Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Man its gonna hit some of y'all hard when you realize we werent tanking much last year and just suck.

Especially lets it's be known that this season is us going out there and playing to win.
My expectations are realistic ... Phx won 19 games being a west team and I truly believe we have better talent and a better roster in a weak east. But if we fail and we are a bottom feeder, you need to dead *** look at the coach.

And if that was to happen, well, I been a lifelong Knick fan, business as usual, wont be dissappinted.

:emoji_dollar:
9667416F-9A96-4C02-BE84-0CA522542133.jpeg

Teams and coaches don't tank, GM's do based on the personnel they bring in. Last season FO knew KP wasn't going to play and used their space to bring in guys as part of a "2nd Draft" to see if they could stick. It was clear tanking was the goal.

This year they brought in a lot of competitive guys who filled spots of need on the roster or were D&3 guys, drafted a top 3 pick, and brought in their G League coach who was known for player development.

I don't think they are going to tank. I see them trying to teach these young guys how to win, and also build up value for their tradeable pieces...... by winning. I definitely see them pushing around 30 wins.
Again, whether a front office intends to tank or not it doesn't matter if the team actually sucks.

The front office made a bunch of 2nd option moves and they made them cuz that was better than signing no one. There's no way doing just the cap space requirements would reflect well on the team this off season. So they made moves they feel would make the team better.

That don't really change how bad the team will be in the east.

This is why I askes if dudes seriously wanted/thought this team to/would be in the playoffs.

Last edited:
My expectations are realistic ... Phx won 19 games being a west team and I truly believe we have better talent and a better roster in a weak east. But if we fail and we are a bottom feeder, you need to dead *** look at the coach.

And if that was to happen, well, I been a lifelong Knick fan, business as usual, wont be dissappinted.
Man, I always had issues with Fiz. Dont think he's the guy to groom young talentx hqve them improve, or evwn put them in positions to grow and thrive.

I just feel its gonna be a long road if we strictly going the make an eventual great team by attaining young talent.

To be fair, the former lottery picks we had last year signed deals within the first few days of free agency, so they were valued at least a bit. If not, they’d still be looking for a job. They just weren’t worth staying on this team, where we need starters and players to build and grow with. We literally played with a GL roster last season, where we have a mix of young talent and vets now. We’re definitely shooting for the playoffs.

Again, whether a front office intends to tank or not it doesn't matter if the team actually sucks.

The front office made a bunch of 2nd option moves and they made them cuz that was better than signing no one. There's no way doing just the cap space requirements would reflect well on the team this off season. So they made moves they feel would make the team better.

That don't really change how bad the team will be in the east.

This is why I askes if dudes seriously wantee this team to be in the playoffs.

I actually agree with you that we won’t be a playoff team this year. I think at best we are two years away from that, but once we reach it we’ll be there for the better part of a decade (unless unforeseen injuries happen).

I got us in the 30-35 range and us getting wins against better teams cause of off nights or them not coming to play. It’s not glorious but it’s how the youth learns to win games which is the first step to being a good team.

Back
Top Bottom