OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everything y'all saying about Barton I feel like it should be applied to Chip Patterson insread, also the audible pod has become droning.

I watched all of Barton’s game by game prediction/win total videos and he was saying dumb **** like “they let me down last year when I picked them so I don’t trust them to win these games this year.” “They lost a ton on defense, most starters in fact, but this school always has a good defense so you know they’ll be good regardless.”

He had a Mike Macintyre take this week that got me: “Everyone keeps saying Mike Macintyre is a good defensive coach and sure his defense at Colorado was pretty good, he won national coach of the year I think a few years back, but the last time he was a defensive coordinator it was for a 4-8 2008 Duke team that was 70th in the nation in yards per play! You’re getting excited about a 70th ranked defensive coordinator?”

I’m sitting there like... first off the ACC was really good in 2008, so 4-8 after being 3-33 or whatever the combined record was the 3 seasons before he got there is pretty good. Plus they were doing that with absolutely no recruited talent and no fan interest or money in that football program. Being 70th was pretty impressive all things considered. His whole season preview was dumb and could be summed up with “the numbers and personnel say this will be happening, but I’m going to go with my gut.”

I watched all of Barton’s game by game prediction/win total videos and he was saying dumb **** like “they let me down last year when I picked them so I don’t trust them to win these games this year.” “They lost a ton on defense, most starters in fact, but this school always has a good defense so you know they’ll be good regardless.”

He had a Mike Macintyre take this week that got me: “Everyone keeps saying Mike Macintyre is a good defensive coach and sure his defense at Colorado was pretty good, he won national coach of the year I think a few years back, but the last time he was a defensive coordinator it was for a 4-8 2008 Duke team that was 70th in the nation in yards per play! You’re getting excited about a 70th ranked defensive coordinator?”

I’m sitting there like... first off the ACC was really good in 2008, so 4-8 after being 3-33 or whatever the combined record was the 3 seasons before he got there is pretty good. Plus they were doing that with absolutely no recruited talent and no fan interest or money in that football program. Being 70th was pretty impressive all things considered. His whole season preview was dumb and could be summed up with “the numbers and personnel say this will be happening, but I’m going to go with my gut.”

Not to mention oh, he doesn't cross references pics between videos. He picked Texas A&M to beat Georgia and his Texas A&M picks video
Screenshot_20190811-195702_YouTube.jpg

then turned around and picked Georgia to beat Texas A&M in his Georgia video :lol::lol::lol:
20190811_200511.jpg

Not to mention oh, he doesn't cross references pics between videos. He picked Texas A&M to beat Georgia and his Texas A&M picks video
Screenshot_20190811-195702_YouTube.jpg

then turned around and picked Georgia to beat Texas A&M in his Georgia video :lol::lol::lol:
20190811_200511.jpg

He did the same thing with USC and UW.

9B1FEF2C-8729-4959-AC39-3B44D6746C67.jpeg
66209F8E-AFFC-4CC5-A3E6-64B4FDB3791F.jpeg

100% this. The rationale is so ridiculous because what it takes to dominate professional football in college football a completely different. I heard an interview with Barton and he said something to the effect of "the NFL likes tall quarterbacks so this shoulder quarterback isn't ranked as high because he's not that good of an NFL prospect." So regardless of whether or not he can dominate at the college level, they won't rank this kid as highly as they would otherwise? So their rankings change as the NFL changes?
It's so dumb. Like... Rank the kid as a college football prospect. Tyler Owens was a horrendous high school football player. His second best offer after Texas was Baylor. But he's built like Sean Taylor and is an elite track speed guy = 5 star NFL first rounder. :lol: :lol:

It's so dumb. Like... Rank the kid as a college football prospect. Tyler Owens was a horrendous high school football player. His second best offer after Texas was Baylor. But he's built like Sean Taylor and is an elite track speed guy = 5 star NFL first rounder. :lol: :lol:

On top of that, because they're so focused on the NFL, their rankings have to change as NFL changes. Now that shoulder quarterbacks like Russell Wilson, Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray are having success and being drafted high, are they going to start ranking shorter quarterbacks higher?

