Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
“That’s why I can’t deal with Eddie Hearn to this day. They wasn’t straightforward. They contradict, even to their own country. And they are compulsive liars.

“Eddie Hearn is a straight liar, I can’t deal with him. I never want to see him. The only time I want to see him is at the fight (against Joshua).

“You just don’t call my manager names like ‘Shirley Winkle’. It’s like, c’mon bro – how old are you? – You up here trying to make the biggest fight in the world and you talking about ‘Shirly Winkle’?

“That oughta let you know that he wasn’t prepared or ready (for that offer).”

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/03/19/deontay-wilder-eddie-hearn-winkle/

:lol: they really pressed over ‘Shirley Winkle’

Eddie said in the video that DAZN's offer to Wilder included the first fight being in the US.

Welp I guess that "Al ain't like other promoters, he actually CARES about his fighters" meme can finally die.

:smh:

We've yet to hear all of the fine print details of the offer made to Wilder by DAZN. OR whatever he's getting paid by Showtime. I'll reserve judgement for now, but on it's face it doesn't look good at all.

DCEDA055-B47B-40EC-84B8-06FE38290FA8.jpeg
179FCEF4-24DA-4F8D-B109-7BA34BAE44EA.jpeg

Dude took two steps forward with the Fury fight being a success, then took 3 steps back. They both should’ve ran that one back immediately...no excuses.

Hearn is a clown to me, but at least these Dazn guys are active. I’ve seen more Gabe Rosado fights in the last 12 months than I have the Charlos, more Tevin Farmer than I have Tank.

Floyd ruined the game in certain aspects, man. These PBC guys all believe that a loss changes their worth. Not fighting is the reason why some of these guys aren’t draws...you aren’t visible. ::Shrugs::

I read that the pbc isnt what most people think it is and there are reasons these dudes stay over there even though they're constantly inactive.

They have people believing this dude is an "advisor" when hes really a promoter that has his whole stable under secret contracts. Not sure how true it is, but its said that all pbc fighters contracts automatically get renewed for 2 years if haymon gives them a career high purse in a fight. Also. Haymon can block any fight he wants which is why none of these dudes fight each other even if they're in the same stable.

If this is true then it makes perfect sense why wilder didnt take that insane dazn deal and it was because he couldn't with him not being a "free agent" like he claimed to be.

Danny Jacobs did the smartest thing for his career leaving when he did.

DAZN pricing going up to $20 also for those that aren't currently subscribers. Current subscribers will stay at $9.99 until 2020

Definitely prefer Spence vs Porter and Manny vs Thurman. Much rather see Spence vs a top current welterweight, and it sets up Spence vs. Thurman perfectly if they both do what they're supposed to do. Also if Thurman loses to Manny then he wouldn't have had anything for Spence anyway.

Hopefully Porter goes back to his old style though

Back
Top Bottom