OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just CFB, either. The NFL has been horrendous for several years.

All the rule changes and grey area around all sorts of contact has made it damn near impossible.

It’s not just CFB, either. The NFL has been horrendous for several years.

All the rule changes and grey area around all sorts of contact has made it damn near impossible.

i mean look at these stupid taunting penalties in the nfl. You can’t stare at the opposing sideline, but it’s perfectly OK to have the entire team run the length of the field and pose in front of cameras when there is a turnover.

Michigan D and running game is interesting. McNamara with the 14 TD to 2 INT ratio. Dude was slingin it in big moments.

Michigan D and running game is interesting. McNamara with the 14 TD to 2 INT ratio. Dude was slingin it in big moments.
And one of those picks came against the worst pass D in the nation. But if they win next week then that L to "Little Brother" in the end meant nothing but added suspense to the CFP picture.

Lincoln isn’t leaving OU. He owns the damn state pretty much and the team has produced. LSU has just patented was with a coach several years removed from a championship. That’s NOT a good thing.

Lincoln isn’t leaving OU. He owns the damn state pretty much and the team has produced. LSU has just patented was with a coach several years removed from a championship. That’s NOT a good thing.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Oklahoma certainly has more stability, as you mentioned. LSU is quick to fire even national championship winning coaches.

If Oklahoma and Texas weren't joining the SEC, I would definitely recommend staying at OU but if Oklahoma and LSU are both in the same conference ( or maybe even the same pod or division) I'd rather be the LSU coach in Oklahoma coach. Better proximity to talent.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Oklahoma certainly has more stability, as you mentioned. LSU is quick to fire even national championship winning coaches.

If Oklahoma and Texas weren't joining the SEC, I would definitely recommend staying at OU but if Oklahoma and LSU are both in the same conference ( or maybe even the same pod or division) I'd rather be the LSU coach in Oklahoma coach. Better proximity to talent.
What’s happens when they join the SEC remains to be seen, but the fact of the matter is OU is a top 10 program year after year and has made the CFP multiple times. They’re recruiting just fine.

Lincoln just deaded all LSU talks so there’s that too 🤷🏽‍♂️

Besides the money it seems like a total lateral move if they’re both in the SEC.

Feel bad for Texas though, they’re about to be Vandy

Oklahoma is close to talent though, based on the state’s proximity to Texas. :lol: And they do a pretty good job in California.

If Texas doesn’t turn it around they’re going to be a Vandy/SC/Mizzou/Miss State type of team year after year.

All in all, Texas will be as good and will have the same record as they do now. Difference is, that’ll be their ceiling

All in all, Texas will be as good and will have the same record as they do now. Difference is, that’ll be their ceiling
You know Texas has a national championship in the past 15-20 years right? Only 4 other teams in that vaunted perilous sec murderers row can say that and Oklahoma isn’t one of them.

Texas historically has been mid because their admin and boosters are stupid. But the right AD or coach could turn that thing around really quickly. They have everything needed to dominate but competence and cohesion.

Texas is the college football definition of a sleeping giant. There are only a handful of schools that truly fall under that classification.

You know Texas has a national championship in the past 15-20 years right? Only 4 other teams in that vaunted perilous sec murderers row can say that and Oklahoma isn’t one of them.

Texas historically has been mid because their admin and boosters are stupid. But the right AD or coach could turn that thing around really quickly. They have everything needed to dominate but competence and cohesion.

Texas is the college football definition of a sleeping giant. There are only a handful of schools that truly fall under that classification.
That all sounds awesome….,none of this mattered in a decade. Sleeping giant might be dead 🤷🏽‍♂️

Texas has enough money to spend their way out of bad mistakes. How long will that take? Who knows.

Texas has enough money to spend their way out of bad mistakes. How long will that take? Who knows.
So do a lot of schools that continue to suck.

UT’s single biggest problem is the one thing that’s an absolute necessity to be consistently good - not even great - in college football.

There’s never alignment from top to bottom. Ever.

They’re always a train wreck culturally. Always. Even when Mack Brown was there, the culture of that athletic department was held together with bandaids and whatever Mack used to keep his wooden dentures in place.

I feel like the problem with Texas is they try these young hot shot coordinators that don’t have a proven track record of anything besides having a good season or two at a mid major school. They need to back up the brinks truck and make a big splash hire of someone who’s proven that recruits will follow

I feel like the problem with Texas is they try these young hot shot coordinators that don’t have a proven track record of anything besides having a good season or two at a mid major school. They need to back up the brinks truck and make a big splash hire of someone who’s proven that recruits will follow
They’ve tried every time they’ve tried to hire someone since Mack.

Nobody that’s established will take that job.

Texas is going to have to hire someone with enough strength and cache to get all those boosters to get in line, **** and just give your money to the dept

Who gives a **** what you have to say about football, you don’t know the game and what you think you know about the game is what has gotten them in the position that they’re in now

Texas is going to have to hire someone with enough strength and cache to get all those boosters to get in line, **** and just give your money to the dept
Exactly. Saban or Urban to Texas would have been terrifying. What we're all lucky for is that the boosters are too stupid to cede the majority of their control.

They don't WANT to win. They stubbornly want to use Texas as their plaything and hope the team wins despite their meddling. Saban had to put people in headlocks in Tuscaloosa but once he started winning big they got it and got out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom