⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dame is pretty much everybody’s son when it comes to the postseason.

It takes a village...
Looks like the clock is about to strike midnight on Dame Time Son about to disappear and turn into a pumpkin again.
giphy.gif

Guys have games within grasp to improve on standings and losing.

1620156145608.png

Lots of folks acknowledge Russ as a Top 10 PG of all-time and future HOFer IN ADDITION TO praising him for his extraordinary basketball abilities, beautiful family, hard work within marginalized communities and patriotism isn't enough.
People are acting like the 8-0 Bubble run didn't happen :lol: It's not like they were looting like Russ does with his triple doubles. Those were all legit teams. I clown Book as much as the next man for the 70-point post-game picture but some folks let that define the narrative on him when it shouldn't.
I mean you literally called him a looter in this post :lol:

Reactions: MVP
You just said they’re on a 40 win pace, in a 72 game season when Steph plays. That would be 46 win on an 82 game pace. You then go on to say that they would barely reach 40 if he played every game. That is not true, considering they’re 1-8 without him. One would think, they would win more than 1 of those games. Likely half. So that wouldn’t be “barely at 40”.

What on Earth are you confused about here? They're on a 37-win pace overall this season and a 40-win pace when Steph plays. Which makes sense because they're 1-7 without him and if they won half, like you said, that puts them at 4-4 instead.

I mean you literally called him a looter in this post :lol:
I did and maybe we have differing opinions on looting but I stand by that, at least as it pertains to the 2020-2021 season. He is accumulating his triple doubles against below average teams and they don't lead to winning the way it is suggested. Maybe that's not looting but it certainly makes me think differently about his triple doubles.

Dame is Steph's son in every way that's not genetic
Even Dame know. I remember like a month ago a dude in twitter was going at Dame neck about being curry son and Dame started talking about how much money he's made and how his family never had to work again so he's nobody son 🙃😄

I did and maybe we have differing opinions on looting but I stand by that, at least as it pertains to the 2020-2021 season. He is accumulating his triple doubles against below average teams and they don't lead to winning the way it is suggested. Maybe that's not looting but it certainly makes me think differently about his triple doubles.
Overstating impact on winning is not looting :lol:. We both know that. Newsflash, most good players in the NBA have better games against bad teams. Like I said, complaining about general basketball discourse but then doing the same **** when it’s a player you don’t like is no different.

Reactions: MVP
An 8 game stretch exhibits disqualification from being a looter but a guy who literally has multiple of those games against every single team in the damn NBA in his career, good, bad and in the middle somehow is looting? Make it make sense black Jesus. Like what is even the point you're trying to make, that it's easier to get them against bad teams? Well no ****, it's not like he can't get them against good to great ones either and more way more often than not it leads to success.

Overstating impact on winning is not looting :lol:. We both know that. Newsflash, most good players in the NBA have better games against bad teams. Like I said, complaining about general basketball discourse but then doing the same **** when it’s a player you don’t like is no different.

I don't dislike Russ. I would do the same with any player whose stat lines were always put in front of us and I was curious about the context.

An 8 game stretch exhibits disqualification from being a looter but a guy who literally has multiple of those games against every single team in the damn NBA in his career, good, bad and in the middle somehow is looting? Make it make sense black Jesus. Like what is even the point you're trying to make, that it's easier to get them against bad teams? Well no ****, it's not like he can't get them against good to great ones either and more way more often than not it leads to success.

I can't speak for his career but he gets them at almost half the rate against teams above .500 which isn't insignificant to me but it is to you which is fine. In this instance we have different values when it comes to statistical observation (no pun intended).

I don't dislike Russ. I would do the same with any player whose stat lines were always put in front of us and I was curious about the context.

I can't speak for his career but he gets them at almost half the rate against teams above .500 which isn't insignificant to me but it is to you which is fine. In this instance we have different values when it comes to statistical observation (no pun intended).

It's just silly to watch you justify Book who is one of my favorite players for an 8 game bubble stretch as a referendum of him NOT being a looter even though he's been putting numbers up for years on losing teams. And then in the same vein use this season only for Russ not even having the other data over his entire career and proclaiming vehemently that yep this does make him a looter.

He's won over 60% of the games he's played in his career. The number jumps to 75% when he gets the trip dub. I'm pretty sure against .500 teams that number is somewhere in the middle of those percentages which is still outstanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom