OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As big as of a commitment as this was for South Carolina, I doubt that he ends up and rolling there. Now that Ohio state has missed out on Milton, they're looking in his direction and if Georgia misses out on Evans and Bigsby, they're going to be recruiting Lloyd hard.

I don’t think Milton and Evans are gonna both end up at UGA. If Evans commits and sticks he’s gonna push out Milton.

I don’t think Milton and Evans are gonna both end up at UGA. If Evans commits and sticks he’s gonna push out Milton.

How so? They're two completely different types of backs. Milton is a bigger (slower) power back and Evans is quicker and more elusive. Georgia has taken multiple elite backs plenty of times in the past (2012: Gurley, and Marshall) (2014: Michel and Chubb) and (2018: White and Cook). Bama has taken multiple five star running backs in a single class as well.

I think running back recruits are smart enough to understand that they don't have to be in a Wisconsin, Jonathan Taylor situation getting 25 touches a game to showcase their ability and get drafted. Plenty of running backs who split carries in college end up getting drafted really high.

Last edited:
As big as of a commitment as this was for South Carolina, I doubt that he ends up and rolling there. Now that Ohio state has missed out on Milton, they're looking in his direction and if Georgia misses out on Evans and Bigsby, they're going to be recruiting Lloyd hard.

get to see this kid play on 8/24 against St John Bosco. I'm worried about these DC kids. Expecting a bunch of tough guys who won't back down.

It's crazy that he immediately becomes their highest rated recruit on the roster.

From what I was hearing, he was getting third-team reps. We're really deep at that position and we have the five star kid, Sherman coming in next season so I don't think it's that big of a blow.

It just seems like he had a really bad attitude problem and he didn't handle being demoted after his arrest that well. His biggest issue on the field is that he was a tweener, I think he should put on weight and move to becoming a 5 technique defensive end

He’s been told on more than a few occasions to change his attitude or he’s out and then he blew up on Lanning, final straw.

Our LB room so deep we won’t miss him, but he’s a hell of a player tho. Just very immature and lazy.

Milton is on record that he’s been recruiting “Evans & Bigsby” since The Opening

How so? They're two completely different types of backs. Milton is a bigger (slower) power back and Evans is quicker and more elusive. Georgia has taken multiple elite backs plenty of times in the past (2012: Gurley, and Marshall) (2014: Michel and Chubb) and (2018: White and Cook). Bama has taken multiple five star running backs in a single class as well.

I think running back recruits are smart enough to understand that they don't have to be in a Wisconsin, Jonathan Taylor situation getting 25 touches a game to showcase their ability and get drafted. Plenty of running backs who split carries in college end up getting drafted really high.

There's been talk about Milton not wanting to go to a loaded RB depth chart which is why a lot of people projected him to tO$U and OU. Now that he and Evans are projecting to UGA there's a lot more talk about other schools beating him over the head with the depth at UGA. It was a consideration for him before, so I think it's going to be one come signing day. The draw with Georgia is how many backs you’ve gotten drafted recently so I agree they could sell him on splitting carries. I know he was a lock to commit to Georgia for a couple months now besides.

Last edited:
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/pac-12-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2019

USC

"Everyone will be watching to see if they can turn this thing around. They have to get it done this season or Clay Helton is gone. A lot of us thought their administration would make a change last year, but USC is a different place. A lot of their decision-making isn't like most places."

"Losing Kliff Kingsbury is understandable — the guy got a head job in the NFL — but it's still not a good situation. Graham Harrell will have some really talented guys to work with. They won't be drastically different; they've played in the gun for a while now. It won't look as extremely different as we're hearing in the offseason. It might be an improvement over last year. Of all the things around that program, their inability to run the ball is their biggest problem. They just don't look like the USC you expect. Mike Jinks was a great running backs coach in an Air Raid at Texas Tech. So yeah, the hires say they're going all-in on the Air Raid. It might look strange, but they're heading that way."

"They have to count on two things happening: JT Daniels getting comfortable in that system right away and the defense cleaning up."

"Daniels didn’t look comfortable, it didn’t look like he wasn’t progressing or showing that he was getting it with reads and checks. The backup Sears played a little bit, and I know they’re saying it’s an open job, but Daniels has a raw skillset that can’t be matched by those other guys."

"The receiver position is really good for them, so that will help moving to the Air Raid. They could go six deep with top level guys, that’s a position they’ve done really well recruiting."

There's been talk about Milton not wanting to go to a loaded RB depth chart which is why a lot of people projected him to tO$U and OU. Now that he and Evans are projecting to UGA there's a lot more talk about other schools beating him over the head with the depth at UGA. It was a consideration for him before, so I think it's going to be one come signing day. The draw with Georgia is how many backs you’ve gotten drafted recently so I agree they could sell him on splitting carries. I know he was a lock to commit to Georgia for a couple months now besides.

82CEE7AA-DC8E-4022-A3E0-C1A70AE2486B.jpeg

Tf are you talking about

wasn't Milton openly trying to get Evans to join him?

They tweeted pics from their recruiting trips right before Milton committed. I think Milton did say something about Evans when asked as well.

247 guys have been predicting for months they’d both commit to UGA but also said they don’t expect them to both end up there, largely bc Kendall wants to be the feature back and realistically that’s unlikely if he’s bringing in another guy who’s better than him same class. UGA is selling them on sharing carries and all getting drafted.

EDIT

Notice Kendall said he was primarily interested in “winning natty’s” but then didn’t even seriously consider Bama?

82CEE7AA-DC8E-4022-A3E0-C1A70AE2486B.jpeg

Tf are you talking about

You know what? You’re right. You’re always right. UGA will get everyone and then they’re going to win the National championship again this year. I don’t know why I ever listen to any of the recruiting guys over you.

I honestly don’t care about Kendall Milton this much. He’s not coming to USC.

Last edited:
UGA better be damn sure Zach ain’t gonna leave them hanging later. Especially if there’s potential it’s at the expense of Milton.

I still have doubts Zach’s going that far away.

:smh::smh::smh:

This sucks, I hope the kid has a speedy recovery and he is 100% heading into 2020. Alabama is deep at the running back position and they'll be fine.

Edit: after looking at it, after Harris they don't have any proven backs on the roster. This might be the first time in over a decade that Alabama isn't stacked at running back. Their offense will be fine regardless because they have a good offensive line and incredible receivers

Last edited:
You know what? You’re right. You’re always right. UGA will get everyone and then they’re going to win the National championship again this year. I don’t know why I ever listen to any of the recruiting guys over you.

I honestly don’t care about Kendall Milton this much. He’s not coming to USC.

Repeat champs like last year with them GOAT recruiting classes :pimp:

247 poster said Zeus got busy in the scrimmage, 50-yard receiving TD and a rushing TD.

And apparently Pickens had a OBJ one-handed catch. Heres the full report from Rivals.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

We were not allowed to see UGA's scrimmage (unlike the folks in the Magill Society) but here are the notes I received from a few insiders. There were more people in the stadium today. I trust these folks as they know what they are talking about and have provided great information going back many years. Still, it is hard to see everything that happens from their vantage points. Here is what we were told.

“James Cook is now big enough to run inside.” – Makes sense as we saw him bulk up.

“Stetson [Bennett] is the real deal. If he were only two inches taller he would be playing at another major school.” – If I had a quarter for each time I’ve heard that.

“Bennett threw a short touchdown to Tommy Bush.”

“Jake Fromm had a bad day.”

“Fromm was not at his best, to say the least.”

"Tyler Simmons caught a long pass in the 7-on-7 from Fromm versus the 1st team defense."

"D'Wan Mathis is still coming along but I don't expect him to be cleared for the early games." - makes sense as he had brain surgery

"Demetris [Robertson] caught two passes in scrimmage. He looks a lot bigger." - Matches what we saw in the spring/fall as Robertson was more physical and has put on a little muscle.

“Nobody is going to stop our run game unless they put eight men in the box.”

“The offense ran the ball well.”

“Brian Herrien had a long run.”

"[D'Andre] Swift can bounce it like Sony Michel."

“George [Pickens] had a one-handed catch”

“Pickens was physical, man. He played physical and blocked physically.”

"[Jake] Camarda hung up some really big punts."

"The punter was much more consistent."

“The heat was really oppressive.”

“The timing was off as they had a 30-minute weather delay.”

“I saw some good open-field tackling for the first scrimmage.” – a major issue for this source

“There is obvious talent there. I’ve seen worse scrimmages. It wasn’t sloppy but was not efficient.”

“Zamir White looks ready. He looks like he could suit up and play the first game. “

“White is back. Well, at least he is over the first hurdle.”

After the scrimmage, the players, coaches and player families had a nice get together in the west endzone facilities. Just seems like a Kirby thing as he recruits the families as well as the players and this was a good time to hang out and talk.

UPDATE: More notes

"The TD pass to Tommy Bush was 20-25 yards and it was a jump ball."

"The one-handed catch by Pickens was OBJ-like. Leapt up in double coverage."

"Zeus has a couple nice wheel route catches out of the backfield. One was a 50-yard touchdown."

UPDATE: More notes

" [Brian] Herrien is playing with a huge chip on his shoulder. Running hard every play and later broke for a 50-yard touchdown."

"Lawrence Cager, Kearis [Jackson], and [Tyler] Simmons started as the first team wide receivers."

"Zeus and Cook were on the second team. No limitations. And Zeus was on the second team Kick Return."

"Tommy Bush made a great snatch out of the air for a TD."

"First team defense looks really good."

" [Nakobe] Dean was getting reps with the first team defense."

Last edited:
Do colleges sell any merchandise with a player's name or part of their name? Me and my boy have an idea for a shirt that would undoubtedly sell like hot cakes.

Do you do i.p. law lawdog1 lawdog1 ?

Back
Top Bottom