OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good get for Aggy. Texas, A&M and Zero U are battling for recruits in Texas like back in the 90s and 2000s
A&M actually has a real shot at some kids now, too, where they were mostly taking the scraps in the late 90s and into the 00’s.

And that scumbag Venables gonna win some, too.

A&M actually has a real shot at some kids now, too, where they were mostly taking the scraps in the late 90s and into the 00’s.

And that scumbag Venables gonna win some, too.
Any updates on Malachi?

I heard Zach Branch refused to attend your pool party, but he Malachi and Makai might take a trip to Bama next month.

When you start stockpiling talent year after year it eventually gets to a point where talent overwhelms most coaching deficiencies
Very true. Even Helton won a conference chip and a Rose Bowl and beat top 5 ranked Utah, top ranked Penn State, hype train Texas, and playoffs bound UW off Sark's recruits. Then the later recruiting L's caught up to him.

All jokes aside, I'm looking at A&M's schedule and I see everything from 11-1 to 7-5. With how they played last year, losing to any of these teams wouldn't surprise me but neither would them being favored in every game but Bama.

All jokes aside, I'm looking at A&M's schedule and I see everything from 11-1 to 7-5. With how they played last year, losing to any of these teams wouldn't surprise me but neither would them being favored in every game but Bama.
All depends on what they get at quarterback. They won’t be worse at any position on the field than they were last year.

I wouldn’t be surprised with anything from 8-4 to 10-2 this year, with next year being the one where they actually have things lined up for a real run at the SEC.

Also:
1659277082473.gif

There is only 1 team on their schedule more talented than TAMU and that's Alabama. Auburn is down, Ole Miss has to break in a new QB, LSU has a depleted roster and a first-year coach. Even if you include Alabama as an automatic L and throw in another random loss, they should be 10-2 at worst. No excuses for Jimbo and crew this season.

Last edited:
All depends on what they get at quarterback. They won’t be worse at any position on the field than they were last year.

I wouldn’t be surprised with anything from 8-4 to 10-2 this year, with next year being the one where they actually have things lined up for a real run at the SEC.

Also:
1659277082473.gif
USC and Lincoln have shown they can take another team's best player. If Malachi decides to chase the immediate, smaller, bag to A&M (I don't think he will, but let's say he does) who have only produced 2 first round QBs in their school's history (Tannehill and Manziel) then so be it. We'll go take a transfer off someone else's roster or pull a different set of HS QBs.

We leaning into the program historical arguments like they actually matter?

As a Georgia fan I'll tell you firsthand that no one will believe you can do until you actually do it and you'll get crap from rivals until you get it done. Georgia was getting crap for not getting it done despite winning the SEC, winning a playoff game and playing in the National Title game. Nobody cares if your program is progressing or getting close. Gotta get it done, especially with the amount of talent on the roster. No excuse to lose to 2-3 less talented teams every season

I think TAMU gets at least 8, likely 9 wins this year. Anything higher than that all depends on QB play.

2023 though, I'd expect them to without question be in the SEC Championship/Playoff hunt

We leaning into the program historical arguments like they actually matter?
Historical? Jimbo’s going into his 5th year as your HC. Are you confident any of the QBs on this roster will be a 1st round pick under him? We’re talking about the current state of things.

11216017.png

Last edited:
Historical? Jimbo’s going into his 5th year as your HC. Are you confident any of the QBs on this roster will be a 1st round pick under him? We’re talking about the current state of things.

11216017.png
Yes. Weigman will be a first rounder.

Uhhhh in recent memory who has Jimbo sent vs Riley?
I dunno why Jimbo got dubbed the QB Whisperer, but turning EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder into first rounders was a work of art. Lincoln’s been incredible with Baker, Jalen, and Kyler…but what happened with his first fully-developed project (Rattler)?

But are we really just gonna act like USC is some breeding ground for successful NFL QBs? First rounders or not, neither school has had huge success pumping out NFL stars at the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom