OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like SC and UCLA aren't going to be able to start 9/26 due to the outbreak and will eventually announce that they'll push the game back to October 31.

Players should ask for checks if the conferences wanna have a season...They saying all this is bout money right? Well time to break them off a piece

At this point, I don't think nako xl nako xl wants to have a season just so he can say "I told you so"
nah, if anything, nako xl nako xl wants them to play, but only if its deemed "safe" to proceed. I think he accepts the reasons why it would be cancelled if that decision is made.

There's zero reason why anybody would want the season to be cancelled unless you feel strongly about this virus and the ability to play a season without people getting sick. I lean towards that. I don't think any sports should be played, especially if the players are playing for "free," unless there's a bubble. If college said its cancelled until perhaps January, I would applaud and say "good decision."

nah, if anything, nako xl nako xl wants them to play, but only if its deemed "safe" to proceed. I think he accepts the reasons why it would be cancelled if that decision is made.

There's zero reason why anybody would want the season to be cancelled unless you feel strongly about this virus and the ability to play a season without people getting sick. I lean towards that. I don't think any sports should be played, especially if the players are playing for "free," unless there's a bubble. If college said its cancelled until perhaps January, I would applaud and say "good decision."
If there's gonna be a bubble, then all coaches, staff refs, and grounds crew need to basically live in them as well. If that means sheltering in place so be it. But if Pac 12 refs and equipment staffs are going out to BBQs and clubbing then it's a joke to think the players alone being isolated is going to make this safe. And we've heard about exposure to the disease causing all sorts of internal organ and neurological issues, not just lungs, so what is coupling that with high impact collisions going to do to these kids?

I want football, I miss it, but I also value human life and I also recognize if these kids were majority white and wealthy we wouldn't be talking about this in the fall.

If there's gonna be a bubble, then all coaches, staff refs, and grounds crew need to basically live in them as well. If that means sheltering in place so be it. But if Pac 12 refs and equipment staffs are going out to BBQs and clubbing then it's a joke to think the players alone being isolated is going to make this safe. And we've heard about exposure to the disease causing all sorts of internal organ and neurological issues, not just lungs, so what is coupling that with high impact collisions going to do to these kids?
absolutely. Everybody has to be isolated for it to work.

There's too much unknown about this disease.

You should see the arguments I have in high school football threads. It was like casper90403 casper90403 / nako xl nako xl 2015 arguments, x1000. These trinity league fans just don't give a damn and need their football

absolutely. Everybody has to be isolated for it to work.

There's too much unknown about this disease.

You should see the arguments I have in high school football threads. It was like casper90403 casper90403 / nako xl nako xl 2015 arguments, x1000. These trinity league fans just don't give a damn and need their football
Bro half of the people on Pac 12 boards are like that. They're calling the Pac 12 soft for taking precautions and not starting in August like Oklahoma.

"That's why the west coast will always be behind the SEC and Big 12 in football! They've got their priorities all messed up!" A poster actually said that.

A group of Pac-12 football players from multiple schools is threatening to opt out of both preseason camps and games until its negotiations with the league regarding concerns about racial injustice, their safety during the coronavirus pandemic and other demands are completed.

A text message obtained by ESPN says the group's goal is to "obtain a written contract with the Pac- 12 that legally ensures we are offered the following protections and benefits."

The group's list of demands, according to the text message, includes safe play amid the pandemic, fighting racial injustice, securing economic rights and fair compensation, protecting all sports and obtaining long-term health insurance.

The Players have ALL the power right now and it’s never been a better time/situation to call for pay and benefits...They would be dumb not to make that move for this season ...Request good healthcare packages and a guaranteed salary, make the conferences negotiate

No better time to end the “student athlete amateur” facade for Football and basketball than now

With how Title IX legislation is written, I don’t know how schools find a way to meet these sorts of demands from football and basketball players without opening themselves up to a heaping pile of **** and lawsuits from athletes in other sports, women’s programs, etc.

I fully support finding better ways to compensate athletes, but legally and logistically its a nightmare for the NCAA - and even the schools if they do breakaway from the NCAA entirely.

Schools are going to have to end up being forced to cut other programs entirely to make almost any of this possible.

yeah, there has to be more to this. if they opted out, then its fine to say clear your lockers. Scholarship is still there's.

But if its because of that graphic, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Doesn't seem like Rolovich runs a program like that

yeah, there has to be more to this. if they opted out, then its fine to say clear your lockers. Scholarship is still there's.

But if its because of that graphic, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Doesn't seem like Rolovich runs a program like that
They’re going to end up being told to opt out across the conference.

There’s almost no way the Pac12 can meet their demands under any circumstance - let alone with a month before play starts.

Schools should probably be doing more with COVID testing. But the more thought I’ve put into paying players, I just don’t see how it ever works.

Players might have to be OK with name and likeness rights and other forms of potential revenue streams being allowed. They’re not ever gonna be able to just cut checks to football or basketball players.

Back
Top Bottom