Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

Evil Empire byke :pimp: our 1-4 is wild.

Didi had a weird last year with us. Felt he was totally different with reporters and beat writers this season versus ones prior

I agree with this. And to be quite honest, I wasn't all that mad yesterday when the news broke. I'll miss him, but I think he was expendable given the play of DJLM & Gleyber.
Hope he rakes with Philly & gets big $ in 2021.

New York Daily News says all indications are Dellin won’t be back.

**** this! Next year it’ll be Tanaka and not being able to re-sign DJ when DJ will get $20mil a year for a few years.

Glad we got Cole, but the Yankees need to stop this penny pinching and pretending there isn't any money to keep the team together. We're not some small market team where money isn't outright available. Biggest team in baseball, splash the damn cash and make ya daddy proud, Hal!

It's not about that. They look at the market value to retain that player versus who they have in the farm and who's gonna be available in the years ahead.

Why give Didi anything when you have Gleyber who played a great SS in his absence as well as the looming Lindor trade.

Yankees are constantly looking years ahead.

Glad we got Cole, but the Yankees need to stop this penny pinching and pretending there isn't any money to keep the team together. We're not some small market team where money isn't outright available. Biggest team in baseball, splash the damn cash and make ya daddy proud, Hal!
its not penny pinching we got 300 mill contracts on stanton and cole and for sure Judge is gonna demand a 275+ mill contract we also gotta retain the core we have already seeing that u just cant buy a championship

really hope we keep DJ lahme

Yankees could have gave Didi 12-15 for this year. we had so many injuries. Pay that.

I think the Yankees are looking at Dellin like we didn't have him all year so we don't really need him. I think that's a huge mistake cause he's probably gonna be on a reasonable one year deal like Didi. Huge mistake to not bring Dellin back.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA, 12 FOR BRETT?!?!?!?! COULDN'T GIVE DIDI 12 OR 15?!?!?!?!?! WHAT IN THE ****

Need Gardy at all cost; Hicks won't be available til August.

With this rule change of RP facing 3 batter minimums is rediculous. Situation runner on 3rd with 2 outs bottom of the 9th and RP walks batter 1 and batter 2; and have to face the 3rd batter with bases loaded with no control with the game on the line ala Ottavino = game lost. RP will be faking injury as per Manger discretion to get out of the game.

Didn’t need Brett Gardner any more than you needed Didi.

2 years more of it sigh. If he puts up .250 and 16HRs and doesn’t steal bases, I’m going to be pissed.

Didn’t need Brett Gardner any more than you needed Didi.

2 years more of it sigh. If he puts up .250 and 16HRs and doesn’t steal bases, I’m going to be pissed.
I mean in all honesty that’s what Didi would probably give you but with a few extra homers and a lower OBP in an even more crowded infield.

I mean in all honesty that’s what Didi would probably give you but with a few extra homers and a lower OBP in an even more crowded infield.
in an even more crowded infield? the guy is top 3 at the SS position defensively with a plus arm from short of 95+ MPH
woulda been nice to conserve gleybers body at 2B and have DD be our regular SS

in an even more crowded infield? the guy is top 3 at the SS position defensively with a plus arm from short of 95+ MPH
woulda been nice to conserve gleybers body at 2B and have DD be our regular SS
No way Didi is a top 3 SS and our infield is definitely more crowded with healthy MLB players than our outfield.

Back
Top Bottom