Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

That’s because they play super team fundamental ball and it’s hard to get in a rhythm with that style when you play hot potato with a ball :lol: and if Varejo is your leading scorer I don’t even know what to say:lol: ok I’m for real I’m done done.

That’s because they play super team fundamental ball and it’s hard to get in a rhythm with that style when you play hot potato with a ball

Flat circle

giphy.gif

Real talk though. A majority of them FIBA teams have been playing for years together with that type of ball, Team USA just puts players together, get a few practices and then play a whole different type of game so it’s given that they will struggle at times.

Do you think a Great FIBA team can come to the NBA and be competitive?

How many games would a starting 5 of Kemba - Mitchell - Tatum - Middleton - Turner win in the NBA? 55-60?

There's a very very good chance team USA loses this tournament. So yes a great FIBA team would wash most NBA teams.

How many games would a starting 5 of Kemba - Mitchell - Tatum - Middleton - Turner win in the NBA? 55-60?

There's a very very good chance team USA loses this tournament. So yes a great FIBA team would wash most NBA teams.
But meshing together is the most important part. It took a little bit for Wade, Bosh and the other guy to mesh. Weren’t they around 500 after 20 something games. It takes awhile to learn how your teammates play and their movements. If you put that same team USA in FIBA and let them play FIBA rules and grow together for awhile before they start real competition they’d dominate. You can’t just throw people together that never really played together before and then send them overseas to play a different style of ball and expect them to dominate off the jump.

These FIBA dudes play for other teams they just get together to play for their country same as the USA. France has Fournier, Batum, Gobert. Serbia has Jokic and Bogdan. Almost every team has some current or past NBA players. They do have the advantage of a familiar playing style though.

Team USA had a month of camp, numerous exhibition games, and are labeled "the greatest players in the world". I'm not one for giving them excuses.

Brazil and their leading scorer Anderson Varajeo just held NBA MVP Giannis to 13 points in a loss. Whats that say :nerd:
:lol: it says Frank is as good as the NBA MVP. I'm not really sure what it's supposed to say though. I gave Frank credit for having a good game, as he should, against a g league roster.

Last edited:
Shoutout Frank. Just gotta stay healthy & bring this energy to the season.

Congratulate Knicks players when they do good

Who has a link to dope Knicks snapbacks? Someone linked me to a faux snakeskin black/gray couple years back that was

Lol at thinking that team wins 55-60 games.

A 6 for 11 sample is what we’re talking about.

I want Frank to work out, but we really come in here and post about 12/3/3 performances.:lol:

If he can score around 8 pts in the league then you can start to discuss him as a player in the same vein as guys like Andre Roberson, Marcus Smart, and Tony Allen. That’s not only a positive for the team, that is legitimate trade value as well.

Him being able to even do 8/3/3 a game with his defense makes him a NBA caliber player.

Bars so low for Frank on offense cause he’s a beast on the other end and still learning. I knew Frank was a real defender one game when he was guarding Wade. But he still gotta find a way to get buckets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom