OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

D19OJazUgAIhnpl.jpg:large

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne @newbs24 Harbs saying all the right things right now about the offense changing. We buying?

I don't think he would have brought in Gattis (and Gattis would have came here) if he wasn't serious about changing. Jim's a stubborn guy, but he does listen, and there has been a cabal of analysts pushing him in this direction for a while now (my guy on the staff is one of them).

I still think they should find a role for Mason like how OU uses their FB/HB but there is no reason why we shouldn't be playing out of mostly 11 personnel next season with the talent on this roster. Michigan has three NFL WR's, a RB who can run routes and catch, and a QB who excelled at running RPO's at Ole Miss, the Joe Moorhead/PSU offense should be a perfect fit for their personnel.

Does the USC admin think anything through before they do it?

I'm sorry but this is kind of a silly criticism. College admissions are going out right now and they have to give prospective students an idea of how much cost of tuition will be if they accept the offer and choose to enroll. Most college financial info comes out in the Spring around the close of the fiscal year.

Stew Mandel is being an idiot and fishing for things to critique and write on. If he had actually looked into or asked anyone why he'd have realized it's a pretty simple answer.

*Disclaimer: I'm not a USC alum and don't particularly think highly of it as an academic institution alone*

i can't have BBQ sauce, unfortunately. Allergic to tomatoes. Brutal

EDIT: just noticed you said you can’t have BBQ sauce, not that you can’t have BBQ. Whoops ...

If you’re getting brisket, sausage, or ribs, etc. chances are they don’t have sauce it. I could be wrong, but I can’t recall getting any meat in TX where I didn’t add the sauce myself. So, you should be able to get away with BBQ? I moved before they opened up the Killen’s in Pearland, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about that place. One of the first places I’m going to hit up when I go back to Houston.

Not too sure how much citrus or tomatoes they use in Tex-Mex, but I’m sure the queso, sour cream, and guacamole will drown everything out, including your allergies :lol:.

0F554B67-3980-4B64-B2E5-99737C41B568.png 94939B4F-9382-4824-984B-C7111AD2C8E6.png 909FFD90-793F-4CB2-A638-14C87F10A64A.png

I'm sorry but this is kind of a silly criticism. College admissions are going out right now and they have to give prospective students an idea of how much cost of tuition will be if they accept the offer and choose to enroll. Most college financial info comes out in the Spring around the close of the fiscal year.

Stew Mandel is being an idiot and fishing for things to critique and write on. If he had actually looked into or asked anyone why he'd have realized it's a pretty simple answer.

*Disclaimer: I'm not a USC alum and don't particularly think highly of it as an academic institution alone*
I think the critique is that increasing tuition amidst all of this is pretty dumb. I realized that tuitions are announced around this time.

But speaking of stupid critiques.

They do need to fire Lynn Swann. He's a **** Athletic Director.

Speaking of, word is Carol Folt from UNC is the new SC school president. Meh.

Nah we want to see Tate play. Is he gonna win the job?
Honestly I'm not sure. First day of practice was today and it's an entirely new offense, but I honestly don't know if he's more physically talented than Jarren or N'Kosi. Maturity and experience might win it for him in the end.

He's *** my dude.

But good for Tate and good for college athletes on the whole if this does indeed set the new precedent.

Last edited:
He's *** my dude.

But good for Tate and good for college athletes on the whole if this does indeed set the new precedent.
I was never crazy about him transferring there. Think the other guys are more talented. Enos had Jalen Hurts looking miles better after working with him too though. Not extremely worried either way.

I don't think he would have brought in Gattis (and Gattis would have came here) if he wasn't serious about changing. Jim's a stubborn guy, but he does listen, and there has been a cabal of analysts pushing him in this direction for a while now (my guy on the staff is one of them).

I still think they should find a role for Mason like how OU uses their FB/HB but there is no reason why we shouldn't be playing out of mostly 11 personnel next season with the talent on this roster. Michigan has three NFL WR's, a RB who can run routes and catch, and a QB who excelled at running RPO's at Ole Miss, the Joe Moorhead/PSU offense should be a perfect fit for their personnel.

Gattis is going to take over offense and the boosters told him that and analyst telling him that. Now Don Brown is really stubborn for not switching to Zone/Cover 2 and not taking Watson out. The only thing that Harbaugh needs to do is to be CEO and handle clock management because it was bad last year.

Back
Top Bottom