Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

The team would be really stupid to trade him for a 2nd round pick. Plus teams value 2nd round picks now with the amount of steals there’ve been to pay Frank who hasn’t proved much 6 mill a year

He’s a PG who can have a Golden State Andre Iguodala type impact. That’s my hope for him for the way his NBA play is shaping out.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Dead at Balkman being a better defender. Better at anything really. Shump is trash af and look at the contracts he got over the years after his injuries.

It’s simple at this point. Y’all just don’t like the French kid. Same fan base that preaches patience yet gives up on a 2017 draft pick.
Look at any defensive advanced metric and were better with Frank on the court by miles.

Y’all woulda gave up on Fultz too probably. When RJ looks like utter trash when he can’t get by 75% of the league and shoots 25% from 3 I hope y’all don’t give up on him too.

Look at any defensive advanced metric and were better with Frank on the court by miles.

Those metrics are skewed, especially when a majority of a players minutes are against bench bench players, not saying ALL his minutes were against bench bench players. And most def would’ve gave up on Fultz, how the **** do you forget how to shoot?!?!?

I'm just saying, we gotta use a different measuring stick with this dude. At this point, we're legit excited over him putting up Raymond Felton numbers (and I don't really buy the defensive thing as much as most people say it. He's a decent defender who can be pesky on the perimeter, but he still has a ways to go before we can overlook other things because his defense benefits us that much.

Maybe he'd be better on a better roster (this year should be interesting) where crunch time defense actually matters, but right now he offers almost less than nothing on offense by never being a threat, and his defense does nothing for us because he was one of the only guys who was an average or slightly above average defender last year.

I'm not saying get rid of him, but miss me with highlight videos and excitement over average numbers.

I've been begging for Frank to prove me wrong since draft. "Like" has nothing to do with the facts. He got another year to prove me wrong.

I don’t care about any of the numbers. He’ll never be a boxscore guy unless he’s paired with an elite big for 30 minutes where he can average 8 assists a game. We’ve seen flashes when him and KP shared the floor. The metrics were insane and it wasn’t in meaningless minutes.

I just don’t know any 21 year old who can guard the best player on the opposing team every night. He’s contained Harden, Wade, etc etc in limited minutes. He gets pulled as soon as he makes ANY mistake and that was his major downfall as a Knick. This team drafted him as a project but doesn’t even allow him to make mistakes.

But Franks not coming off a Rookie season. Show me something where a player was terrible his Rookie season and then even worse his 2nd season and turned out to be a decent player.

That’s a crazy graphic more so most of the awards were won by international players. NBA came a long way.

Of course he played good defense in a small sample size. It’s not that hard to let your opponent score 0 points in 4 min. We play 4 on 5 on offense when he’s out there. That’s why he doesn’t play. There’s no positive to him being on the court if he can’t score, but limits James Harden to 25 instead of 35 points. Y’all are the definition of capping when it comes to Frank. 12 points in a FIBA game and y’all are losing it like he’s about to be Scottie Pippen. Coaches don’t play him and NBA teams won’t trade for him bc he doesn’t produce. Defense isn’t valued like it used to be when teams are easily scoring 130 points.

^ do you remember balkman and shump their first 2 years in the league? their defense is what made them stand out especially balkman since thats all he could do... shump was up in coming obviously now hes not that good but his first few years in the league he was a really good defender.... better than frank in that aspect... kinda funny how you would say thats hate when its fax

Is this really a highlight :lol::lol: get the **** outta here! People rahrahing him for plays like this pushes me away!! A ****in 3rd grader could’ve done the same thing.

The Knicks Wall (@TheKnicksWall) Tweeted:
Frankie Dimes on the break to Gobert https://t.co/5nigHjzWVQ

Well he’s still on the team and happens to be the only Knick playing FIBA. They gotta post something.

Trash game from him today. Team was up by 10 going into the 4th, he got benched all quarter and they almost lost. His defensive impact is so big that when he’s not aggressive offensively it’s almost a detriment to the team.

Back
Top Bottom