They should just stick to ranking which players they think will dominate at the college level. The NFL and college football are so dissimilar in a lot of ways. Running quarterbacks who aren't accurate can become dominant college players, very few College offenses require NFL accuracy. They're not NFL scouts, just focus on who can dominate college.

The most egregious example of this was back in 2015 when they had Kyler Murray ranked #30 when he was clearly the best player in the country. he's arguably the greatest high School football player of all time, never lost a game and completely dominated (78 TDs as a senior) at the highest level of high school football in the country but they somehow ranked for quarterbacks ahead of him because he's 5 ft 10. :lol:

"I don't care if he's dominated at the highest level, freakishly athletic with a gigantic arm, and very accurate, the NFL doesn't like short QBs" FOH

Last edited:
This is pretty much in line with every preseason inline I've seen.

The only teams I think is kind of overrated are Oklahoma and Ohio State.

Oklahoma's success the last few seasons was based on all time great quarterback play to make up for their awful defense and I'm not sure that Jalen Hurts can maintain that. I do think that their defense will be improved with the new defensive coordinator and even if Jalen isn't incredible, he'll have great playmakers around him. I would have them ranked #9 or #10. What have you guys been hearing about Jalen's performance in camp?

Ohio state is a very talented team but I think their high-ranking is based on Justin Fields being as good as advertised and I'm not sure if he's there yet (or maybe I'm just a hater Georgia fan lol). @10508 cardo jr ln and @kickz4242 can attest to this, but I'd watched every snap of Justin Fields career at Georgia and I only saw him a read a defense maybe five times all season. Was this because he's a true freshman? I'm sure that's part of it. Was it because they were yanking him in and out of the game? That's probably part of it as well but maybe he just can't read defenses at this stage in his career. Anyway, we'll see.

Last edited:
On top of that, because they're so focused on the NFL, their rankings have to change as NFL changes. Now that shoulder quarterbacks like Russell Wilson, Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray are having success and being drafted high, are they going to start ranking shorter quarterbacks higher?

They should just stick to ranking which players they think will dominate at the college level. The NFL and college football are so dissimilar in a lot of ways. Running quarterbacks who aren't accurate can become dominant college players, very few College offenses require NFL accuracy. They're not NFL scouts, just focus on who can dominate college.

The most egregious example of this was back in 2015 when they had Kyler Murray ranked #30 when he was clearly the best player in the country. he's arguably the greatest high School football player of all time, never lost a game and completely dominated (78 TDs as a senior) at the highest level of high school football in the country but they somehow ranked for quarterbacks ahead of him because he's 5 ft 10. :lol:

"I don't care if he's dominated at the highest level, freakishly athletic with a gigantic arm, and very accurate, the NFL doesn't like short QBs" FOH

Lol they’ve already said on a pod they would have reranked some players like Mason Fine, though I’m not sure how.

Wow USC not ranked preseason for the 1st time since 2001.

Won't even get a boost smacking them Canes around smh.

Last edited:

Don't really see the point in leaking this. If he turned down $300k from Clemson, what did Michigan give to get him to AA?

Don't really see the point in leaking this. If he turned down $300k from Clemson, what did Michigan give to get him to AA?

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty naive to think that he turned down 300 stacks in order to go to Michigan for free because he loves them so much :lol:. It's not like he grew up a lifelong wolverines fan and he didn't graduate so its not like hes using that Michigan education for anyting

Sam was probably trying to make some pretentious point but that rumor has been around for a while tho. I wouldn't really call it a leak.

IIRC the rumor at the time was that it was "six digits" and everyone just assumed it was 100k. 300k makes sense if the Brian Bowens of the world are getting 150.

Back
Top Bottom