Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

If we swapped all of our vets with the Warriors for DLo I think both teams would be in a much better position :lol:

Thought so too. That trade would me a lot of sense.

I can also see DLo being traded to the Wiz for Beal as they try to rebuild.

Last edited:
Playoffs should be the goal, three top 10 talents in two years (RJ/Knox/Mitch) along
With all the vets,

just to tank ?

I got us booked for a 25 win season, if everything goes as averaged - meaning noone really excels or anything like that.

If players step up and chemistry is built, I got the ceiling at 38 wins with possible 8th seed contention.

I think that the fact that we have so many players will bite us in the *** early. Its gonna be about 20 games or so of “figuring out lineups”, meaning soothing egos vs winning games.

I'm expecting playoffs period.

However if we don't make it to 35, heads have to roll.

Last year there were about 15 or more games that we were close and we had no leadership or closers. Not to mentioned that dudes that where doing well got taken out for Mudiay or THJr (momentum stoppers).

Obviously we lack the superstars and you can say that our talent is not tier 1. However, we have dudes that can play solid and pur young dudes looked solid.

There's no way 25 win is acceptable.

Philadelphia
Boston
Milwaukee
Toronto
Indiana
NJ
Miami

We can say they have better teams because of their superstars.

Detroit
Charlotte
Chicago
Atlanta
Cleveland
Orlando
Washington

Are not head and shoulders over the Knicks and our overall talent is greater IMO.

So that last playoff spot is attainable.

We could win 35 games if everything goes right, which rarely happens.

Our two best players are Julius Randle & Marcus Morris. I'm just trying to temper expectations. This is only year two of the rebuild.
I don't mind this, but no more tanking, it's not necessary. If not playoffs, somewhere between where NO or Charlotte was so we're still in position for a good pick, but enough for the team to show promise.

I feel you. It’ll be really hard to sell a 25 win season to the fan base at this point imo. It’ll be all talk and just a waste of bringing all these vets in. Wouldn’t mind the 25 wins if we just stuck with the young guys, but I highly doubt we will.

Unless Payton plays his *** off or DSJ takes that next step, point guard play is still our biggest weakness.

If we swapped all of our vets with the Warriors for DLo I think both teams would be in a much better position :lol:

This could be the plan

I honestly don’t care about how many wins we have. Last season we could’ve doubled our win total and Fiz would sub out hot guys or do weird benching to solidify the loss. This year I just want them to be competitive from start to finish with our young core getting ample minutes to grow together.

DSJR should start with RJ,Knox,Randle, and Mitch.

That second unit with -
Payton, Trier, and Iggy

Is going to have the garden shaking.

Yeah after this years tank, there's no incentive to tank. Go out there and play to win.
Man its gonna hit some of y'all hard when you realize we werent tanking much last year and just suck.

Especially when Fiz lets it's be known that this season is us going out there and playing to win.

Last edited:
Man its gonna hit some of y'all hard when you realize we werent tanking much last year and just suck.

Especially lets it's be known that this season is us going out there and playing to win.

Teams and coaches don't tank, GM's do based on the personnel they bring in. Last season FO knew KP wasn't going to play and used their space to bring in guys as part of a "2nd Draft" to see if they could stick. It was clear tanking was the goal.

This year they brought in a lot of competitive guys who filled spots of need on the roster or were D&3 guys, drafted a top 3 pick, and brought in their G League coach who was known for player development.

I don't think they are going to tank. I see them trying to teach these young guys how to win, and also build up value for their tradeable pieces...... by winning. I definitely see them pushing around 30 wins.

Back
Top Bottom