Spurs didn’t demand more younger players along with picks.

Co-sign, especially the second part of this post.

DeRozan is a very nice player but the Spurs should have involved a couple of other teams if possible and try to go after some high draft picks.

That would have been the smarter move long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom