OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
could not believe Collins Hills lost that game. I turned the game off with less than 30 seconds once Hunter scored the go ahead. Disappointed I didnt stick around.

He's been at A&M three years..

First year - bad. Like run him outta town before the year is over bad.
Second year - Really good. But COVID year with 4 seniors. 3 were NFL guys and one had 40+ starts to his name - and an All-America future 1st round sophomore.
This year - Super mixed bag - but replacing 4 starters.

He's also the primary recruiter on the only two five stars A&M aggressively pursued and didn't sign this cycle (Banks and Kiyaunta Goodwin). :lol: Very MEH recruiter.

I think he's a solid OL coach - but I'm not sure what he's coached over the last decade+ was a great fit for what A&M really should be doing on the OL.

The most telling question for me is - would A&M lose a guy they really, truly wanted to keep over a lateral move to USC when he's got no ties to Riley, never coached west of Texas A&M, and started his coaching career on the same LSU staff as Jimbo? Feels like a mutual "time to move on" situation.

:lol: real tears

Well USC is giving whoever their OL hire was a BAG and an offensive coordinator title. So it's truly a lateral move. It's a you get to claim to be coordinator on whats presuemd to be a top offense and quick turnaround and then in 1-2 years can sell that when interviewing for a HC job. They've had a lot of suitors for the position but were stubbornly hellbent on Bedenbaugh even after Lebby was hired.

What I'm confused on though is it sounds like Riley wanted a spread offense guy and a heavy recruiter, so hiring the dude from Jimbo's old school offense and what you describe as a meh recruiter is a little ???
I think some of the issues at A&M with Jimbo were Henson had propelled his career forward at Missouri and been the OC for a spread system under Pinkel (I think?).

He was pushed into coaching something he hadn't coached in probably a decade.

USC with Riley might honestly just be a better fit.

You just worry about Mullet Boy and whether or not you’re gonna be able to beat Baylor, Kansas and West Virginia in 2022.
Just stating the facts. Don't get mad because we own y'all and never seen Aggy play for it all. Its cool. Keep making rings for beating LSU and T-Shirts for beating Bama.

Just stating the facts. Don't get mad because we own y'all and never seen Aggy play for it all. Its cool. Keep making rings for beating LSU and T-Shirts for beating Bama.
You losers don’t get to claim to own anything when you’re only better than Tech record-wise in state over the last decade.

You losers don’t get to claim to own anything when you’re only better than Tech record-wise in state over the last decade.
Oh God here we go with this decade or lets make the timeline fit my point. B.S. I quit team jumping and stay with the sheep humpers. Y'all have a hell of a recruiting class coming in but won't do anything because of Jimbo and that is facts. Im not hating but he is overrated

Oh God here we go with this decade or lets make the timeline fit my point. B.S. I quit team jumping and stay with the sheep humpers. Y'all have a hell of a recruiting class coming in but won't do anything because of Jimbo and that is facts. Im not hating but he is overrated
You wanna pop off about Jimbo when you’ve whiffed on ever major candidate you’ve tried to hire for 4 hiring cycles now and your alcoholic head coach hasn’t ever won 9 games in a regular season? :lol:

Couldn’t be me.

My man’s got coaches with stripper side pieces and monkeys biting off kids fingers on Halloween. Chill.

You wanna pop off about Jimbo when you’ve whiffed on ever major candidate you’ve tried to hire for 4 hiring cycles now and your alcoholic head coach hasn’t ever won 9 games in a regular season? :lol:

Couldn’t be me.

Couldn’t be me.
I'm just stating fact homeboy. Unless yall have a Heisman QB he wont win you nothing in that Civil War offense. Only difference between Jimbo and Sumlin are their skin color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom