OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it hard to believe that OU wouldn’t match that. They have the cash.

Also people on Twitter keep talking about how Louisiana is better than Oklahoma for recruiting which is true but people really forget that Oklahoma doesn’t rely on the state for recruits, the school is literally 3 hrs away from DFW (same time/distance as Austin) so they’ve always gotten tons of Texas recruits.

I mean I guess in Louisiana you don’t have another P5 school to compete with but I really don’t think LSU is THAT much better than OU from a recruiting standpoint.

I grew up in Texas and went to a HS that produces 4-5 stars on a pretty regular basis so that’s just my outdated opinion :lol:
There's a large contingent of Oklahoma boosters and HS coaches who are angry with Lincoln for under-recruiting in-state talent. Pre-USC's season falling apart we were about to steal Gentry Williams from inside Tulsa and that was going to cause an uproar.

There are some who are tired of Lincoln's way of doing things and aren't heartbroken over him leaving. That contingent doesn't want to match an offer that big. In the end they probably will, because it's a bad look to have teams from the conference you're about to join bully you for your head coach, but they're not eager to do it.

Anybody know why in the pros and college they have these dudes fielding punts on the 5 yard line? I remember growing up it was like they stand on the 15 and anything over their head they let go, anything in front of them they catch. Has the punting just gotten so good that if they don’t catch it on the 5, it’s likely to be downed inside the 5?

Ohio State fields them/fair catches them inside the 5 a lot and I don’t understand it either. Why fair catch it at the 5 when you can just let it go and potentially get a touchback? The risk of muffing it is way worse than starting inside your 5

Lincoln to the squad in the locker room after this one

ezgif-6-3b92c94297ba.gif

There's a large contingent of Oklahoma boosters and HS coaches who are angry with Lincoln for under-recruiting in-state talent. Pre-USC's season falling apart we were about to steal Gentry Williams from inside Tulsa and that was going to cause an uproar.

There are some who are tired of Lincoln's way of doing things and aren't heartbroken over him leaving. That contingent doesn't want to match an offer that big. In the end they probably will, because it's a bad look to have teams from the conference you're about to join bully you for your head coach, but they're not eager to do it.
They want him gone.
They being the people whose opinion matter.
Boosters too.

Gonna be cool to see a playoff with no Bama (assuming they lose and don’t get boosted to 2 after a loss), Oklahoma, Ohio State, and clemson

Georgia
Cincinnati
Michigan
Notre Dame/OK State/Baylor?

Feels like one of those NCAA football seasons you look at sideways because of the CPU simulated upsets.

LSU, USC, Clemson, Miami, FSU, UF, and Texas are all trash at the same tine? Yeah ok EA.

Georgia
Cincinnati
Michigan
Notre Dame/OK State/Baylor?

Feels like one of those NCAA football seasons you look at sideways because of the CPU simulated upsets.

LSU, USC, Clemson, Miami, FSU, UF, and Texas are all trash at the same tine? Yeah ok EA.

That right there is unbelievable as well. I don’t remember the last time the Florida Big 3 were this bad. Going to be interesting to see how many players from the bigger programs sit out of these bowl games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom