**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the shaq>Kobe debate; I’d def choose shaq. Dude led the Lakers including Kobe to chips. Dude was just another kind of player. But like y’all mentioned Kobe gets more love bc folks love flashy guards.

It’s a toss up. You could make a compelling case for both. Now if Shaq was more motivated, especially after 2003. It would be Shaq without a doubt.

That team could’ve legitimately won 5 straight titles had Shaq been in shape and fully motivated and Kobe not acted like an *******.

It’s a toss up. You could make a compelling case for both. Now if Shaq was more motivated, especially after 2003. It would be Shaq without a doubt.

That team could’ve legitimately won 5 straight titles had Shaq been in shape and fully motivated and Kobe not acted like an *******.
Agreed. I wanna slap both shaq and bean for being idiots. But someone was a diva and drove Batman away

In today's game, no way I'm taking Shaq.
You don't think that you could change things, by remaking the game around a Shaq? Big boy was an athlete off the charts. He could run, lead the break, and he got bigger over time to fight back against hard fouls. That worked to his detriment athletically, but when he was lean? LSU Shaq was downright freakish. Zion is nasty, but he isn't seven foot.

You don't think that you could change things, by remaking the game around a Shaq? Big boy was an athlete off the charts. He could run, lead the break, and he got bigger over time to fight back against hard fouls. That worked to his detriment athletically, but when he was lean? LSU Shaq was downright freakish. Zion is nasty, but he isn't seven foot.
Is Zion even 6-6?

Agreed. I wanna slap both shaq and bean for being idiots. But someone was a diva and drove Batman away

Egos are crazy on that level. Kobe was a ****. He deserves all the criticism that he got in terms of dealing with teammates etc. He’s probably my favorite player of all time, but I’m not going to act like he didn’t act the way he did.

Shaq left pretty much every team he was on on shaky terms. And with all that, they won 3 straight.

I’m legit curious to how it was in that locker room during those years.

Egos are crazy on that level. Kobe was a ****. He deserves all the criticism that he got in terms of dealing with teammates etc. He’s probably my favorite player of all time, but I’m not going to act like he didn’t act the way he did.

Shaq left pretty much every team he was on on shaky terms. And with all that, they won 3 straight.

I’m legit curious to how it was in that locker room during those years.
Probably a shipwreck

I mean in his early stages, he prolly could keep up. But after LA, you couldn't trust Shaq with his conditioning so I wouldn't know what to expect from him. Take away shooters from Shawn along with his inability to shoot free throws, he has a few weaknesses. To me, Kobe's main weakness is himself. Nobody could stop him but himself.

I mean in his early stages, he prolly could keep up. But after LA, you couldn't trust Shaq with his conditioning so I wouldn't know what to expect from him. Take away shooters from Shawn along with his inability to shoot free throws, he has a few weaknesses. To me, Kobe's main weakness is himself. Nobody could stop him but himself.
It took too much for Kobe to carry a team, needed the ball too much. Kobe needed a distraction, unless he'd shoot the ball with four people on him unlike Shaq, who was the distraction. Shaq had his weaknesses, but he weaknesses created problems for the opposing teams. Foul him too much, at the end of the game your big isn't in there to guard him.

He looked solid in 04-05 because he was pissed and wanted to spite the Lakers. By 05-06 there was a noticeable drop off in play. I remember reading his book and reading how he got tired of Pat Rileys demanding approach midway through his second season there.

Shaq had a helluva career though. Plus was on songs with Biggie and Mobb Deep on top of that.

It took too much for Kobe to carry a team, needed the ball too much. Kobe needed a distraction, unless he'd shoot the ball with four people on him unlike Shaq, who was the distraction. Shaq had his weaknesses, but he weaknesses created problems for the opposing teams. Foul him too much, at the end of the game your big isn't in there to guard him.

Like someone said, the case can be made for both. For long term, and in retrospect, I'm just putting it all on Kobe.

Wanna act like 2008-2010 never happened. Y'all boys GOOFY

He looked solid in 04-05 because he was pissed and wanted to spite the Lakers. By 05-06 there was a noticeable drop off in play. I remember reading his book and reading how he got tired of Pat Rileys demanding approach midway through his second season there.

Shaq had a helluva career though. Plus was on songs with Biggie and Mobb Deep on top of that.

Yeah bruh got fat quick after that first ring. Him in Boston was the last straw for me :smh:

Like someone said, the case can be made for both. For long term, and in retrospect, I'm just putting it all on Kobe.
Yeah, the discussion is hip though. I am old school with the game. I miss the physicality. This euro inspired game is too soft. The big men who'd drop step, then put it on someone's head. Strong guards like Jason Kidd being able to take the hit without complaint. If there is one thing I do not like about LeBron, he complains way too much about getting hit. Kobe is the last of those dudes who could actually take it, I'll give him that.

Yeah, the discussion is hip though. I am old school with the game. I miss the physicality. This euro inspired game is too soft. The big men who'd drop step, then put it on someone's head. Strong guards like Jason Kidd being able to take the hit without complaint. If there is one thing I do not like about LeBron, he complains way too much about getting hit. Kobe is the last of those dudes who could actually take it, I'll give him that.

Yeah Lebron crys way too much when it comes to this. I don't get it either. We all played on the streets, got physical and never cried like these dudes. And they have too I don't understand why the league doesn't enforce a no tolerance approach. The players shouldn't even talk to the ref. It should be if you complain to the ref, even in a passive tone, you should get a tech. That will eliminate all the complaining.

Yeah Lebron crys way too much when it comes to this. I don't get it either. We all played on the streets, got physical and never cried like these dudes. And they have too I don't understand why the league doesn't enforce a no tolerance approach. The players shouldn't even talk to the ref. It should be if you complain to the ref, even in a passive tone, you should get a tech. That will eliminate all the complaining.
I disagree with that part. You should be able to discuss the call with the ref. Jordan and the rest used to cover their mouths with the jersey when they did this. You should not show up the ref, but there also is something that we do not see going on during the game. I simply don't like the way LeBron handles it. He is too important to the league to just throw up his hands, while the team is running the other way.

I disagree with that part. You should be able to discuss the call with the ref. Jordan and the rest used to cover their mouths with the jersey when they did this. You should not show up the ref, but there also is something that we do not see going on during the game. I simply don't like the way LeBron handles it. He is too important to the league to just throw up his hands, while the team is running the other way.

I agree with discussing but that should be where it stops.Complaining and yelling doesn't change calls. And essentially the players are just whining, whether it's a bad call or not. The majority of time the call is justified.

I agree with discussing but that should be where it stops.Complaining and yelling doesn't change calls. And essentially the players are just whining, whether it's a bad call or not. The majority of time the call is justified.
It does not change calls immediately, but there are makeup calls where the benefit of the doubt is given. I am sure that many here have played organized ball at some level. How you deal with refs can have the official look at the game and certain plays more carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom