OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They’re going to end up being told to opt out across the conference.

There’s almost no way the Pac12 can meet their demands under any circumstance - let alone with a month before play starts.

Schools should probably be doing more with COVID testing. But the more thought I’ve put into paying players, I just don’t see how it ever works.

Players might have to be OK with name and likeness rights and other forms of potential revenue streams being allowed. They’re not ever gonna be able to just cut checks to football or basketball players.
Why not?

Why can’t they cut checks to football and basketball players?

That's a Title 9 violation of waiting to happen. What are they going to tell the non-revenue generating athletes and the women's athletes? "your sport doesn't make money for the school, tough luck?"

Why can’t they cut checks to football and basketball players?
Unless something changes at the federal level with Title IX, it’s just not possible.

All these schools are state funded. They’re not gonna be able to just skirt around Title IX.

Just found out about him recently and damn. He is roasting kids in his film & it's not like he is playing low level competition

Assuming he is TAMU/Texas's to lose?

Just found out about him recently and damn. He is roasting kids in his film & it's not like he is playing low level competition

Assuming he is TAMU/Texas's to lose?
A&M is basically zeroed in on either landing him or flipping JoJo Earle from LSU. Want speed over everything right now.

Far as I'm aware, he's wide open at this point and in no rush to make a decision.

Texas is about to take Ketron Jackson for some reason. Not sure what else they're gonna be looking for at receiver.

That's a Title 9 violation of waiting to happen. What are they going to tell the non-revenue generating athletes and the women's athletes? "your sport doesn't make money for the school, tough luck?"

Unless something changes at the federal level with Title IX, it’s just not possible.

All these schools are state funded. They’re not gonna be able to just skirt around Title IX.
Title IX isn't written as simply as that though. For example it also applies to employees, and plenty of schools pay staff varying salaries based on tenure and position.

You can pay based on percentage of revenue generated and work out a baseline payment number for sports that don't generate any revenue and I don't think many would complain.

I'm not saying this excuses the use of the word (Gary should know better and if he doesn't this should be his 'last time' excuse) but to be fair here the context in which the word was used also needs to be given as well.

Sounds like it was a situation similar to the Clemson assistant coach. I'd be surprised if he is fired but if he is, it's not a career-ender. He might even finally be able to upgrade to a better program next year.

I know a lot of dudes that played at TCU and damn near every one of them hated Gary Patterson's guts by the time they left. Not because he's a racist - just because he's an *** hole.

He probably wasn't using it towards a player, but man you can't be that brain dead. You just can't say that **** and expect nothing to happen.

Curious what happens with TCU/any repercussions. I'm guessing nothing given his status there, but who knows.

I know a lot of dudes that played at TCU and damn near every one of them hated Gary Patterson's guts by the time they left. Not because he's a racist - just because he's an *** hole.

He probably wasn't using it towards a player, but man you can't be that brain dead. You just can't say that **** and expect nothing to happen.

Curious what happens with TCU/any repercussions. I'm guessing nothing given his status there, but who knows.
From the GVSU days, lots of guys talked about never wanting to see Brian Kelley after they left... Guy was an insult master apparently

Back
Top Bottom