**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically

NO can do whatever they want.

I’m tempted to say if I was Rob, I would play chicken with NOP and tell them it’s the 30th or nothing. NOP has a lot more to lose than LAL, IMO. What are they gonna do? Take their ball and go home then let AD walk next summer for nothing?

Okay, here was the actual Wiggins-Love rule:

The trade cannot be completed until Aug. 23 because draft picks cannot be dealt until 30 days after signing a contract. Wiggins, 19, signed his rookie deal on July 24.

-NYT, July 2014

So whoever is taken No. 4 just can’t sign that rookie contract.

I thought it was any trade that takes place or is processed after a player’s officially been selected in the draft, which would apply for both?
I think if you done prior or during the draft it gets announced before Aug. Remember the Jrue/Nerlens trade was during the draft and was announced in July. I could be wrong

I’m tempted to say if I was Rob, I would play chicken with NOP and tell them it’s the 30th or nothing. NOP has a lot more to lose than LAL, IMO. What are they gonna do? Take their ball and go home then let AD walk next summer for nothing?
You move him to the Knicks or something lol or Brooklyn

You move him to the Knicks or something lol or Brooklyn

You let Knicks fans tell it, they had a better package than the Lakers. I’m not sure if those ther teams make the move without gout certainty that he’d be back or they could go on a Raps-esque run.

Okay, here was the actual Wiggins-Love rule:

-NYT, July 2014

So whoever is taken No. 4 just can’t sign that rookie contract.
They waited that late because the Cavs couldn't make up the salary difference to bring in Love. Teams can trade draft rights to players (zero money), but in the Love and Davis situations, teams want the salary to count to make the numbers work.

D9NPWIFU0AArIr3.jpg

:pimp:

BBB
Zion
BI aka Slickest ***** in the league

Can FINALLY root for my guys man. The young bruvas got freed!

:pimp:. Go Pels!

According to a report by Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News, several NBA agents are starting to believe that Robertson has intentionally distorted Leonard’s rapport with San Antonio to a point where it was beyond repair, so that he could establish a new marketing company with his nephew as the face of the brand.

There is growing suspicion among a collection of NBA agents — a naturally suspicious group — that Robertson is aiming to build his own marketing company with his nephew as its signature client, and would like to position Leonard in a glamour market to do so. Multiple agents say Robertson — a former banking executive — has approached other players about wanting to be their manager.

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James’ agent, Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, told Chris Broussard of Fox Sports that James hasn’t been in contact with Kawhi Leonard and wasn’t in Philadelphia recently recruiting him to the Lakers.

Leonard becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer once he declines his 2019-20 player option with the Toronto Raptors. When he requested a trade from the San Antonio Spurs, Leonard reportedly had the Lakers and Clippers as the two teams he wanted to be traded to.

The Lakers have cap space this summer to sign a star free agent to pair next to LeBron:

ESPN published a feature in May 2018 about the apparent problems between Kawhi Leonard and the San Antonio Spurs. Citing sources, the network quoted persons familiar with the situation saying that the Spurs felt that Leonard’s advisors, notably Dennis Robertson, had an “ulterior motive” and were trying to earn Leonard a trade to Philadelphia, New York or Los Angeles. In the midst of Leonard’s 2018 injury problems, the Spurs said that Robertson had been pressing for Leonard to get an outside opinion on his health.

The article goes on to describe Robertson as “difficult” and alleges, citing sources, that Leonard’s uncle was “trying to parlay his nephew’s success into his own marketing company.” Robertson is not a certified agent and was trying to set up a company similar to LeBron James’ company, LRMR, according to ESPN. A source is then quoted as saying that Leonard “really trusts” Robertson. ESPN reported in March 2018 that Robertson had walked away from a $22 million extension offer from the Spurs because he felt it was not good enough for Leonard.

D5NHuGGW0AAHF4T.jpg

:wink:

No one is even really saying that :lol: Most Lakers fans are saying it depends on what happens with the 3rd Max + Vet Mins vs. filling out the roster with depth. There’s also the unknown of how much cap space we’ll have based on the parameters of the trade.

After six years of what Lakers mismanagement and missed draft picks, they got a superstar for the second year in a row and can be in a situation to make a run with a hobbled GSW. Lakers and their fans were the laughing stock of the league and this thread for six years. Let them talk their **** for a few days :lol:

It’s like when one of ya mans comes off a dry spell, even if the yamb is subpar, you’re happy to see get back on the right track.
Using that metaphor, your homie is coming back talking hella **** about your yambs your banging out, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom